Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 05:36 AM

13 posts, read 12,571 times

Advertisements

Anyone know whether the new structure going up next to Fairfield Metro is intended to be a parking garage for commuters? The lot on the other side is usually full but usually not at capacity. Just wondering what the purpose of the new garage might be if not for commuters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 08:21 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehousing View Post
Anyone know whether the new structure going up next to Fairfield Metro is intended to be a parking garage for commuters? The lot on the other side is usually full but usually not at capacity. Just wondering what the purpose of the new garage might be if not for commuters.
No, it is not a parking garage for commuters. I believe what you are talked about is a new apartment building that was approved last year. Sorry. It is good to hear that the main parking lot is so well used now. Jay

Old 07-31-2019, 08:42 AM

Ah interesting. Prefab construction and lack of windows on many walls really gave it the look of a parking garage. Thanks for the info.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:10 PM

6,904 posts, read 3,742,467 times
ehousing, I just noticed this structure for the first time while in the area this past weekend. Hadn't been around there in quite a while.
I couldn't make heads or tails of it either. Awfully small windows for an aptartment complex.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:13 PM

21,752 posts, read 28,077,952 times
The main lot is never close to full.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:19 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
It should be a parking garage, but the NIMBYs would never allow it. Right Jay? 😬

Old 08-06-2019, 06:57 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It should be a parking garage, but the NIMBYs would never allow it. Right Jay? 😬
I don’t believe there are many NIMBY’s in that area. It’s mostly commercial and industrial that is being converted to residential because of the station.

I do remember during the Fairfield Metro Center hearings though that Cindy Bigelow of Bigelow Tea came out questioning the project. I thought that it was very odd because Bigelow Tea’s headquarters is immediately adjacent to the station. You would think she would be wholeheartedly for it because it would make their property more valuable. She kept saying “We just have to be careful, very careful”. Huh? It’s a commercial project with a train station on the busiest rail line in the country being proposed on abandoned industrial zoned property. Kind of a no brainer to me. Jay

Old 08-06-2019, 09:05 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I don’t believe there are many NIMBY’s in that area. It’s mostly commercial and industrial that is being converted to residential because of the station.

I do remember during the Fairfield Metro Center hearings though that Cindy Bigelow of Bigelow Tea came out questioning the project. I thought that it was very odd because Bigelow Tea’s headquarters is immediately adjacent to the station. You would think she would be wholeheartedly for it because it would make their property more valuable. She kept saying “We just have to be careful, very careful”. Huh? It’s a commercial project with a train station on the busiest rail line in the country being proposed on abandoned industrial zoned property. Kind of a no brainer to me. Jay
Abandoned industrial? What plant was there? Curious.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Speaking of abandoned lots, anyone know what used to be here?

It's an old parking lot, but I haven't been able to figure out what purpose it used to serve.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:15 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehousing View Post
Speaking of abandoned lots, anyone know what used to be here?

It's an old parking lot, but I haven't been able to figure out what purpose it used to serve.
Guessing that is about where Handy & Harman was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut