Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 02:30 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Testing should be at the employee's own expense not that of taxpayers.
I agree, and I feel similarly about the stimulus money for new vaccines. How many more will go get a second round? Are we prepared to pay that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 07:17 PM

9,873 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Testing should be at the employee's own expense not that of taxpayers.
It's a private business, but MGM is requiring all employees to be vaccinated. If not, the employee has to pay for weekly Covid tests ($15 at MGM or off-site on their own) and anyone unvaccinated who tests positive will not be paid for the time they have to take off.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:40 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
What we did in March 2020 was not a true shutdown or lockdown. We kept essential businesses open (and believe me, many, many qualified that had a tenuous connection to making life-critical supplies), never stopped international air travel, and most important, still allowed domestic air travel. Did it hurt small businesses? Of course. That's why I'm saying we shouldn't do it again. I'd rather pay $100-$500 per person to get the unvaxxed to get their shots.

To me, domestic travel is still a gaping loophole--just have TSA require proof of vaccination.
Planes were empty then.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:21 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
So some people here want a vaccine ID. Same people might be against a Voter ID. See the problem.....

In P town there has been zero fatalities to date from Delta.

India and England are on the other side of the slope with cases falling. The former head of the CDC thinks we are the mend.....

The media though needs another horse to beat...

Last edited by Stepfordct; 07-31-2021 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 04:26 PM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
So some want people here want a vaccine ID. Same people might be against a voter ID. See the problem.....

India and England are on the other side of the slope with cases falling. The former head of the CDC thinks we are the mend.....

Great work keep it up
and airports and planes still require masks so vaxports are moot for that

Old 07-31-2021, 06:26 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Great work keep it up
and airports and planes still require masks so vaxports are moot for that
No, that's missing the point. Requiring proof of vaccination for air travel is not about protection on board the plane (because I agree masks are doing a good job). It's to slow down unvaxxed idiots from going across country (or coming here from abroad) to create clusters all over the place.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
So some people here want a vaccine ID. Same people might be against a Voter ID. See the problem.....

That's a fallacy. I, for one, favor both and I'm far from alone. Those who raise objections to voter ID do so because of the non-trivial cost (time, money) involved for many, in order to get an ID and exercise a constitutional right. By contrast, vaccines (and vaccine IDs) are free and available now practically at every supermarket & pharmacy.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:33 PM

Quote:

The delta variant wreaked havoc in India. What they would have given to have the kind of unfettered access to vaccines that we have in the US! The point is that almost every death we're experiencing now is avoidable. Vaccines have to be the answer, not masking, not "lockdowns".

Old 07-31-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
That's a fallacy. I, for one, favor both and I'm far from alone. Those who raise objections to voter ID do so because of the non-trivial cost (time, money) involved for many, in order to get an ID and exercise a constitutional right. By contrast, vaccines (and vaccine IDs) are free and available now practically at every supermarket & pharmacy.
Getting an id can't be much harder that getting 2 shots after making an appointment and then leaving a couple of days free for possibly impending sickness....then getting your ID that hasn't even been figured out. Not a piece of paper from CVS.....

Actually getting an ID for voting seems so much easier!

Old 07-31-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The delta variant wreaked havoc in India. What they would have given to have the kind of unfettered access to vaccines that we have in the US! The point is that almost every death we're experiencing now is avoidable. Vaccines have to be the answer, not masking, not "lockdowns".
Not necessarily disagreeing with you.....
That said, think everyone has to do their own risk/reward analysis..

If younger in good health, maybe pass, or not. Free choice.

Have heard from Drs of complications for some after vaccination.
They say no one wants to talk about. The power of persuasion is too strong.

Myself, I'm older I got Pfizer....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut