Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for in R Primary? Please only respond if you are a registered republican. Thanks
Boughton 9 33.33%
Herbst 4 14.81%
Obsitnik 9 33.33%
Stefanowski 1 3.70%
Stemerman 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 07:37 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I saw a political mailing for Markley today. It was a combo with Len Suzio and how Len is endorsing Markley for LT Governor. The ad seemed a little confusing to me, but perhaps they went dutch on the ad and saved the state some money.

Anyways one of the bullet points was something like "Joe and I [Len] have fought many battles in Hartford for the taxpayers including fighting against the bus way. Its amazing these guys are still bringing up the bus way. MAybe they are Chaz and AJ fans. They bring it up at least once a week.

If these guys wait long enough I'm sure another project will come along that they can fight against. CAn't wait to see what that might be.
Markley is the worse of this group. He is exactly what Kidyankee is referring to in his post above. Poorly educated and bending the facts to fit his agenda and pander to the uneducated voter. I can't believe this moron is the Republican Party recommended nominee for Lt. Governor. This is why the Republican Party is so small in our state and has been out of power for decades. Unless they realize the right wing policies you see in other parts of the country will just not fly here, they are doomed to fail yet again. I think Erin Stewart represents the future of the party and our state. She has my vote and I hope the majority of Republicans. Jay

Old 08-12-2018, 09:52 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Markley is the worse of this group. He is exactly what Kidyankee is referring to in his post above. Poorly educated and bending the facts to fit his agenda and pander to the uneducated voter. I can't believe this moron is the Republican Party recommended nominee for Lt. Governor. This is why the Republican Party is so small in our state and has been out of power for decades. Unless they realize the right wing policies you see in other parts of the country will just not fly here, they are doomed to fail yet again. I think Erin Stewart represents the future of the party and our state. She has my vote and I hope the majority of Republicans. Jay

I saw another political mailing for Markely. In this one he is criticizing Erin Stewart for being too liberal ? That's special. He's also still complaining about the busway. First writing it cost $600 million, but not writing that the Feds paid 80% of that cost.

Since he complains so much about the busway, does he want to shut it down ? Otherwise I don't understand what all the complaining is about.

There's also a line that says he (Markley) signed a pledge to never raise taxes ? I would assume that makes him a Grover Nordquiest follower.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:09 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
Primaries is Tuesday vote smart Connecticut

Old 08-13-2018, 07:24 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
First Primary ever voted in
Already know who I am voting for
David Stemerman
Jayme Stevenson
Ruby O'Neill
Art Linares
Mark Greenburg
Sue Hatfield
Dominic Rapini

Last edited by RunD1987; 08-13-2018 at 08:05 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I like Stewart, but I don't think she's run her campaign all that well. Switching from gov to lt gov was odd to say the least. I do think she is the future of the GOP in CT, but she's really young and will have plenty of time to grow and mature. I think I may go for Stevenson.

I agree on Markley, he's a boob.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:31 AM

898 posts, read 597,896 times
Almost time to hold my nose and head to the polls.... With the choices for Gov on the Dem side, I bet they get a low turnout.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:28 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
Almost time to hold my nose and head to the polls.... With the choices for Gov on the Dem side, I bet they get a low turnout.
I'm curious how that goes. No one is excited about Lamont and Ganim has shown he can get inner city voters to the polls. Seems like everyone is expecting Lamont but Ganim may surprise.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:46 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
I'm curious how that goes. No one is excited about Lamont and Ganim has shown he can get inner city voters to the polls. Seems like everyone is expecting Lamont but Ganim may surprise.
I agree. If Ganim can GOTV in the cities he has a shot at an upset.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:59 AM

830 posts, read 684,613 times
A Ganim win would definitely push independents to the right. It may be a blessing in disguise.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:11 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
I voted
Decent crowd of people at 10; counted 6 to 8 including me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut