Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 10:15 AM

5 posts, read 2,263 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Greetings!!

I am relocating to Wilton, Connecticut on January second week. I am looking for 2 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in our Indian community with Elementary Schools near by. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Preferences:
1)Good Indian community
2)School zone
3)Within 10-13 Miles radius from Wilton (Zip code:06897)
4)Apartment rent range: $2000 Max.

Regards,
Samy-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 10:48 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
How important good schools to you? If so your budget would be low. Unfortunately this is one of the priciest areas of the country so you don’t get much for your money in towns with top schools. Also I am not sure there are large Indian communities in those towns. There are some but they’re not large.

To stay within or close to your budget you will either have to live in a town with poorer performing schools (maybe Stamford, maybe Norwalk, Danbury, Bridgeport) or towns with less Indian families (Bethel). You could also commute further (Newtown,) or increase your budget (Fairfield, Trumbull, Wilton, Ridgefield). Good luck, Jay

Old 12-19-2019, 02:01 PM

Thanks for your prompt response. School rating min 7/10 should be OK for me.

Old 12-19-2019, 02:29 PM

6,921 posts, read 3,757,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy TK View Post
Also are these cities (Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury, Bridgeport) are safe to live. I could see in google that, some of the areas has more crime rates. For example, I found in google for Norwalk city as mentioned below:

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Norwalk is 1 in 51. Based on FBI crime data, Norwalk is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Connecticut, Norwalk has a crime rate that is higher than 83% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."
Yes, generally cities in United States have more crime than smaller towns, its not just CT.
Bridgeprt is the least safe.
Stamford and Norwalk are both very safe, though my wife would tell you otherwise about Stamford, and both are far safer than cities in India. You should be fine for your HB1 stay.

Bridgeport and Danbury are more affordable however.

Here are the Stamford and Bridgeport write-ups.

The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Stamford is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Stamford is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Connecticut, Stamford has a crime rate that is higher than 78% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Bridgeport is 1 in 31. Based on FBI crime data, Bridgeport is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Connecticut, Bridgeport has a crime rate that is higher than 96% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

Old 12-19-2019, 06:56 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Thanks for your prompt response. School rating min 7/10 should be OK for me.
Well that would eliminate Stamford, Norwalk, Bridgeport and Danbury. Surprisingly there are a couple in Ridgefield in your price range. I’d check Bethel and Fairfield. There are several that could work. Jay

Old 12-19-2019, 07:09 PM

417 posts, read 601,287 times
Try Fairfield and Trumbull. Trumbull might be pushing your commute preferences, but it’s also your best bet.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:17 PM

4,460 posts, read 3,354,951 times
Quote:
Hello,

Greetings!!

I am relocating to Wilton, Connecticut on January second week. I am looking for 2 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in our Indian community with Elementary Schools near by. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Preferences:
1)Good Indian community
2)School zone
3)Within 10-13 Miles radius from Wilton (Zip code:06897)
4)Apartment rent range: $2000 Max.

Regards,
Samy-
Where in Wilton is your job? Is it in the southern, middle or northern part? What major road is it on?

My gut instinct tells me Bethel will be a good town for you. If your job in in the southern portion of Wilton then Fairfield and Trumbull will have the better schools but you might have to up your budget a little to get into a 2 bedroom apartment.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:44 AM

Thanks for your response. I will be in Southern part of Wilton.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:45 AM

Thanks for your response. I will take a look on the areas which you have mentioned.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:37 AM

Thanks a lot for your support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut