Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 05:16 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times

Advertisements

Doesn't seem to be the case at my mother's assisted living home.
The interesting news though is most everyone has very mild symptoms.

This even before the first dose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 10:00 AM

4 posts, read 3,830 times
Default As real as it gets - Inside a COVID ICU at Hartford Hospital

You cannot thank these people enough for their courage, sacrafice and amazing skill. Stay safe everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5y-p_pFTY

http://youtu.be/Ef5y-p_pFTY

Old 01-22-2021, 11:14 AM

11,292 posts, read 18,872,835 times
It says "This video is restricted. It must be approved for you to view it."

Old 01-22-2021, 11:16 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
It says "This video is restricted. It must be approved for you to view it."
I viewed it just fine.

Sad video.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:18 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
I watched it......I have only heard of stories like this from my sister and an ICU nurse in Westchester County. To see what that poor man is going through and the news he gets.....well......it got to me. I cant imagine what goes through your head. My dad was on a vent before he died. It's awful. This is something the maskless people should have to look at.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:42 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Very sad. And the doctors and nurses on the front lines should get eternal gratitude.

But the video also focuses on a small percentage of Covid patients. The poor man in the video has COPD and is 70 years old (if you listen to them discuss his stats). COPD alone can easily kill you with a common cold that turns into pneumonia. Doesn't make his story any less sad, but so many people have been paralyzed with fear from videos like these when most survive. Even my 82 year old father with COPD survived with moderate symptoms.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:17 PM

11,292 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I viewed it just fine.

Sad video.

Thanks, I figured out why. My computer was set to my work Google account, which does restrict it. When I signed out as well as when I went into my personal Google account it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
Very sad. And the doctors and nurses on the front lines should get eternal gratitude.

But the video also focuses on a small percentage of Covid patients. The poor man in the video has COPD and is 70 years old (if you listen to them discuss his stats). COPD alone can easily kill you with a common cold that turns into pneumonia. Doesn't make his story any less sad, but so many people have been paralyzed with fear from videos like these when most survive. Even my 82 year old father with COPD survived with moderate symptoms.
But like the video said, "he had one visitor in 6 months, and that visitor gave Brian COVID".

That's what the problem is with this. Willing to bet the visitor had very mild symptoms. Very easy spread but very random outcomes. I just learned yesterday that the mother of a childhood friend of mine who lived a block from me died of COVID Wednesday. She lived in Florida now and I hadn't seen her in at least 20 years but we had lots of Facebook contact even as recent as a couple of months ago. Shook me to the core.....

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 01-22-2021 at 12:28 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 05:20 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Saw report from Yale that a significant but in the minority of hospital admins for CV are actually elective and emergency cases coming in who are all screened for CV. So some show up unaware they are positive.
But they are not admitted due to CV reasons, but still listed as if they were.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:06 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmInCT View Post
You cannot thank these people enough for their courage, sacrafice and amazing skill. Stay safe everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef5y-p_pFTY

http://youtu.be/Ef5y-p_pFTY
That was rough. Should be watched by anyone high risk that isn’t taking things seriously.

Old 01-23-2021, 10:12 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Saw report from Yale that a significant but in the minority of hospital admins for CV are actually elective and emergency cases coming in who are all screened for CV. So some show up unaware they are positive.
But they are not admitted due to CV reasons, but still listed as if they were.
Yes that’s been a problem, when data isn’t parsed “with” and “from”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut