Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:01 PM

578 posts, read 2,098,631 times

Advertisements

Danbury should not get NESN....that town borders NY.
Folks CT is not only in NE but also the NYC tri state region...Theo and Larry need to understand it is not divine RSN like the other NE states.:ma d:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 549 times
I am sorry but even though I live in CONNECTICUT (Fairfield County) I would like to watch LOCAL CT weather not NY!
NY is not my Local Area! I DO NOT LIVE IN NY I LIVE IN CT! But that is another pet peeve!
I want to be able to watch NESN is there ANYWAY that I can subscribe or pay an extra fee in order to watch live RedSox or Bruins games??

Last edited by mamadew; 02-18-2020 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: not finished

Old 02-18-2020, 11:13 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
If you have Frontier, NESN is on 712/1712 in Fairfield County.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:25 PM

6,908 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadew View Post
I am sorry but even though I live in CONNECTICUT (Fairfield County) I would like to watch LOCAL CT weather not NY!
NY is not my Local Area! I DO NOT LIVE IN NY I LIVE IN CT! But that is another pet peeve!
I want to be able to watch NESN is there ANYWAY that I can subscribe or pay an extra fee in order to watch live RedSox or Bruins games??
Channel 12 on Optimum Altice.
"As Local as Local gets"

Old 02-18-2020, 04:29 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
Per the FCC All of Ct is within NESN broadcasting territory. It is called New England Sports Network and Ct is part of New England.

Old 02-18-2020, 04:51 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
I believe the Yankees and Mets claim Fairfield County for their territory. Not 100% sure what the rules are with the NBA and NHL.

The poster from Danbury makes a valid point...but it is in Farfield County. Meanwhile, a friend of mine lives in Stratford and says he doesn't even get channel 8 (ABC) or 59 (MY) from New Haven. He's no more than a mile (straight line) from the Housatonic River.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:33 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
This thread is almost 12 years old. That said, if you want Connecticut weather, watch Connecticut stations. They cover most if not all of the state.

Cable companies negotiate with television stations and sports networks to broadcast them. Some carry all of them, some do not. You do not say where you live or who your cable company is so it’s hard comment further. If you do not like the service your cable provider has, there are alternatives. You can also file complaints with the station and the state to try to get them to provide the services you want. Of course the cable companies need a lot of complaints before they change things. God luck, Jay

Last edited by JayCT; 02-18-2020 at 10:13 PM..

Old 02-18-2020, 09:47 PM

205 posts, read 162,483 times
Here is the breakdown of which teams claim which territories:

MLB: Yankees and Mets claim all of CT. Red Sox claim all of CT except Fairfield County. The NESN that would be available in FFC would be NESN National, which airs most programming, but blacks out Red Sox (and Bruins) games.

NBA: This is more broken down by ZIP code than by county. The Celtics generally claim ZIP's beginning with 060-063. The Knicks and Nets claim 064-069. However, the hard dividing line is relaxed a little bit when it comes to cable. Cox's Meriden franchise carries NBC Sports Boston and does not black out Celtics games, and their Manchester and Enfield franchises allow Nets games on YES. And the areas along the Hartford/New Haven/Middlesex county line areas are strange when you use the NBA League Pass blackout tool lookup. Some towns indicate that League Pass would black out the Celtics and one NY team, but not the other NY team. Since MSG Network is not carried on many cable systems north of New Haven, there are some areas where Knicks fans are totally shut out because the League Pass (and NBA Network games) are blacked out as well because they are deemed in-market. Some cable systems have been allowed to relax the rules on NBA TV if they don't carry MSG.

NHL: The league has a 75 mile rule where a team's exclusive territory is anywhere within 75 miles of the arena. However, teams can claim areas outside the 75 mile radius. The Bruins territory mirrors that of the Red Sox: all of CT except FFC. The Rangers, Islanders, and Devils all claim FFC, but only the Rangers claim areas beyond that. The Rangers claim all of CT except Windham County, because it is within 75 miles of TD Garden (plus the fact that they have their AHL affiliate in Hartford). However, the lack of MSG limits their exposure north of New Haven unless people have Frontier, DirecTV, or Fubo.

Old 02-19-2020, 06:21 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,561,204 times
I wonder what territory the NHL Whalers would've claimed back in the day? Would they have claimed Springfield, MA?

Old 02-19-2020, 12:15 PM

6,908 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
You can watch the soon to be exposed as cheaters Red Sox on NESN on Direct TV in Fairfield County or you can purchase the MLB Package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut