Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times

Advertisements

Still better to over react than under react.

Still not out of the woods yet. It's still important to embrace social distancing and various limitations with gatherings until we have the resources to fight this virus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 09:49 AM

81 posts, read 57,278 times
Without getting into politics on here (as requested) I dont think I have to tell you goal of the media and all the hollywood "people"

take a look here this dude nailed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzq1vKYa1PU

i will leave it at that....

Old 04-08-2020, 09:52 AM

4,449 posts, read 3,342,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I absolutely meant it. Here is the link to their post https://www.taovitality.com/covid-19...now-available/

Thanks for the link. It says this on the website.....

"Regulatory Statement
This test has not been reviewed by the FDA.

Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection, particularly in those who have been in contact with the virus. Follow-up testing with a molecular diagnostic should be considered to rule out infection in these individuals."

It looks like the doctors on that site are Naturopathic Physicians. I don't really know how they compare to Medical Doctors.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:03 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxim View Post

And on a side note I was near Hartford hospital yesterday it looked empty! There is reports all over country that nobody is at tents for testing or hospitals. At lats not the rate the media is saying! If you didn't know this was a political agenda already, its becoming more obvious.
I think it may depend on where you are. Last week at Yale, my sister told me 210 patients.....last night it was up to 380. A friend of mine who works for Town of Stamford DPW as a purchaser just had to order two 50 foot freezers. I don't buy the whole political agenda thing.....I've been told that some of my friends many times and I don't believe it. That's just me,everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:21 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
I think MANY people had this in the winter Mid January - mid February REALLY BAD. I remember doing a hospital function around the 29th of Jan. It was the worst I felt in years. Chiils, aches, terrible sore throat and bad fever. Still did the job but the funny part was the person and many guests from the function told me this was going around the hospital. I would be anything most of us had this covid-19 already!

And on a side note I was near Hartford hospital yesterday it looked empty! There is reports all over country that nobody is at tents for testing or hospitals. At lats not the rate the media is saying! If you didn't know this was a political agenda already, its becoming more obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Midstate parking lot was pretty empty too. There were two tents setup in the parking lot but no line of cars.

What was really weird was seeing the mall parking lot empty.
Channel 3 News just showed St. Francis and Bristol Hospitals and there were several cars at each. They said that St Francis will only test 50 people per day while Bristol will only do 40. Someone I know went to Prohealth’s center in Farmington center and there were several cars there as well. I think they all are limiting the n7mber of tests so not to overwhelm the testing labs. Jay

Old 04-08-2020, 10:26 AM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I think it may depend on where you are. Last week at Yale, my sister told me 210 patients.....last night it was up to 380. A friend of mine who works for Town of Stamford DPW as a purchaser just had to order two 50 foot freezers. I don't buy the whole political agenda thing.....I've been told that some of my friends many times and I don't believe it. That's just me,everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And I doubt many if any NYC hospitals/test centers are "empty" though I've heard Westchester is "lighter" than expected, especially once you get north of the NYC border areas of Yonkers, Mt. Vernon and New Rochelle.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:34 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
And I doubt many if any NYC hospitals/test centers are "empty" though I've heard Westchester is "lighter" than expected, especially once you get north of the NYC border areas of Yonkers, Mt. Vernon and New Rochelle.
A friend is a nurse in St Johns in Yonkers. I will ask her. I firmly believe NYC is packed.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:06 AM

163 posts, read 86,643 times
I know that the various coronavirus models are just estimates, but the mortality numbers on the University of Washington's COVID-19 website are somewhat lower today than they've been.

More and better data must be pouring in. Keep your fingers crossed!

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Old 04-08-2020, 11:11 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
Quote:
I think MANY people had this in the winter Mid January - mid February REALLY BAD. I remember doing a hospital function around the 29th of Jan. It was the worst I felt in years. Chiils, aches, terrible sore throat and bad fever. Still did the job but the funny part was the person and many guests from the function told me this was going around the hospital. I would be anything most of us had this covid-19 already!

That was influenza. Covid-19 is different, very different, in its clinical presentation, in particular with the brief improvement after a week, followed by severe lung symptoms. The first documented case was in mid January in Washington State, and you can read the hospital course of the patient here:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

Tests are still not yet widely available. People are still being told to just stay home until they feel that they are sick enough to need to be admitted to the hospital, so they're not necessarily even seeking tests. We are not in the same terrible situation as NYC because compared to NYC, we're a suburban backwater, and we instituted distancing/lockdown early enough to prevent an onslaught of infections. There is no political agenda on the part of the virus. Only on the part of the leadership that trumpeted denial of it, failed to prepare for it, and still is failing to deal with it, as it backpedals while thousands of people die. Stop looking for conspiracies.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:36 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
That was influenza. Covid-19 is different, very different, in its clinical presentation, in particular with the brief improvement after a week, followed by severe lung symptoms. The first documented case was in mid January in Washington State, and you can read the hospital course of the patient here:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

Tests are still not yet widely available. People are still being told to just stay home until they feel that they are sick enough to need to be admitted to the hospital, so they're not necessarily even seeking tests. We are not in the same terrible situation as NYC because compared to NYC, we're a suburban backwater, and we instituted distancing/lockdown early enough to prevent an onslaught of infections. There is no political agenda on the part of the virus. Only on the part of the leadership that trumpeted denial of it, failed to prepare for it, and still is failing to deal with it, as it backpedals while thousands of people die. Stop looking for conspiracies.
Whoa, why’s it a conspiracy theory if people thought they had it in January or February? Experts widely agree it was community spread in January.

Symptoms are all over the map. Read any accounts of people that tested positive. It varies widely and some have no symptoms at all. You don’t have the information you need to diagnose influenza. Only an antibody test will rule out Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut