Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 05:15 PM

83,285 posts, read 74,525,174 times

Advertisements

Been a while since I been in here and updated my file.

Here's the latest number of positive cases sorted by the most.

Fairfield County Hospitalizations. 5 in a row again with no increase. 20 out of last 23 days with no increase!

here is for the state and counties. Pretty much back to Early April levels now.

Stamford Positive Cases. Still looks like its going up but obviously slower. And you have to ask yourself... In a city of 130,000 people, only 3000 have a virus? Sorry, doesn't sound alarming to me. Especially with less and less people in the hospitals now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 05:19 PM

21,495 posts, read 27,731,790 times
Probably more like 30,000 have had it in Stamford. Just not tested.

Old 05-10-2020, 05:26 PM

1,819 posts, read 754,572 times
Cambium thanks for those graphs and information.

Old 05-10-2020, 06:06 PM

83,285 posts, read 74,525,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Probably more like 30,000 have had it in Stamford. Just not tested.
Highly doubt that. Let's say 10,000 have had it. Still, nothing alarming IMO.. And obviously the more we find the better it looks being hospitalizations where they were and even dropping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
Cambium thanks for those graphs and information.
No problem. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2020, 06:19 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,182,708 times
Some more info from my sister at Yale in case anyone is interested. Over 2000 now have been discharged, ICU is still busy but down a little. Unfortunately she said that most people on ventilators aren't going home. Maybe that will change as remdesivir is used more. Too early to tell.
I was asking her about all these new patients having bad blood clots and blood thickening leading to death. I was wondering if there's more to this virus than Dr's realize. This is what she text me regarding this. :

"Our hematology team at yale has always felt there was a hematology aspect to this disease since April which is why all of our patients are put on blood thinners on admission and then sent home with a 3 month supply of blood thinners to prevent clots.
Every covid gets blood thinner injectuons that is admitted. At discharge, they get oral blood thinners to take for 3 months
We have been doing blood thinners since April. Not new for us as hematology has been following the disease for months. We don't use antibiotics that I know of yet "

By the way, for those who have Sirius radio, channels 110 and 121 are excellent coronavirus info channels from Dr's at NYU Langone in NYC. I listen to them in the morning, lots of information on there and they tell it like it is. FYI.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:06 PM

26,636 posts, read 28,433,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Some more info from my sister at Yale in case anyone is interested. Over 2000 now have been discharged, ICU is still busy but down a little. Unfortunately she said that most people on ventilators aren't going home. Maybe that will change as remdesivir is used more. Too early to tell.
I was asking her about all these new patients having bad blood clots and blood thickening leading to death. I was wondering if there's more to this virus than Dr's realize. This is what she text me regarding this. :

"Our hematology team at yale has always felt there was a hematology aspect to this disease since April which is why all of our patients are put on blood thinners on admission and then sent home with a 3 month supply of blood thinners to prevent clots.
Every covid gets blood thinner injectuons that is admitted. At discharge, they get oral blood thinners to take for 3 months
We have been doing blood thinners since April. Not new for us as hematology has been following the disease for months. We don't use antibiotics that I know of yet "

By the way, for those who have Sirius radio, channels 110 and 121 are excellent coronavirus info channels from Dr's at NYU Langone in NYC. I listen to them in the morning, lots of information on there and they tell it like it is. FYI.
Many thanks, as usual, for the interesting information.

I do wonder if other CT hospitals are using the blood thinners. People who don't live near Yale have to use UCONN Health or Hartford Health or whatever else.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:26 PM

21,495 posts, read 27,731,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Highly doubt that. Let's say 10,000 have had it. Still, nothing alarming IMO.. And obviously the more we find the better it looks being hospitalizations where they were and even dropping
Why doubt it? The NYC antibody studies generally point to at least 12 times more actually cases than tested. Elsewhere it’s sometimes even higher.

It’s not a bad thing. More immune people.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:19 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,182,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Many thanks, as usual, for the interesting information.

I do wonder if other CT hospitals are using the blood thinners. People who don't live near Yale have to use UCONN Health or Hartford Health or whatever else.
I would think so. As long as they are research hospitals , then they should be. You have to be careful giving blood thinners as they can cause bleeding. I'm hoping someone can finally understand this virus. Seems to be so many problems that it can cause. How do you find a treatment for something that's so unpredictable.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:33 PM

11,243 posts, read 18,721,731 times
Quote:
I'm hoping someone can finally understand this virus. Seems to be so many problems that it can cause. How do you find a treatment for something that's so unpredictable.
That's the real problem causing us to be where we are, the incredible unpredictability with this virus. I think once we can have a lot more understanding of it, we might be able to undo a lot of our locking down even without set treatments yet, but not now. The sudden issue with the kids is making it worse and even though the numbers are (hopefully staying) very low with that, it's unfortunately going to start to make schools take pause about the fall....

Old 05-10-2020, 10:01 PM

33,748 posts, read 16,742,725 times
Quote:

Your posts are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut