Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 01:29 PM

512 posts, read 351,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael917 View Post
In all of the articles I've seen about when specific businesses might reopen, I haven't seen a single mention of libraries. Anybody hear anything in the governor's plan about reopening libraries?

I realize there's a high risk factor involved, with books being passed between patrons, but I'm missing my regular library visits and will eventually run out of books at home. (Yes I can read virtual books, but it's not the same.)
I have insider info. Many CT libraries are talking about doing curbside pickup very soon, and at least one bigger city is talking about allowing the public access in the next couple weeks. You will see several libraries open in some capacity after May 20th and a fair amount open June 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 01:47 PM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
There appears to be evidence that kids with covid do not pass it on to adults. If true, that would be quite different from most diseases, but then this thing is different in many ways.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/coron...port-indicates
I have to wonder if that's simply because their immune systems do such a good job eliminating it, that the viral shedding is too low to transmit effectively.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:09 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Fairfield County Hospitalizations down again. Down to 384 now. Back to April 2nd levels.

On March 28th only 88 were in the Hospital.

On March 23rd only 20 were.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:16 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
I am very conservative, but truly admire the job Lamont is doing regarding covid. Especially his latest interview-asked about whose responsibility the nursing home death crisis is, and about Cuomo trying to blame the homes w/o talking about his order they essentially take post covid back, the emotion on Lamont's face was clear as he simply said, sternly "The buck stops here. It's ultimately MY responsibility".

I see a fraud in NY panning for the cameras once the nursing home decisions of his were properly critiqued, while I see Ct's governor focused on a mission.

I may disagree with budgets under Lamont, but applaud his covid stewardship.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:57 AM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
I'm starting to get fed up with this guy.

"Dr. Fauci says that reopening too quickly by states will cause “needless suffering and death".

Just another "Sky is Falling" person. We need less of those in this world. I know misery loves company but the gloom and doom is worse than misery.

Is May 20th still the day for CT to start opening again?

Old 05-12-2020, 06:05 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

"Dr. Fauci says that reopening too quickly by states will cause “needless suffering and death".

Just another "Sky is Falling" person. We need less of those in this world. I know misery loves company but the gloom and doom is worse than misery.

Yes for most but not all businesses, with restrictions in place for those businesses that can open on the 20th (for instance restaurants outdoor dining only for now, hair salons cannot use blow dryers (though I saw something on fB that they might back off of that restriction) and can operate at 50% capacity only and by appointment only. Nail salons I think are still closed

Old 05-12-2020, 06:22 AM

512 posts, read 351,857 times
Quote:
The state published a document to help employers open back up and follow guidelines:
https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DECD/C...5_V1.pdf?la=en

Already open:
Manufacturing
Construction,
Real Estate
Utilities
Essential retail
Childcare
Hospitals

Starting May 20th the following can open following guidelines:
Restaurants (outdoor only, no bars)
Remaining retail
Outdoor recreation
Offices
Personal services (hair only)
Museums, zoos (outdoor only)
University research

Old 05-12-2020, 07:43 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:

Yeah. Who cares? It's largely old people, convicts, black people, brown people, and poor people who die. If you live in a single family home, own a car, mostly telecommute, and have your rug rats chained to a radiator so they don't kill you, you're fine. When it rips through the nursing home, you get your inheritance earlier. It's no worse than the flu for most people. Open it all back up.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:48 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,206,470 times
Quote:

I tend to agree with him on this. South Korea opened up nightclubs and someone in one tested positive. Now they have new cases spiking. Business here has to get going again, I am completely in agreement, but it needs to be done smart. Malls.......I heard they are opening up again. How are you supposed to social distance in a mall among other places? Again, we need to get things going again but how do you balance that and the rise in cases/deaths that will surely happen? I'm not saying it will happen for sure,but it seems inevitable. We are trying to figure this out at my job right now,however ,the higher ups are going balls to the wall on getting back to our old hours and getting business back.....but not going about it smartly. Tough balance. Health edges out money for me but not everyone can do that. Just my opinion, don't hate.

Last edited by gmdealerguy; 05-12-2020 at 07:59 AM..

Old 05-12-2020, 08:48 AM

11,297 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
I tend to agree with him on this. South Korea opened up nightclubs and someone in one tested positive. Now they have new cases spiking. Business here has to get going again, I am completely in agreement, but it needs to be done smart. Malls.......I heard they are opening up again. How are you supposed to social distance in a mall among other places? Again, we need to get things going again but how do you balance that and the rise in cases/deaths that will surely happen? I'm not saying it will happen for sure,but it seems inevitable. We are trying to figure this out at my job right now,however ,the higher ups are going balls to the wall on getting back to our old hours and getting business back.....but not going about it smartly. Tough balance. Health edges out money for me but not everyone can do that. Just my opinion, don't hate.

Hey, it's been long enough that it actually let me rep ya! Well said....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut