Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 03:00 PM

143 posts, read 120,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

Well I am a fiscal moderate and socially liberal. I think that would be the winning ticket for CT Republicans.

In my mind fiscal conservatives want flat taxes and no minimum wage etc. I do agree in a moderate progressive tax system where if you make a lot more you pay a little more in taxes. IMO that tax scheme makes for a better society. Something tells me you don't want flat taxes but a "moderate" progressive tax system like me.
Yup yup. Our politics seem one and the same. I am I guess a fiscal moderate and a social liberal, but would happily vote republican if it didn’t seem like the ones that kept being put up were insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 03:37 PM

6,901 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetgirl2014 View Post
ITA. Especially if you could get a true fiscal conservative/socially liberal Republican- that would pull a lot of independents/moderates. I have never voted Republican, and not because I am a democrat, but because the republicans have become obsessed with social conservatism over fiscal stuff. If they could focus on what republicans say they care about- balancing budgets, and stay out of the social conservative aspect, they would do fantastic in FFC
They absolutely would. I would have to agree. Nowhere screams "fiscal conservative-social liberal" more than FFC. Maybe others see different but that's how I see it.

Old 01-13-2021, 03:41 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
They absolutely would. I would have to agree. Nowhere screams "fiscal conservative-social liberal" more than FFC. Maybe others see different but that's how I see it.
Perhaps, but I think with the huge influx of NY residents in the past decade, I think the old money, reserved and fiscal conservativism is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 PM

143 posts, read 120,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Perhaps, but I think with the huge influx of NY residents in the past decade, I think the old money, reserved and fiscal conservativism is quickly becoming a thing of the past.
I think most people with money are generally fiscally moderate at least. Very few people with money are truly financially ‘progressive’

Old 01-13-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I would think the old money fire and brimstone conservatism is a thing of the past in many states.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I would think the old money fire and brimstone conservatism is a thing of the past in many states.
It is. In other areas with super wealthy, like LA metro, Miami/Palm Beach metro, you see people driving exotic cars just to have them and show them. That hasn’t creeped into CT yet, but the days of the millionaire driving the old practical Volvo station wagon are over.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
It is. In other areas with super wealthy, like LA metro, Miami/Palm Beach metro, you see people driving exotic cars just to have them and show them. That hasn’t creeped into CT yet, but the days of the millionaire driving the old practical Volvo station wagon are over.
German and British imports are the go to standard on Stub roads. That's bipartisan too.
CT's Salt Belt membership keeps the Italian exotics in garages half the year, they're around though but not like out west, that's right.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:20 PM

11,297 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
German and British imports are the go to standard on Stub roads. That's bipartisan too.
CT's Salt Belt membership keeps the Italian exotics in garages half the year, they're around though but not like out west, that's right.

You beat me to it. It's the same reason you still see a lot of VW Bus and VW Beetles (the original) out in Cali too but not here.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:12 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Absent a total meltdown, Lamont is going to be tough to beat.
I think that’s true. I can’t think of any Republican that could beat him at this point. Jay

Old 01-13-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
You beat me to it. It's the same reason you still see a lot of VW Bus and VW Beetles (the original) out in Cali too but not here.
Maybe partially, but the materialism in LA (and Miami) is strikingly different than what you’d find in even the wealthiest suburbs of CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut