Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2021, 10:03 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,805,758 times

Advertisements

[quote=SteveM85;60967374]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

There's no ninjas, I'll give you that. Rates are up but still low. Cash buyers and boomer downsizers have always been there and they'll be fine. They always are, in any era. No changes there. It's the middle class 20% or less downpayment personnel buying at the top of markets locked into new loans that you need to keep an eye on. We'll see. Historys not on their side.
Now there might be some markets that have prices drop but that could be due to a number of factors. The gulf coast is largely dependent say on tourism, seafood and the energy industry. If some new say sea mold kills millions of shrimp and shrimpers go out of business and the housing market dumped I don't think that's on national trends. Same if there's some hurricane or some poor sob doesn't heat their home enough in the winter and pipes burst. There's always going to be housing demand.

I don't think we're at the top of the market or at least all markets. Flippers are out in full force and it isn't a bad thing. Depressed markets that are coming back can help increase values and put more money into home owners renting out space or downsizing to a smaller one. Buying a home shouldn't be like watching a movie on netflix. You want to shop around and getting something good I'd argue is based on a decent real estate agent and timing.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:27 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,182,702 times
[quote=mdovell;60968318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post

Now there might be some markets that have prices drop but that could be due to a number of factors. The gulf coast is largely dependent say on tourism, seafood and the energy industry. If some new say sea mold kills millions of shrimp and shrimpers go out of business and the housing market dumped I don't think that's on national trends. Same if there's some hurricane or some poor sob doesn't heat their home enough in the winter and pipes burst. There's always going to be housing demand.

I don't think we're at the top of the market or at least all markets. Flippers are out in full force and it isn't a bad thing. Depressed markets that are coming back can help increase values and put more money into home owners renting out space or downsizing to a smaller one. Buying a home shouldn't be like watching a movie on netflix. You want to shop around and getting something good I'd argue is based on a decent real estate agent and timing.
Don't fight the trend.
If you live in an area that hasn't appreciated since CV your life probably is in danger!
And that's putting it lightly....even low income areas are on fire. Many by a larger percentage.

Bubbles don't pop this quick. Plus the reality is the rational type of things that juice an economy are really only beginning.
To take it next level we need everyone in the game.
This means eliminate the Fed UI bennies. It's just keeping people on the sidelines who are desperately needed for jobs.
This run up has a way to go. It might slow down...but not over yet.

Old 05-08-2021, 10:56 AM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times
I'm considering selling my 1BR Milford Condo in the Fall. I sold 3 properties in 2006-07 before the fallout because I didn't like what I was seeing.. I think I want to unload Milford soon and not wait for the trend to stop or slow. It's not that I don't like what I'm seeing now, I love it, it's different, but I might as well take advantage of it. It's either sell this year or 2022 or hold until 2030s. I don't know, we'll see.

[ I'm in the contemplating stage now ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
These trends don't just come to a halt unless something drastic happens like the financial collapse of 2007. Not happening this time.

IMO what will happen is, demand will continue all this year with low inventory. Home values will continue to increase. Interest rates will slowly go up. People contemplating selling to cash in on the boom...Next Winter more will come on market as demand slows due to rising rates. Watch inflation with all this stimulus going on. They will need to raise rates to control inflation. Spring 2022 inventory will be more than demand. Fall 2022 people will realize their missing out on selling and inventory continues to increase all while buyers realize prices are getting out of hand. Increased too much. 2023 we start leveling off and back to normalcy.

I don't see a balloon "popping" or a "bust" but I do see buying slowing down in 2023.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:56 AM

21,718 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Quote:
I'm considering selling my 1BR Milford Condo in the Fall. I sold 3 properties in 2006-07 before the fallout because I didn't like what I was seeing.. I think I want to unload Milford soon and not wait for the trend to stop or slow. It's not that I don't like what I'm seeing now, I love it, it's different, but I might as well take advantage of it. It's either sell this year or 2022 or hold until 2030s. I don't know, we'll see.

Things may have cooled off by fall. The big question is, sustainable plateau or drop?

Old 05-10-2021, 04:24 AM

161 posts, read 128,781 times
There are now more houses listed in Greenwich and Darien than I’ve seen in a few months. It’s hard to believe the market could unwind so quickly, though.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:00 AM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
as long as a sheet of plywood costs $50+ there won't be any decline in home prices.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:47 AM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsek View Post
There are now more houses listed in Greenwich and Darien than I’ve seen in a few months. It’s hard to believe the market could unwind so quickly, though.
Remember that this is the peak selling season as people prepare to move over the summer so of course there’s more listings. In theory though, there are more buyers too. It’s just the natural cycle of the market. We will see if the strong numbers can be sustained. My real estate contacts indicate it can be and is. Homes are still flying off the market as fast as they are listed. Jay

Old 05-10-2021, 08:16 AM

6,870 posts, read 3,722,617 times
Quote:

Sell, Sell, Sell. NOW! Today.
If you have a nice chunk leftover after fees and cap gains, buy it back in the next 2008 (even if it's not as bad as 08)

Old 05-10-2021, 04:25 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Sell, Sell, Sell. NOW! Today.
If you have a nice chunk leftover after fees and cap gains, buy it back in the next 2008 (even if it's not as bad as 08)
And live where while they wait for that to happen? Jay

Old 05-10-2021, 05:03 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
And live where while they wait for that to happen? Jay
I think Cambium’s condo is for investment purposes, if I remember correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut