Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 02:56 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Eh. This thing has traditionally moved in clusters and it’s unsurprising that it’s the case here, since the US is no different. What are the two most popularly traveled routes from NYC? CA and FL. It shouldn’t be a shock that those are the next two hot zones.

But hold onto your hats and don’t gloat too much. CT hospitalizations rose slightly for the second day in a row.
No, gonna have to keep gloating. Travels been down significantly. Should have been nipped in the bud or atleast on the downward trend nationally. We've all been given 2-3 months upfront notice by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 03:02 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
No, gonna have to keep gloating. Travels been down significantly. Should have been nipped in the bud or atleast on the downward trend nationally. We've all been given 2-3 months upfront notice by now.
I’m not sure causation = correlation in the northeast. Yes, policy and masks help. But if you hide from the virus forever, it’ll come back to haunt you when you loosen up. Waiting for a vaccine is fantasy. The best policy has always been a careful, controlled walk to immunity. We may just get lucky and that winds up being much closer than anticipated.

We got hit real bad. If we were a country, our death rate would be worse than any nation.

Old 07-02-2020, 03:10 PM

512 posts, read 351,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
CT is later in curve, South is earlier. Simple as that.
Agreed. Gov. Desantis got too cocky as the northeast hit its peak and FL was at a slow simmer. The tables have turned and the south’s time is now to hit their peak. I hope it gets nowhere near as bad there (or anywhere else) as it did here.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:05 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
I’m not sure causation = correlation in the northeast. Yes, policy and masks help. But if you hide from the virus forever, it’ll come back to haunt you when you loosen up. Waiting for a vaccine is fantasy. The best policy has always been a careful, controlled walk to immunity. We may just get lucky and that winds up being much closer than anticipated.

We got hit real bad. If we were a country, our death rate would be worse than any nation.

Speaking of vaccine....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/02/mode...l-delayed.html

Old 07-02-2020, 06:10 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:

Exactly. The NE numbers are still staggering compared to anywhere in the continental US. Nobody should be gloating about anything.

Impressed how rationally you’ve been discussing this since day one. I can’t say the same about the vast majority of others, both here and in my private/professional life.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:13 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Travels have not been down for those escaping NYC area and going to their homes in FL. Again, widely publicized.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:23 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Impressed how rationally you’ve been discussing this since day one. I can’t say the same about the vast majority of others, both here and in my private/professional life.
Thanks! It is the same for me. I barely talk to anyone about it, because most have taken some pretty extreme views. Whether it’s the we’re all doomed and everyone is going to die and we can never leave the house side, or the borderline conspiracy/masks don’t work/it’s designed to take down Trump crowd. A symptom of a divided nation, for sure.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:50 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Thanks! It is the same for me. I barely talk to anyone about it, because most have taken some pretty extreme views. Whether it’s the we’re all doomed and everyone is going to die and we can never leave the house side, or the borderline conspiracy/masks don’t work/it’s designed to take down Trump crowd. A symptom of a divided nation, for sure.
I have equal disdain for both sides. I'm not a polital person, never have been, never will be.
FL and AZ had fair warning though. There shouldn't be record spikes anywhere. This should have been nipped in the bud by now nationwide. I know the MSM is sensationalistic, I get it.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:16 PM

208 posts, read 113,763 times
Quote:
I have equal disdain for both sides. I'm not a polital person, never have been, never will be.
FL and AZ had fair warning though. There shouldn't be record spikes anywhere. This should have been nipped in the bud by now nationwide. I know the MSM is sensationalistic, I get it.
You can’t nip it in the bud. Either you get a vaccine (which would be the first corona vaccine ever) or enough people get to obtain herd immunity. It isn’t going to disappear.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:39 AM

3,349 posts, read 4,165,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
You can’t nip it in the bud. Either you get a vaccine (which would be the first corona vaccine ever) or enough people get to obtain herd immunity. It isn’t going to disappear.
There is a third option - virus degrades. It doesn’t go away but becomes much less virulent. This is quite common for Coronaviruses (why don’t we see SARS or MERS anymore?). If the Florida and Texas death rates remain low, this could already be underway. Over time, just another nasty cold for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut