Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:29 PM

830 posts, read 1,093,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLawyerMama View Post
Agree on the busy streets. My street is not super busy but still very hilly and I get nervous for the kids to bike around. Thank you for the information on Darien. However we do attend synagogue so a place with none wouldn’t work for us.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Weston even has a synagogue. Plenty of Darien residents attend synagogues in neighboring Stamford or Norwalk so its a nonissue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think Weston even has a synagogue. Plenty of Darien residents attend synagogues in neighboring Stamford or Norwalk so its a nonissue.
Temple Israel is on Colytown Road in Westport which is not far from the Weston town line. Jay

Home

Old 07-18-2018, 09:24 AM

830 posts, read 1,093,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Temple Israel is on Colytown Road in Westport which is not far from the Weston town line. Jay

Home
Right, but not in Weston.. I'm saying it's the same thing. Agudath Sholom Synagogue in Stamford is 1 mile from Darien, and Temple Shalom in Norwalk is 2 miles from Darien.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:06 AM

113 posts, read 245,161 times
I think we have decided on Westport. We have friends who live there (a few of my college friends live there with their families) and all around it works for us.

Next question is what are the best areas in Westport? Or are they all great? I’ve heard of Coleytown and Hunt Club so far. Any others?

Old 07-20-2018, 12:15 PM

786 posts, read 824,262 times
Quote:
I think we have decided on Westport. We have friends who live there (a few of my college friends live there with their families) and all around it works for us.

Next question is what are the best areas in Westport? Or are they all great? I’ve heard of Coleytown and Hunt Club so far. Any others?
I live in Coleytown and its great if you like quietness and lots of space. This also comes with a lot of upkeep and maintenance as its zoned for 2+acres. Hunt Club is basically the same as Coleytown albeit 3 min closer to Rt 1, and the Hunt Club. You get the quietness and you're only 15 min to compo beach. Also, Christies and Wakeman town Farm are excellent. And you're pretty close to North St where the schools are.

All areas in Westport are nice aside from Hale St area and some streets in Saugatuck (Sunrise and streets near Gault).

Old 07-20-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
I live in Coleytown and its great if you like quietness and lots of space. This also comes with a lot of upkeep and maintenance as its zoned for 2+acres. Hunt Club is basically the same as Coleytown albeit 3 min closer to Rt 1, and the Hunt Club. You get the quietness and you're only 15 min to compo beach. Also, Christies and Wakeman town Farm are excellent. And you're pretty close to North St where the schools are.

All areas in Westport are nice aside from Hale St area and some streets in Saugatuck (Sunrise and streets near Gault).
Thank you. Very helpful.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:45 PM

30 posts, read 20,273 times
Weston schools are great. I am an educator that worked ina few districts in FFC and have not heard a bad thing.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula99 View Post
Weston schools are great. I am an educator that worked ina few districts in FFC and have not heard a bad thing.
What about Westport schools? I’ve heard great things too.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
What about Westport schools? I’ve heard great things too.
Both districts are widely known for being excellent.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Both districts are widely known for being excellent.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut