Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:36 AM

8 posts, read 7,523 times

Advertisements

Yea it looks like WPXN, Ion NY is on channel 34 (virtual 31.1) being broadcast from one world trade center at 127kw, that could be it or maybe not. I need to move anyways, my next place i will bring a laptop, usb tv tuner and an antenna with coaxial cable to see what stations come in before i commit to buy. I am also going to put up sheets of tin foil to try to block NY stations to see if that fixes the problem when i get home. Thanks again for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 02:10 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,560,508 times
I came to realize that WUVN-TV (UNI) channel 18 of Hartford transmits from the east side of Glastonbury (off of CT Route 94 - Hebron Avenue). I thought they had come off of Avon Mountain. Then again, I haven't been able to tinker around with my own TV and indoor antenna in over a year now.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:57 AM

205 posts, read 162,346 times
I can't get WUVN from Southington or from Windsor. However, I've noticed that for the past week, my reception capability of WTNH and WCTX has been reduced immensely. Not sure if it's a change with the antenna, or the fact that I took the air conditioners out of the windows where they are located. It's not time of day or weather related, as I've tried it at various times and on non-windy days.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:44 PM

See if your reception changes once this storm takes many more leaves off of the trees tonight and Thursday. All I do know is that WTNH-TV (ABC) channel 8 transmits from Madmere Mountain in Hamden. WCTX-TV (MY) channel 59 is actually a subchannel of channel 8.

Old 10-26-2019, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 672 times
Ive been experiencing similar issues. Since the repack I’ve noticed more channels, but a decrease in signal strength. This is noticed for CBS and especially Fox. Last year when I first used an antenna I had no issues whatsoever. Antenna placement was first floor and not near a window. Now I have it up on the second floor and in a window and can’t get a good signal no matter where I point it.

I live in Portland and assume most of my signals are coming from Avon area. Signal strength for these two channels range in the 30-50%, with frequent audio and visual distributions. Can’t figure it out. Maybe I am just in a dead zone now with how the channels were repacked.

Old 10-26-2019, 05:41 PM

I was told that channel 18 (Univision) actually transmits from the east side of Glastonbury. I think only channel 3 (CBS) is on Avon Mountain these days. Channels 20 (CW), 24 (PBS), 26 (ION), 30 (NBC) and 61 (FOX) all are on Rattlesnake Mountain in Farmington. Channel 8 (ABC) and 59 (MY) are on Madmere Mountain in Hamden.

[Please note that channel 59 is actually a subchannel of channel 8. Your TV would show 8-3 as 59-1, however.]

Old 10-30-2019, 02:08 PM

8 posts, read 7,523 times
Here are two images, one is a topography map of ct and the other is a tv fool for fox to branford, effective erp for fox is 43.9kw by the time it gets to me which is too low i think.
Attached Thumbnails
FOX 61 reception problems-tvfool.png   FOX 61 reception problems-topography_01.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut