Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:51 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The wealthier towns don't really associated with Bridgeport on weekends Westport, Fairfield, Darien residents are going to Norwalk/Stamford, Manhattan or Brooklyn for their city trips.
This is a good point and something I’ve mentioned here multiple times. Towns south of Waterbury and west of New Haven have an overwhelming association with towns southwest. For example, Seymour and Milford are both more closely tied with Bridgeport, Shelton, Stratford and Trumbull than they are Waterbury, Wolcott, East Haven or Hamden. Residents of Trumbull likely associate themselves more with Norwalk than Orange, even though Orange is much closer. If you mention Woodbridge to someone in Norwalk or Stamford, they’ll assume you mean Woodbridge NJ, and likely have no clue where Woodbridge CT is, even though is far closer than Woodbridge NJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 02:11 PM

4,451 posts, read 3,344,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The wealthier towns don't really associated with Bridgeport on weekends Westport, Fairfield, Darien residents are going to Norwalk/Stamford, Manhattan or Brooklyn for their city trips.
The point is not day trips of the wealthy. The point is BUSINESS and BUILDING WEALTH in ones town/city. in close proximity to NYC/Manhattan.

Both Danbury and Bridgeport are about 60 miles from Manhattan. Bridgeport is right on the Metro North line and has a coastline to boot.

The only way you can screw that up is corruption, corruption, corruption with side order of gangs, drugs and a welcoming sanctuary city that harbors it's illegal criminals.

BTW, my former First Selectman Tim Herbst who is running for Governor came out with a statement. He is giving notice to the sanctuary cities that harbor the criminals. GOOD, BRAVO TIM HERBST.
https://www.ctpost.com/local/article...e-13004002.php

“"Gov. Malloy has used the cover provided by a nationwide trend of decreasing crime to weaken our state's support for law enforcement, pursue unproven and dangerous prison policies that let criminals out of jail early, shelter criminal illegal aliens from federal law enforcement, eliminate capital punishment and much more,” Herbst said in a statement.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:47 PM

14,051 posts, read 13,926,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
This is a good point and something I’ve mentioned here multiple times. Towns south of Waterbury and west of New Haven have an overwhelming association with towns southwest. For example, Seymour and Milford are both more closely tied with Bridgeport, Shelton, Stratford and Trumbull than they are Waterbury, Wolcott, East Haven or Hamden. Residents of Trumbull likely associate themselves more with Norwalk than Orange, even though Orange is much closer. If you mention Woodbridge to someone in Norwalk or Stamford, they’ll assume you mean Woodbridge NJ, and likely have no clue where Woodbridge CT is, even though is far closer than Woodbridge NJ.
On Saturday morning Metro North is pack with people and their kids mostly getting off at Stamford, Harlem, Grand Central they have conversation about visiting museums, fancy Manhattan restaurants etc I took train from Milford. Woodbridge residents go to Downtown New Haven or Downtown Stamford

Last edited by BPt111; 06-18-2018 at 02:55 PM..

Old 06-19-2018, 07:29 AM

4,451 posts, read 3,344,634 times
I just got this from my former First Selectman (who is running for Governor) in a letter. He must have sent this e-mail to his past donors because I don't see it on his website to post the link.

Topics the task force will aim to discuss and addressinclude:
Supporting Law Enforcement
Eliminating Malloy’s Early Prison Release Program (RREC)
Making changes to the Management of the Prison System
Restoring Capital Punishment
Cracking Down on Sanctuary Cities
Cracking Down on Drug Traffickers

Enough is enough.

Good Tim Herbst! He wants to crack down on these Sanctuary Cities. I love that he is politically incorrect and wants to clean up our cities that always end up on the "cities with worst crime in US" lists.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:38 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,800 times
Its crazy that a politician is viewed as not PC for wanting to enforce existing laws.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:45 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,193,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Its crazy that a politician is viewed as not PC for wanting to enforce existing laws.
It’s amazing, isn’t it?

Old 06-19-2018, 03:04 PM

58 posts, read 50,516 times
I think the sanctuary city stuff is overrated from both ends. Beyond that, I agree with CTArtist. Bridgeport should be much better. I will report that Black Rock is getting nicer by the day. It only makes sense. Housing in the Beach area of Fairfield is hitting obscene levels. Some of that has to spill over.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:44 PM

21,732 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRocker View Post
I think the sanctuary city stuff is overrated from both ends. Beyond that, I agree with CTArtist. Bridgeport should be much better. I will report that Black Rock is getting nicer by the day. It only makes sense. Housing in the Beach area of Fairfield is hitting obscene levels. Some of that has to spill over.
Bridgeport is showing promise here and there. There’s plans to covert a lot of old factories into apartments. East Bridgeport is still a dump unfortunately.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 AM

6 posts, read 3,453 times
Why is new haven 1 of the worst?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:08 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,692,561 times
A lot of CT Cities have a lot of potential and great communities intertwined through these Cities. However, financial woes, drug trafficking, and gang activity do drag a lot of CT Cities down and give them a bad rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut