Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 4,074 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are moving to Connecticut next month, can someone suggest the good place for 2 bhk apartment, with good Indian community,elementary schools near Stamford, CT with budget of 2000-2300$.

Really appreciated your help.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 03:02 PM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
You could start to look in Stamford itself but Stamford can be very expensive. There are a lot of apartments there and some will likely be in your price range. They won't be the shiny new super expensive complexes but they like will be in one of the older buildings in and around the city. I believe from past posts here some of the buildings in or near Strawberry Hill have large Indian communities. You could start there.

The next town you may want to consider is Norwalk. Again it can be expensive but there should be more apartments in your price range. I should let you know that the schools in Stamford and Norwalk do not perform the best. This is because both of these towns are fairly large cities and they have very diverse populations. They both do offer good educational opportunities however their students do not necessarily all do well on standardized tests.

IF you want a town with well performing schools in your price range, you will have to go further away from Stamford. Consider Fairfield or Ridgefield. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions, Jay

Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 AM

610 posts, read 532,711 times
I agree with Jay about Stamford. The east side of town (Springdale, Glenbrook) would be a good choice as there are many apartments and condos for rent, and I think you could find something nice in your price range. The elementary schools are fine, my kids did very well there. There is also a large Indian community in the area. Welcome to Connecticut!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut