Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 11:58 AM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Forgot you worked in NY. Different rules there.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/cor...mo/5081053001/

But yeah, it’s up to the business too. Anyone can require masks long after a mandate. My guess is it all falls away pretty quickly.
Does this come as a shock to anyone? It's NY, I mean come on. Denied the endzone on 4th and goal, turnover on downs, start over.
Once again, CT takes the bull by the horns in the Northeast. We brought Jerome Bettis in to finish it off, Touchdown CT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,204,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Does this come as a shock to anyone? It's NY, I mean come on. Denied the endzone on 4th and goal, turnover on downs, start over.
Once again, CT takes the bull by the horns in the Northeast. We brought Jerome Bettis in to finish it off, Touchdown CT!
Since you like sports as well as I do, check this out......This is why I am questioning the timing and safety of doing away with masks, vaccinated or not. Even though I am vaxxed, you could still pass it to someone who is not. I know I am a broken record when it comes to this, but it is very real/possible.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...cases-n1267332

Old 05-14-2021, 12:45 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Since you like sports as well as I do, check this out......This is why I am questioning the timing and safety of doing away with masks, vaccinated or not. Even though I am vaxxed, you could still pass it to someone who is not. I know I am a broken record when it comes to this, but it is very real/possible.

The team members tested positive about two-three weeks after their JJ single dose vaccine, and according to the CDC, it takes about two weeks for the vaccines to build immunity. That means the spread could have happened prior to their vaccination as there’s a potential overlap between their vaccination effective period and exposure incubation period. Remember, even though the CDC says “about two weeks” for the vaccine, it could be far more or far less, depending on the person.

Even if not, they got the JJ vaccine, which is only 70% effective, as opposed to the double dose Moderna and Pfizer, which are well over 90% effective. Big difference.

You need to look at the facts and for the love of god, turn off the news.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:00 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:

They're all asymptomatic. My bigger question is why is James Taillon still in the starting rotaion, he's horrible.

Yes, we all know you can still test and pass on to an unvaxxed. Got it. Check. Understood. For the gazzillionth time, it's their problem.
Rory Sparrow air mails a 3 pointer at the buzzer for NY, they go to triple OT. Start over
Taurasi nails her 3 at the buzzer for CT, Game Over!
Blaine Stoughton's one-timer from Ron Francis finds the back of the net late in the third for Hartford, It's over, Win!
That's enough of that

Old 05-14-2021, 01:12 PM

56 posts, read 24,158 times
Quote:

The problem is it's always going to be the case that, for the foreseeable future, this virus can infect and be transmitted even by vaccinated people. It is a very low probability, but as long as the virus exists (and most people think it's not going away), this will be true. There has to be a point where you decide you have reasonable protections in place, you accept some low level of risk, and you move on with life. For the CDC, apparently that point is now. If your risk tolerance is different, by all means you can choose to wear a mask.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
They're all asymptomatic. My bigger question is why is James Taillon still in the starting rotaion, he's horrible.

Rory Sparrow air mails a 3 pointer at the buzzer for NY, they go to triple OT. Start over
t
Rory Sparrow!!! Wow....One of my favorites back in the day. I thought you were a lot younger than me....lol......not many know of him.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
The team members tested positive about two-three weeks after their JJ single dose vaccine, and according to the CDC, it takes about two weeks for the vaccines to build immunity. That means the spread could have happened prior to their vaccination as there’s a potential overlap between their vaccination effective period and exposure incubation period. Remember, even though the CDC says “about two weeks” for the vaccine, it could be far more or far less, depending on the person.

Even if not, they got the JJ vaccine, which is only 70% effective, as opposed to the double dose Moderna and Pfizer, which are well over 90% effective. Big difference.

Didn't realize it was JJ. That makes sense then.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:30 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
Is this for all places indoors? What about businesses? Our auto group is trying to figure out what this means exactly? My dealer is not even close to having half the staff vaccinated. 90% of the service dept does not want to get the shot. My dept is half vaccinated and it is not going to change unfortunately. I am sure this is an issue in most places.

And if we can mingle indoors elsewhere, how is anyone going to know who is vaccinated or not?

Does that mean we let the unvaccinated fend for themselves and yay for the vaccinated ones?

I am more than eager to move on and ditch the masks too but I don't how well thought out this is just yet.
Almost sounds like CDC is saying this to use vaccinated ones as examples to show unvaxxed how it could be for them........so they get the vaccine

The anti maskers/anti vaxxers are going to have a field day with this.

Completely agree with you on this.

I haven't read the next two pages yet so if I'm repeating something already said I'm sorry but the May 19 dropping of indoor masking for the vaccinated is only in CT. Your workplace is in NY and Cuomo has said he is not lifting it for now so nothing changes. My workplace said if Cuomo lifts the mandate the teachers can be maskless in their offices and the teachers' lounge but not in the classrooms since the kids still have to be masked. But until then we are a masked workplace.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:33 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Quote:
I guess. Ironically ,this was just emailed to all the managers from HR seconds ago. Haha. I guess there's my answer.

NOTICE: MAY 13, 2021

ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST CONTINUE TO WEAR FACE MASKS ON THE PREMISES

NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH REGULATIONS CONTINUE TO MANDATE THAT ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST WEAR MASKS WHEN IN THE DEALERSHIP EVEN IF FULLY VACCINATED.

Again, I haven't had a chance to be on here in 2 days and didn't want to go through 2-3 pages of stuff before responding so sorry about my repetitive response above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

Completely agree but there are people I know who are using this to say it proves the vaccines don't work at all so they won't get one. Truth is, if it's even just that the vaccines keep you from getting sick, ending in the hospital, die, etc but the virus simply shows up on a test then we've won and it's time to get back to normal.

I'm sure if we were doing mass testing for polio, measles, etc. there'd be some people who would test positive but it would mean nothing. My 17 year old daughter got the chicken pox vaccine but still sort of got chicken pox, but unlike those of us from an earlier generation, she had it for a day if that and it was so mild that we thought it was a severe flare up of her eczema until the dermatologist had another suspicion and tested and she even said after that one day it would be fine and she may not have ever been contagious.

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 05-14-2021 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Completely agree with you on this.

I haven't read the next two pages yet so if I'm repeating something already said I'm sorry but the May 19 dropping of indoor masking for the vaccinated is only in CT. Your workplace is in NY and Cuomo has said he is not lifting it for now so nothing changes. My workplace said if Cuomo lifts the mandate the teachers can be maskless in their offices and the teachers' lounge but not in the classrooms since the kids still have to be masked. But until then we are a masked workplace.
I will probably continue to wear the mask after the 19th when I go grocery shopping for a bit longer. While things are clearly getting better, my city and a few surrounding ones are still considered in the "red zone" at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut