Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:54 AM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan301 View Post
Obviously this thread is years old but I'm just looking for an update.

I'm relocating to Connecticut and Beacon Mill Village is fairly close to my new job, the rental rates are in my price range and the units look interesting - not the basic cookie cutter apartment complex. The reviews on apartmentratings.com are very mixed, some very good and some pretty bad.

Does anybody have some insight on it's current condition?

Thanks.
One thing to remember is that most people who bother to post on those apartment websites usually have an ax to grind with the management. They are not necessarily unbiased so take what some of them say with a grain of salt. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 11:05 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,067 times
They are still in good shape. In the last few years, the sidewalk along Main St. (which the building sits on) has been finished and it looks great.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,214 times
Default Beacon Mill Village

I'm relocating to Connecticut and Beacon Mill Village is fairly close to my new job, the rental rates are in my price range and the units look interesting - not the basic cookie cutter apartment complex. The reviews on apartmentratings.com are very mixed, some very good and some pretty bad.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 AM

34,925 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan301 View Post

Thanks.
See AMSS's response above. Jay

Old 10-22-2014, 07:08 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,623,067 times
And I forgot to add (if it hasn't been said), the train station is a five minute walk.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:46 AM

281 posts, read 345,214 times
Do you like dogs? Cause there are a lot of dogs there. Kinda like a dog kennel that sub-lets to humans.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:21 PM

131 posts, read 139,336 times
I live in BF. Crime? Not much to speak about. Sometimes some jerk kid steals a bicycle or something. Next to no B&E's to speak of. The Mill is nice inside... has a nice Japanese garden and pool outside. A little pricey by local standards. I rent a whole house for $1000 a month. If you're a fitness freak....you'll absolutely love BF. For 5500 people I gotta laugh at how many parks, ball fields, tennis courts, hiking trails...etc are here. Kinda ridiculous actually and they're just building a new park down by the river. 20 minutes down to NH for "culture" although NH has been lacking in that lately. 25 minutes down RT 8 to BGPT. 8 minutes to Waterbury....20 minutes to Danbury. The funny thing about BF is that NO ONE gets off the RT exit here, unless they live in BF or Woodbridge. If it was not for the craptastical tax structure in this State as well as zoning I would stick around here in CT, but I'm moving out of State. Working for someone is not bad if ya got a good job, running a bizz in CT is an exercise in self flagellation. If you LIKE small town feeling with convenience, you'll love BF. I have customers who take the train up from NY to do business with me. They can't believe the small town feeling when they get here... like Mayberry RFD. Again, if you like quiet with a LOT of hiking / nature trails at your doorstep (I literally have a waterfall 30 feet from my bedroom window) you'll like BF. The market is opening back up in town, Charlie ran it for 20+ years and he made a mint off of it. Then some out of towners tried to run it last year and failed miserably...no fault of the town, they just tried to play to a different audience that lives here. Hopefully the new business people will do well because it's nice to be able to walk a few blocks and grab groceries...as well as hit the local watering holes. Lotsa good fishing holes up in the woods too native brown trout are yummy.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:26 PM

131 posts, read 139,336 times
Well, the State tried to cull the deer pop a few years back......and they brought in some coyote's. Then the coyote's kinda over ran the place and they brought in fisher cats.....and....ummmm, so now there's a lot of coyote skulls and vertebre's sitting in the woods on the trails.....the problem is now if you have a small dog or a cat... you gotta watch they don't wander off too far into the woods... 'cause they'll be a meal in no time. Lotsa crittiers in Naugatuck State forest.. a few black bears and the mountain lion has made a reappearance too. I just about trip over the wild turkeys a few times a week in my back yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut