Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 876 times

Advertisements

Our family is planing to move to Westport from Brooklyn NY within a year. We have to commute to NYC GCT at 8 am three days per week and one of the major issues we have is train station parking availability. I am already aware of the long wait for station parking lot sticker. Question: are there any private parking options available near the main station which are opened later then 7 pm? And whats the costs of daily parking on those lots? TYA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 08:57 AM

781 posts, read 812,748 times
You can find parking at the station for $5/day.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:27 AM

11 posts, read 10,292 times
Default WESTPORT Train station parking

Hi,

We just moved to Westport from Manhattan in August and my husband and I both commute to GCT a few days a week. We commute from the other Westport Station (Greens Farms). Daily parking is available (at least until the 7:13 a.m. train) for $5 per day. Easy to pay via an app. I've heard that later in the day, daily parking can be a challenge, but the Westport daily lot is larger so may be less of an issue. I assume the cost is similar?

Also, depending where you live, there's a great shuttle service ($1.75) that takes you right to the train (both stations for most of the prime rush hour trains). It's the Norwalk Transit Shuttle. It picks up anywhere along the route and you can pay on the shuttle with cash/change or buy tokens or a monthly pass.

Hope this helps. The commute is long, but hasn't been as bad as I expected (yet....).

Valerie

Old 10-16-2019, 11:09 AM

214 posts, read 144,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie10019 View Post
Hi,

We just moved to Westport from Manhattan in August and my husband and I both commute to GCT a few days a week. We commute from the other Westport Station (Greens Farms). Daily parking is available (at least until the 7:13 a.m. train) for $5 per day. Easy to pay via an app. I've heard that later in the day, daily parking can be a challenge, but the Westport daily lot is larger so may be less of an issue. I assume the cost is similar?

Also, depending where you live, there's a great shuttle service ($1.75) that takes you right to the train (both stations for most of the prime rush hour trains). It's the Norwalk Transit Shuttle. It picks up anywhere along the route and you can pay on the shuttle with cash/change or buy tokens or a monthly pass.

Hope this helps. The commute is long, but hasn't been as bad as I expected (yet....).

Valerie
That Norwalk Transit Shuttle is a hidden gem! Works very well, drivers are polite, and like you say will pick up and drop off anywhere along the route, not just at its standard stops.

Another thing to keep in mind when using the daily parking in westport, keep in mind it might take a few minutes to go from where your parked to your car. (coming from someone who has had to sprint multiple times to catch my train)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut