Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 12:16 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times

Advertisements

I was say by Mid June numbers would really fall where we can slowly re-open the economy but still have to practice social distancing. Airports still have to check international travelers temperature and may require health records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 12:21 PM

468 posts, read 523,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxim View Post
Yes let’s keep panicking! Numbers are nowhere close to projections! This is an agenda. I’ve said it 1000 times. We live in a state where our governor is basically doing what states around him do. He has no leadership skills or insight. And it’s insane if people think we should be locked up until June with latest numbers. INSANE
Do you understand that the numbers are what they are because we did what we did?

Old 04-09-2020, 12:23 PM

468 posts, read 523,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Yes, but that was before we learned that we are farther along on the curve than previously thought because of how many people carry it asymptomatically.
We are not farther along the curve because of asymptomatic carriers. It is said that social distancing has been implemented more effectively than was originally envisioned.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:23 PM

167 posts, read 175,652 times
Quote:
Yes let’s keep panicking! Numbers are nowhere close to projections!
Maybe, just maybe, because the extreme precautions we're taking are working.

We all want this to be over before June. We are absolutely going to be in danger of blowing a 3-1 lead here because a bunch of idiots will want to end social distancing too early.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:26 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
Do you understand that the numbers are what they are because we did what we did?
That’s part of it. The other part is models are predicting less deaths because of we keep learning it’s more prevalent with a lower mortality. Models already had distancing built in, the reductions are due to it being more widespread and less statistically severe than originally thought.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:27 PM

14,045 posts, read 13,917,236 times
Also the 1918 Spanish flu came in three waves we are only in first wave for COIVD-19 we got be careful.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:34 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
I'm in favor of keeping the social distancing going for awhile. Here in my department at our dealership, I implemented a process that began on Tuesday. For now, no parts customers are allowed in the dealer to come to the part dept. If they want to order parts, they call our number,pay with a credit card, and we have a pick up point outside. Everything is no contact and really cuts down on risk of infection from the outside people.....and I am fine with that. We also have a very large online parts business so even local customers can pay online and pick up the same way. Works great so far. I have zero issues keeping this going long after things calm down more.......if people let their guard down too quickly we will have another surge hit. No one wants that.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:43 PM

4,449 posts, read 3,342,293 times
Quote:
We live in a state where our governor is basically doing what states around him do. He has no leadership skills or insight. And it’s insane if people think we should be locked up until June with latest numbers. INSANE
I think Lamont is one of the smartest Governors to team up with Governor Cuomo.

Quote:
Yes let’s keep panicking! Numbers are nowhere close to projections! This is an agenda.
The reason that the CT numbers are no where near projections is because Lamont was one of the first Governors to start shutting things down. I saw Lamont on TV and someone on CNN asked him how CT managed to fare so well while NY & NJ is not. Lamont pointed out that he did shut things down before them.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:49 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Yes let’s keep panicking! Numbers are nowhere close to projections! This is an agenda. I’ve said it 1000 times. We live in a state where our governor is basically doing what states around him do. He has no leadership skills or insight. And it’s insane if people think we should be locked up until June with latest numbers. INSANE

Why don't we just wait and see where the numbers are as we go along and make decisions as things get better rather than assume May, June, September, etc. A month ago this was just starting. So a month is a long time. I both agree no need to panic people with a long timeline that may not be but also we need to be vigilant so this doesn't start up again and then it really drags the whole year.

Old 04-09-2020, 01:11 PM

230 posts, read 114,896 times
Quote:
There been 1000 new cases in the last 24 hours alone. And 58 deaths in the last 24 hours in Connecticut alone. There has been 335 deaths in Connecticut so far and Counting. So far about 9,000 positive cases. Is this really not enough for you? Do you want them to reach the projections? I don't like it any more than you do. I really really hate being block from doing things I want to do 2 but it would only get worse if it wasn't like that. What part of that don't you understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut