Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 07:04 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Not sure what you mean by not an apples to apples comparison.

Realtor only has median list price in Milford at +6% YOY, Zillow at +11%, +21% on BestPlaces and WilliamPitt at +21%. Interestingly, if you combine all those sources, it shows Milford to have an average of +14% YOY - exactly what Redfin had listed.

Anyway, the point was that CT appears to have, overall, one of the lowest YOY appreciation rates from 2021 to 2022. That’s not necessarily a bad thing when sh*t hits the fan, which it very well could.
Remember, no predatory Countrywide ninjas this time around. People are on more solid footing, especially in CT, especially the loaded ones in FCounty and Milford and Madison. Everyone knows FL and AZ growth make sense. AZ is off the charts unreal growth. Mobs of Venice and West Hollywood Instagrammers are driving AZ growth through the roof from CA. FL is growing every which way but loose. Homes, humans, pythons, iguanas, bugs, you name it, it's growing in FL. What's next? invasive cheetahs, FL's so rich.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:17 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by not an apples to apples comparison.
Redfin had NATIONWIDE at 14.3%

Your article had NATIONWIDE at 18.8%

That ain't apples to apples.

PS: I'm seeing 16.8% on Zillow?
https://www.zillow.com/milford-ct/home-values/

Old 02-23-2022, 07:25 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Redfin had NATIONWIDE at 14.3%

Your article had NATIONWIDE at 18.8%

That ain't apples to apples.

PS: I'm seeing 16.8% on Zillow?
https://www.zillow.com/milford-ct/home-values/
Yeah, there’s a million sources we can pull from but all have CT as being low real estate appreciation overall (relatively speaking, of course). Reading some of the posts in this thread, one would think CT real estate is up 100% YOY.

Again, not a bad thing. Just an observation.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:29 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Yeah, there’s a million sources we can pull from but all have CT as being low real estate appreciation overall (relatively speaking, of course). Reading some of the posts in this thread, one would think CT real estate is up 100% YOY.

Again, not a bad thing. Just an observation.
Just saying, certain towns (in relative closeness to NYC) and certain price points have jumped a lot.

Based on recent nearby comps, I could get around 43% more for my home than what I bought it for in 2018.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Just saying, certain towns (in relative closeness to NYC) and certain price points have jumped a lot.

Based on recent nearby comps, I could get around 43% more for my home than what I bought it for in 2018.
That’s absolutely the exception rather than the rule (statewide), according to the numbers. Even Greenwich is seeing ~20% increase YOY (which is a lot when you’re talking 7 figure averages, but still).

Old 02-24-2022, 05:08 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Interesting that the rise in CT home values over the pandemic (13%) was on the lower end compared nationally. FL and AZ had nearly double the growth at ~26% (on the higher end nationwide).
And how was the drop in FL and AZ? Easy to come up 26% off a major bottom. Point is CT didn't drop as much nor does it fluctuate as much as those states but bottom line is we're moving substantially higher than we did with the previous boom.

I just wish articles would include Connecticut. It's like we're too small a state or something.

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/02/22/th...san-francisco/

Old 02-24-2022, 05:15 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,953,562 times
Inventory continues to be on the lower side across the towns that I have been looking in. I ended up selling 3 houses in my FFC for an average profit of $365k after all expenses. These were the least desirable houses (in my portfolio) in some excellent towns. The way they were snatched up (offers at open houses, dozens of offers, outlandish gimmicks) really makes me concerned that people are not considering the downside risk. However, from my perspective, I did very well unloading these properties.

I’ll be doing a 1031 exchange so it’ll be interesting to seek out others deals. Thankfully, I’m not limited to CT when searching for properties.

“Be fearful when others are greedy” describes the phase of the market for me.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:28 AM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Inventory continues to be on the lower side across the towns that I have been looking in. I ended up selling 3 houses in my FFC for an average profit of $365k after all expenses. These were the least desirable houses (in my portfolio) in some excellent towns. The way they were snatched up (offers at open houses, dozens of offers, outlandish gimmicks) really makes me concerned that people are not considering the downside risk. However, from my perspective, I did very well unloading these properties.

I’ll be doing a 1031 exchange so it’ll be interesting to seek out others deals. Thankfully, I’m not limited to CT when searching for properties.

“Be fearful when others are greedy” describes the phase of the market for me.
Tremendous job. You nailed it. That's how things are done.
Rich NY and CT savvy investors moved to cash positions last week in anticipation of TrumPutin's global stock manipulation tactic. Buy back in on the huge drop. Easy money. This spring many NYers use those easy proceeds to buy in to a beautiful CT home when one pops up. CT gets richer by the day. Maybe we move up to 20%+ growth for the year.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
And how was the drop in FL and AZ? Easy to come up 26% off a major bottom. Point is CT didn't drop as much nor does it fluctuate as much as those states but bottom line is we're moving substantially higher than we did with the previous boom.

I just wish articles would include Connecticut. It's like we're too small a state or something.

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/02/22/th...san-francisco/
This wasn’t 26% from a “drop”. It was 26% from 2021-2022 (13% for CT and NY); a YOY increase.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:57 AM

512 posts, read 351,151 times
It isn't reasonable to compare CT to states like FL and AZ. Over the decades, the sunbelt region has seen some high highs and some low lows. CT has always been in more of a steady trajectory, never seeing major highs or major lows over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut