Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 08:29 AM

982 posts, read 599,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome224 View Post
Isn't that area called The Gold Coast?
Yea, in general. The Gold Coast has varying definitions on the northeast end - a few bring it all the way up to Milford (all Merritt Parkway towns), while some say it ends at Westport. Most call it the Greenwich to Fairfield stretch though and may exclude the urban cores of Stamford/Norwalk and far eastern Fairfield.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:51 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildChicken View Post
Looking in Milford and most stuff is under contract in a couple days.

What's the attraction to living in places like easton / weston / ridgefield? Seems these towns are far from anything with nothing to do but sit in your big house.
Ridgefield is not remote at all. It has a very nice town center, a lot f shopping and restaurants, entertainment and is close to one of our state’s best malls. Plus it’s schools are among the best in the state.

Towns like Easton and Weston are popular with people that value nature and privacy. Their large lot zoning assures they will not change significantly and they have a nice small town feel. With today’s Covid crisis, people are beginning to realize that being on top of other people is not necessarily a good thing and those big homes on big lots look mightily enticing. Plus, if you have kids, you almost never have enough room to accommodate them and their activities. Makes life a little easier. Jay

Old 06-09-2020, 10:05 AM

6,902 posts, read 3,742,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whome224 View Post
Isn't that area called The Gold Coast?
Yes, an old school term with varying degrees of boundries. It's all open to interpretation.

The Stub is more defined.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:08 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Yes, an old school term with varying degrees of boundries. It's all open to interpretation.

The Stub is more defined.
Every time I read “stub” my toe hurts.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Every time I read “stub” my toe hurts.
I don't want to step on any so I'll go with Panhandle or Gold Cost here on out.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:14 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
So I am seeing an interesting trend in the towns I follow. I am seeing new listings coming on the market at obviously much lower asking prices than they should be.

A family friend just put their parents modest home on the market and it is clearly about 15% under what it should be listed at and 10% under what it should sell for. I base this on what another friend got for a very similar home a month ago. A family member said they did this deliberately to solicit interest, sell quickly and get multiple offers to drive up the price. Apparently it worked because the house went under contract in a couple days with multiple offers. I’m not sure yet how successful they were at getting a higher price.

I just saw another home in my town that is also clearly underpriced. It appears to be a minimum of 20% under what the listing price should be and 15% under what the selling price should be. It will be interesting to see what happens with this home. I’ve seen a couple other recent listings I thought looked low but thought maybe I missed something. Now I wonder. Anyone else noticing this? Jay

Old 06-10-2020, 09:46 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Think homes coming on market in FFlD county are coming on higher. As are rents.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:54 AM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So I am seeing an interesting trend in the towns I follow. I am seeing new listings coming on the market at obviously much lower asking prices than they should be.

A family friend just put their parents modest home on the market and it is clearly about 15% under what it should be listed at and 10% under what it should sell for. I base this on what another friend got for a very similar home a month ago. A family member said they did this deliberately to solicit interest, sell quickly and get multiple offers to drive up the price. Apparently it worked because the house went under contract in a couple days with multiple offers. I’m not sure yet how successful they were at getting a higher price.

I just saw another home in my town that is also clearly underpriced. It appears to be a minimum of 20% under what the listing price should be and 15% under what the selling price should be. It will be interesting to see what happens with this home. I’ve seen a couple other recent listings I thought looked low but thought maybe I missed something. Now I wonder. Anyone else noticing this? Jay
Not so much here. If it's slightly under listed it does tend to go to bidding war quickly, but most seem to be priced appropriately.

I've seen some houses listed recently that are stretching IMO. If they are able to sell, more power to them.

Old 06-10-2020, 10:44 AM

No, i'm seeing price jacks in the bottom west coast corner

Old 06-10-2020, 11:15 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,431,255 times
Properties are getting bid up in the Greater Danbury area and have gone within days. Need more reasonably priced homes on the market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut