Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM

154 posts, read 79,127 times

Advertisements

This state is turning into a complete joke. We building our future / hope off legalizing and taxing marijuana ? Kinda pathetic that it comes to this for survival. Legal weed is great for responsible consumers but this will not help with the out of control heroin and pill problem this state has. I think within 3 years Connecticut will have legal weed and sports betting. We are addicted to creating new revenues / taxes. The legislature needs to keep finding money to spend. No talk of any changes or cuts to the wasteful spending in this state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
This state is turning into a complete joke. We building our future / hope off legalizing and taxing marijuana ? Kinda pathetic that it comes to this for survival. Legal weed is great for responsible consumers but this will not help with the out of control heroin and pill problem this state has. I think within 3 years Connecticut will have legal weed and sports betting. We are addicted to creating new revenues / taxes. The legislature needs to keep finding money to spend. No talk of any changes or cuts to the wasteful spending in this state.
Why does recreational weed have to be related the opioid issue?

They are two totally different things

One could argue the tax income from weed could help keep opioid programs solvent

Old 11-20-2018, 03:20 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Why does recreational weed have to be related the opioid issue?

They are two totally different things

One could argue the tax income from weed could help keep opioid programs solvent
Like Oz Griebel pledged to utilize taxes from marijuana to fund mental health and addiction services in the State.

We really should put less people in jail for victimless crimes, adopt similar Oregon hard drug policies, and build a DOC Rehab facility in the State.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:04 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,510,412 times
My cousin who lives near Northampton heard almost all the customers were CT or NY residents. He claims since you can legally grow your own its practically free in the area. Street prices are like a fraction of what the dispensaries are charging. He also said its really easy to get your medical card as a resident an all purchaes are tax free.

He believes its totally setup to make a fortune in tax revenue from customers from outside states.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:59 AM

154 posts, read 79,127 times
If the US Govt was smart and cared about people they would try to get people onto weed instead of prescription pills. Marijuana is far less dangerous and healthier for people to consume. The big business of drug companies make too much money to every let that happen unfortunately. Weed should be legalized federally or else it will have be in the grey area. Gov't tries to do this half ass control of legal weed all just for taxes. They never talk about all the people addicted to pills. It is comical to see states push to legalize just to get another revenue / tax going.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,720,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I generally agree with this, however it needs to be strictly regulated. One issue I’ve found while visiting CO and even in DC is people smoke it right on the sidewalk in public, causing pedestrians to walk through the puffs of smoke. That should not happen.

Otherwise, I’m all for it.
Oh, definitely. I would never condone walking down the street, lighting up and puffing away in public. Totally agree it should be regulated, and considering that's what this state does best, assuming it's decriminalized, I'm sure they will find a way. I have faith!

Old 11-26-2018, 06:54 AM

201 posts, read 380,933 times
so do you need a medical card still or you can just go buy it without a card at this place?

Old 11-26-2018, 07:49 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I generally agree with this, however it needs to be strictly regulated. One issue I’ve found while visiting CO and even in DC is people smoke it right on the sidewalk in public, causing pedestrians to walk through the puffs of smoke. That should not happen.

Otherwise, I’m all for it.
Smoking in public is illegal in CO, but without strict enforcement, can be a by-product of legalized sales.

Impaired driving is impaired driving, regardless of the substance involved. Just because smoking weed makes one a more cautious driver, does not mean that it is a safer alternative to alcohol.

IIRC, CT already allows medical marijuana use, with a properly assigned card, as did MA prior to legalization. With the approval of recreational sales, it simply means one does not need a prescription card to purchase any longer.

Testing for impairment has advanced along with legalized sales. While there may be some disagreement about levels allowable for safe operation of a motor vehicle, testing can corroborate or disprove a claim of a contact high from being at a party a week ago, or inhaling a bowl yesterday.

Old 11-26-2018, 05:59 PM

464 posts, read 312,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post
so do you need a medical card still or you can just go buy it without a card at this place?
Anyone can buy, no medical card required, that’s the point of legalizing recreational pot

Old 11-27-2018, 03:12 PM

723 posts, read 1,004,678 times
Default CT Residents Buying Weed in Mass

Is it legal to do so? On the news they made it sound semi-legal up to an eighth of an ounce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut