Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:02 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,065,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Air conditioning costs will be double compared to here.
The usage might be double, but the cost is not likely to be. CT electricity rates are very high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 02:27 AM

14 posts, read 49,194 times
This will be a moot point by now. Hope you did the right thing for you.

If I had looked at this forum in March, I would have said:

Do listen to the CPA. He looks at people's financial positions for a living. And Google around about "Connecticut economy". In the U Conn economic quarterly (available online), you will find the jobs breakdown. Increases in food service jobs. Decreases in professional jobs. Nets out to job growth, YAY! This will be interpreted as 'CT's economy is growing!'.
Then check out the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Net Internal Migration by County for CT. OOPs. Despite the influx of illegal aliens, the state is hemorrhaging people. Guess who's leaving?
That being said, Pratt is a good company and they do have a good professional mobility system. OTOH, they are heavily dependent on DOD contracts. I have not researched the company in a long time and don't know their balance sheet, cash flow and reserves. If I were you, I'd take a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut