Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for in R Primary? Please only respond if you are a registered republican. Thanks
Boughton 9 33.33%
Herbst 4 14.81%
Obsitnik 9 33.33%
Stefanowski 1 3.70%
Stemerman 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 08:47 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Stefanowski doesn't seem that far right to me?

He certainly wasn't my first choice, and has about the speaking abilities of Foley, which is concerning. But he is self-made, and has a lot of competent REAL business experience. Also seems willing to invest in infrastructure and education, which isn't exactly far right.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

He certainly wasn't my first choice, and has about the speaking abilities of Foley, which is concerning. But he is self-made, and has a lot of competent REAL business experience. Also seems willing to invest in infrastructure and education, which isn't exactly far right.
I just looked up some about him - he’s not at all far right. Lamont, however - yikes.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:

What about CT economy, taxes, improving our cities etc ?

Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Stefanowski is the guy hooked up with Arthur Laffer. That alone is a no vote. Surprised the R's in this state are not smart enough to look through that.

Here is an interesting story on Stefanowski that I haven't seen reported on much. Apparently he was a Democrat and didn't vote for 16 years.

"But a key element of Stefanowski’s transformation from a politically indifferent corporate executive who didn’t bother to vote for 16 years — he skipped the 2016 presidential election — remains a puzzle the candidate makes no effort to unlock: A nine-month fling as a Democrat that didn’t end until last summer."

Now that is rich.

https://ctmirror.org/2018/07/30/gop-...s-unexplained/

Old 08-15-2018, 08:54 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
His background seems way more humble- Fairfield U for undergrad, worked his way up gradually from Big 4 audit, some law experience, an MBA from Cornell, GE division chief, then private equity, UBS CFO, DFC CEO. Has a CPA, CFA, and CFE. This guy paid his dues to get to where he is. Ned Lamont is legacy Philips Exeter-Harvard-Yale, and his business claim to fame is starting a campus television company? Seems like the Democrat-Republican profiles are backwards here on these candidates.

Exactly.
Lamont = old money Greenwich blueblood, great grandson of founding member of JP Morgan, who inherited a fortune and is generations removed from regular folk. Typical Limousine Liberal.
Stafanowski =successful businessman who pulled himself up from his bootstraps. born in New Haven, grandson of immigrants. Father worked for SNET. Attended Connecticut public schools, graduated from Fairfield University and put himself through a master’s degree in finance at Cornell University. First generation of his family to attend college.

Don't get me wrong, I was definitely bummed last night that Boughton didn't win but will not doubt get behind Stefanowski 100%

Old 08-15-2018, 08:55 AM

830 posts, read 684,727 times
Quote:

Stefanowski was a Democrat until last summer. I don't like Lamont or Stefanowski, but if Stefanowski forms a plan to address infrastructure issues, I may vote for him. So far, I'm hearing lots of euphoric fluff.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Stefanowski is the guy hooked up with Arthur Laffer. That alone is a no vote. Surprised the R's in this state are not smart enough to look through that.

Here is an interesting story on Stefanowski that I haven't seen reported on much. Apparently he was a Democrat and didn't vote for 16 years.

"But a key element of Stefanowski’s transformation from a politically indifferent corporate executive who didn’t bother to vote for 16 years — he skipped the 2016 presidential election — remains a puzzle the candidate makes no effort to unlock: A nine-month fling as a Democrat that didn’t end until last summer."

Now that is rich.

https://ctmirror.org/2018/07/30/gop-...s-unexplained/
Some hay was made of this at one of the debates by Stemmerman. Which was ironic as he also used to be a Dem.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
Stefanowski was a Democrat until last summer. I don't like Lamont or Stefanowski, but if Stefanowski forms a plan to address infrastructure issues, I may vote for him. So far, I'm hearing lots of euphoric fluff.
He actually was a registered Republican for 26 years, and then in 2016 for some unknown reason, switched to Democrat. He remained a registered D for a total of 9 months during the late 2016-2017 time period, and then switched back to R last summer. Not sure what to make of that either....

Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM

830 posts, read 684,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
He actually was a registered Republican for 26 years, and then in 2016 for some unknown reason, switched to Democrat. He remained a registered D for a total of 9 months during the late 2016-2017 time period, and then switched back to R last summer. Not sure what to make of that either....
Thanks for clarifying. It looks like opposition to Trump at the time of the general election. I think many Reagan-esque Republicans were pulling their support for Trump the months before November.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
How would a former investment bank CFO (Stefanowski) relate to you more?
He couldn’t either. It’s funny no one from the Hartford area seems to win these things. Malloy from FFC and now both of these.

Not sure I like either. Boughton would have been my pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut