Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 12:54 PM

377 posts, read 241,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgal21 View Post
What town(s) would I find these houses that fit this scenario?

Windsor Locks , Enfield, almost anywhere but Thompsonville center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 01:27 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Massachusetts was a good suggestion. Southwick is a lovely, small town just north of the border and has the lakes and pretty good shopping - I recall a Big Y there and gas is cheaper in Mass.
I am not sure I agree with living over the border in Massachusetts. There is just no good reason to do that. There are no significant advantages to this and the OP would have to file an additional state income tax each year. Southwick is a nice town but it is kind of isolated from major cities and shopping and entertainment options. I think the OP would be better off living closer to their job or closer to amenities like shopping, entertainment and major highways. Jay

Old 08-17-2018, 01:30 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgal21 View Post
What town(s) would I find these houses that fit this scenario?
If I were you I would rent for a year before buying. It would give you time to get to know the area and figure where you like best. Plus you can then see if thisjob is right for you and if you will be there long term. Jay

Old 08-22-2018, 10:23 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
Windsor Locks , Enfield, almost anywhere but Thompsonville center.
Parts of East Hartford rural sections of Bloomfield.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:26 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,026 times
On Southwick, Suffied borders Southwick (West Suffield) so you can stay in that area near the lakes and still be in CT. Back 20 years ago you could rent the cottages near the lake cheap but most now are year round so I doubt that's still the case. Windsor Windsor Locks and Enfield are all good suggestions., East Windsor may work as well for rentals.

Old 09-02-2018, 06:46 AM

35 posts, read 21,514 times
I don't think it was mentioned. There is an apartment complex in East Granby. It is a town that borders Suffield. The complex is on Rte 20 so it is an easier commute to the highway. There are also a couple of apartment complexes in Simsbury. Not as easy a commute but they are near the town center. You can walk to bike trail, restaurants, library etc.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:03 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
Since you don't have kids to worry about, Enfield and Windsor are going to give you some good options and a relatively short commute. I know somebody that works in Windsor and commutes from Suffield and her drive is usually less than 20 minutes each way.
Just don’t get too far north in Enfield or you will have landing aircraft noise. I’d want to be south of 190 at the river.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:37 PM

37 posts, read 231,810 times
Does anyone know anything about the Suffield West apartments? Haven't been able to find out any real info online about them.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,433,028 times
What did you want to know about them? Suffield West apartments are right across from Sacred heart church off mountain Rd, which is the main road in Suffield. Super close to all of the schools and very centrally located. I've never heard anything bad about them. They are older buildings, been there since as long as I can remember. They have AC units because you can see them on the outside of the buildings. No garages or anything but a big parking lot. I know 10 or so years ago they used to have a waiting list of a year to rent one (likely because apartments in Suffield are hard to find, it's mostly a single family home kind of town).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut