Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 02:21 PM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times

Advertisements

17 Hours of sun past 2 days. I'll take it! Clouds moved in after 1:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstodur View Post
Powerful, stacked low will begin to retrograde back into the Northeast today into tomorrow, bringing strong winds and a decent rain. It has beautiful satellite presentation
Yup. Feels like a NorEaster but winds are from the north. Was a beautiful morning today!

Old 04-02-2020, 02:25 PM

833 posts, read 499,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Tropical storm researchers predict 4 major east coast hurricanes as part of worse-than-usual 2020 hurricane season

https://www.masslive.com/weather/202...ne-season.html

Clickbait title and clickbait article - the media always manages to completely change the narrative. What a shame

Here's the real forecast, saying 4 major hurricanes in the Atlantic basin. 45% chance that at least one of those hits the US East Coast, 69% chance for the entire US coastline. And that's only on page 2 of the document. Either a completely incompetent reporter or media sensationalism, once again

https://tropical.colostate.edu/media...04/2020-04.pdf

Old 04-02-2020, 07:56 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,143,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Gross there. More miserable than March here. You could of picked sunny North Carolina and I would of appreciated it more. Florida is pure misery for me.
I used to go to FL in July for a few weeks every summer growing up. I remember coming back here and feeling more miserable during an August heatwave. My grandparents had central air, a pool, and lived right on the beach. We had none of the above. Heat is easy to accommodate for. So is cold for that matter, though I'd say to a lesser degree because it really keeps you indoors. But clouds are impossible to fix in any way. I saw somewhere that CT is the 10th cloudiest state in the US. I'd argue that has a lot to do with the low morale this state suffers from but it's the one thing we never talk about.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:36 PM

978 posts, read 597,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
I used to go to FL in July for a few weeks every summer growing up. I remember coming back here and feeling more miserable during an August heatwave. My grandparents had central air, a pool, and lived right on the beach. We had none of the above. Heat is easy to accommodate for. So is cold for that matter, though I'd say to a lesser degree because it really keeps you indoors. But clouds are impossible to fix in any way. I saw somewhere that CT is the 10th cloudiest state in the US. I'd argue that has a lot to do with the low morale this state suffers from but it's the one thing we never talk about.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UC9-2XzLy...ess_Annual.jpg

New England, the Midwest, and the Pacific Northwest are relatively cloudy. I was suprised FL is that sunny but it makes sense because (even here) when it's warmer precip falls at a faster rate for a shorter time (thunderstorms).

I lived in NH some and, as you'd guess from the map, it's even "worse" up there. Luckily I'm not that affected by it. I, in fact, like the soft light and find the sun annoying sometimes

Old 04-03-2020, 05:47 AM

See it? The storm off the coast is moving WEST. (It happens, relax everyone. lol)

Whipping rain bands off the Atlantic into New England. Looks like a heavy batch entering Tolland, Hartford and Windham Counties next hour or so

Not below freezing at 5000' except parts of NY state so its not even snowing at that level. Above 7000' yes

Temps in the 40s across CT.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:58 AM

Monday 23rd: Rained, cloudy all day
Tuesday: Sunny
Wednesday: Rained, cloudy all day
Thursday: Sunny
Friday: Sunny
Saturday: Rain, cloudy all day
Sunday: Rain, cloudy all day
Monday: Cloudy all day
Tues: Cloudy all
Wed: Sunny all day
Thurs: Sun then Cloudy
Today: Overcast mornng

4.5 days of sun in last 12 days

Old 04-03-2020, 08:18 AM

11,292 posts, read 18,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post

New England, the Midwest, and the Pacific Northwest are relatively cloudy. I was suprised FL is that sunny but it makes sense because (even here) when it's warmer precip falls at a faster rate for a shorter time (thunderstorms).

I lived in NH some and, as you'd guess from the map, it's even "worse" up there. Luckily I'm not that affected by it. I, in fact, like the soft light and find the sun annoying sometimes

Yes, northern New England is much cloudier than southern New England.

Also, upstate NY (well past NYC) and western PA are also amongst the cloudiest parts of the US.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:12 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,143,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post

Yeah that's totally how Florida rain is. They get a huge amount measured by inches but it's a lot of torrential downpours during late afternoon thunderstorms. I think they get far fewer gray, washout days than we do.

That map is interesting. Especially how it shows that Eastern Mass and Jersey are pretty sunny for the northeast.

Old 04-04-2020, 12:40 PM

Old 04-04-2020, 04:52 PM

81 posts, read 57,257 times
Parks were insane packed. Poor job by town officials they all need to be closeed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut