Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 02:48 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,231,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUHuskies01 View Post
Wait, so you will complain about taxes being to high, and then when the Democrats propose something that COULD potentially fix it a little bit, there is a problem that does not exist?

I hate this idea myself, but hey, they are addressing a problem.

I kinda of get the idea that schools with less then thirty kids in it, that is an issue. But what has not been put on here is how many communities this would effect, and how the 2000 number came to be.

I am part of the problem here, complaining about something without knowing 100% of the facts.

But you want it both ways here. Slam a political party for the sake of slamming it. Come with something else.
Here’s a link that contains embedded links to all the bills (the exact language) currently to be be considered/ voted on. Including the one (I think SB 454 that wants to target every town with less than 40,000 residents - this one is DOA). But the fact that it’s even being proposed? Sick and part of much larger agenda... Like they all are. This one just happens to be more obvious and transparent

https://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archive...dFrvtG5iGgWL94
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 02:56 PM

184 posts, read 106,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post
Here’s a link that contains embedded links to all the bills (the exact language) currently to be be considered/ voted on. Including the one (I think SB 454 that wants to target every town with less than 40,000 residents - this one is DOA). But the fact that it’s even being proposed? Sick and part of much larger agenda... Like they all are. This one just happens to be more obvious and transparent

Thanks for posting the link.

Not sure what is sick about this though. And part of a larger agenda. And I am happy its transparent, because how that is how the govt should be. Does not seem like anyone is hiding anything here but looking for ways to cut costs, which is what the majority of people in this state want to happen, until of course it effects them.

But please, chances are your response to the above is a rabbit hole I have zero interest in going down, unless you can come back with something more then Democrats = evil, no need to take this any further.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:58 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Wait, so you will complain about taxes being to high, and then when the Democrats propose something that COULD potentially fix it a little bit, there is a problem that does not exist?

I kinda of get the idea that schools with less then thirty kids in it, that is an issue. But what has not been put on here is how many communities this would effect, and how the 2000 number came to be.

I am part of the problem here, complaining about something without knowing 100% of the facts.

But you want it both ways here. Slam a political party for the sake of slamming it. Come with something else.
If you think this proposal would cause taxes in suburban communities to lower, you are so wrong.

There is a savings when small community pairs with small community willingly, but if a community like Weston were required to consolidate with Norwalk, you’d see the wealthy paying more. Property values would go down, and if you don’t think a city with poverty would take as much advantage as possible of a community like Weston, you should pay more attention to the Democratic agenda.

Trust me - the Democrats do not have property tax relief on their mind. Full stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalally View Post

Exactly.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:13 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 PM

377 posts, read 241,149 times
Quote:

I am on the record many times saying what a great value that it is to live in North Central CT. My issues are not to “ slam” any particular party, I just look for a preponderance of evidence when it comes to my decisions. I will be first in line to criticize any politician , from whatever party. In this case my opinion is that there are bigger fish to fry, and high taxes or not, I would prefer to preserve as much of the integrity of what makes this state what it is.

As I have mentioned on other threads , I don’t see a lot of the issues addressed as problems by Democrats to actually be problems. Issues that need discussion yes, but problems ? We have bigger fish to fry, or we should be frying them. My opinion, and I think I know enough facts of the matter is that we really don’t need to be messing around that much with the education system in this state. I think they all are doing a pretty good job.
Sure there are things to address, this is not one of them.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:

According to the article published this weekend, the 2,000 or less number would affect 50% of the state’s school districts. That’s tremendous.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:05 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
I am normally pretty critical of the Republicans but I will say I agree with House Minority Leader Themis Klarides in her opposition to this and the tax on groceries. I plan on letting my legislators know my opposition to these. I encourage others to do the same. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2019/01/29/hous...tax-proposals/

Old 01-30-2019, 09:27 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I am normally pretty critical of the Republicans but I will say I agree with House Minority Leader Themis Klarides in her opposition to this and the tax on groceries. I plan on letting my legislators know my opposition to these. I encourage others to do the same. Jay

Good suggestion. We can all complain forever on a forum but getting involved is really what will change things.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

I did too.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:01 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,688,340 times
Personally I do not want to see this happen ... Just saying ... My daughter's schools here in Seymour are academically and fiscally doing doing just fine .. There would be no benefit to it .. Plus even if our town is under the 40k population, our student enrollment I believe is over 2,300 so no need for regional district...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut