Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 11:57 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times

Advertisements

That's pretty much what us Hartford County residents have been saying all along: the desirable towns keep chugging along with low inventory and relatively strong demand. In Hartford County last month, single family homes were selling at 103% asking price with an average sales price of $372k ($322k median).

Source: https://www.williampitt.com/communit.../market-report

Old 10-25-2022, 01:13 PM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
It's like Deja Vu all over again. Tsek posts the latest interest rate increases and price drops, then CTArtist posts data on increases for either one of Fairfield, Hartford or New Haven Counties, then Mels, JayCT, and Stylo come and tell us Glastonbury and Milford are still hot.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:15 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
It's like Deja Vu all over again. Tsek posts the latest interest rate increases and price drops, then CTArtist posts data on increases for either one of Fairfield, Hartford or New Haven Counties, then Mels, JayCT, and Stylo come and tell us Glastonbury and Milford are still hot.
That’s true Steve. That’s what I’m going to do.

I do see that here in Glastonbury home prices are holding with most still selling over asking. The secondary towns like Hebron, Marlborough, Andover, Bolton, etc. are seeing price drops. It’s only a matter of time that this spread here.

The same thing is happening in the Farmington River Valley. A family member is having trouble selling their updated 70’s home in a secondary town (Canton, Burlington, Granby, etc.). It’s starting to creep into primary towns like Simsbury. Not seeing it yet in Avon or Farmington.

I’ve also been seeing price drops in Fairfield more and more. That was long overdue. JayCT

Old 10-26-2022, 09:55 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,811,466 times
The thing is with inflation it's the important things that generally go up. Healthcare, housing and education. We see a displacement of physical things leading to deflation in things like communication and entertainment. Who actually pays high phone bills and cable bills these days?

I think more land and redevelopment is on the horizon. A old school near me was sold to a non profit to make affordable housing in 2015..it was sold back to the town and it is being sold to another place. I think they'll demo and use the land for housing. Glastonbury and Wethersfield both have significant town owned farm land they could redevelop as well.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:55 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,029,788 times
Basically the govt ignores all the important things from it's inflation stats like food, fuel, medicine, rent, etc. It's laughable.

Old 10-26-2022, 03:20 PM

570 posts, read 477,410 times
The whole housing market needs to be destroyed. Here is an example of lunacy. 40% increase in one year with nothing major done

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...57292345_zpid/

Old 10-26-2022, 03:24 PM

786 posts, read 823,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Yank View Post
The whole housing market needs to be destroyed. Here is an example of lunacy. 40% increase in one year with nothing major done

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...57292345_zpid/
That's one ugly home.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:14 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
The thing is with inflation it's the important things that generally go up. Healthcare, housing and education. We see a displacement of physical things leading to deflation in things like communication and entertainment. Who actually pays high phone bills and cable bills these days?

I think more land and redevelopment is on the horizon. A old school near me was sold to a non profit to make affordable housing in 2015..it was sold back to the town and it is being sold to another place. I think they'll demo and use the land for housing. Glastonbury and Wethersfield both have significant town owned farm land they could redevelop as well.
I can assure you, the farms that Glastonbury has bought development rights to will not be “redeveloped”. They have a line of farmers in town and region looking to use those lands. I know much of both Wethersfield’s and Glastonbury’s publicly owned farm land is along the Connecticut River in its flood zone. At least once a year the land floods making it undevelopable. Jay

Old 10-26-2022, 05:34 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I can assure you, the farms that Glastonbury has bought development rights to will not be “redeveloped”. They have a line of farmers in town and region looking to use those lands. I know much of both Wethersfield’s and Glastonbury’s publicly owned farm land is along the Connecticut River in its flood zone. At least once a year the land floods making it undevelopable. Jay
+1 Jay

And I know that Glastonbury has bought property specifically to save it from development.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:35 PM

4,453 posts, read 3,346,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerisgood02 View Post
That's one ugly home.

If someone gave me that house for free with the condition I could not sell it and had to live in it, I would not take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut