Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 07:18 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,090,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Re: seatbelts: yawn. I’m still waiting for your source that you have yet to provide.

Again, even if you don’t like it, fact: Vaccinated are catching and spreading COVID at the same rate.

We can obsess over the severity and death rates all we want, but that doesn’t change the facts of infection and transmission.

Perhaps we can recognize the original comment that vaccinated people catch and spread COVID at the same rate, and stop segueing and gaslighting because of our political leanings. If we can do that, here, that’d be beneficial to everyone.
No gaslighting going on. Explaining what's meant by "pandemic of the unvaxxed", which you took to be a political statement.

To expand on your point--if we lived in a 100% vaccinated world, and there was high transmission amongst this population, it would have minimal societal impact because hardly anyone would get seriously ill. The virus would tamp down to truly the isolate cluster level (e.g. measles), and we wouldn't have new variants popping up as often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 07:39 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,059,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Aren't you supposed to wait at least 2 weeks after you've recovered before getting a shot?
Maybe? It was like 7-8 weeks for me.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:40 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
No gaslighting going on. Explaining what's meant by "pandemic of the unvaxxed", which you took to be a political statement.

To expand on your point--if we lived in a 100% vaccinated world, and there was high transmission amongst this population, it would have minimal societal impact because hardly anyone would get seriously ill. The virus would tamp down to truly the isolate cluster level (e.g. measles), and we wouldn't have new variants popping up as often.
Of course it’s a political statement, literally made by POTUS (and continuously repeated by his staunch supporters), who’s vaccine mandates aren’t faring well in federal court, by the way.

What does it matter that unvaxxed are getting sicker, when that severity of sickness literally affects nobody other than the unvaxxed, taking into account the vaxxed are catching and spreading at no different pace? Seriously - why do you care?

Old 12-01-2021, 07:41 PM

6,881 posts, read 3,732,518 times
Floridians will be the first to let us know when CT has it's first Omicron case. It hit US shores today. Fauci had a presser to let us know the guy was vaccinated and had mild symptoms. He's pushing the booster now. The greatest Big Pharma rep the world has ever known. Even local street peddlers in Bridgeport would love to hire him. Big Pharma owns the country.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:43 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,059,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post

Amongst my family, 4 people caught from 1. 100% attack rate in our group. All fully vaccinated. Also cases don’t seem to be stopping anywhere despite high vax rates in some areas. I’d call it still pretty high transmission. But yeah, less severe.

Re: new variants. The last 2 of concern came from India and Africa. Good luck getting that part of the world to do anything. I’ve yet to hear of a notable variant come from the US.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:46 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Amongst my family, 4 people caught from 1. All fully vaccinated. Also cases don’t seem to be stopping anywhere despite high vax rates in some areas. I’d call it still pretty high transmission. But yeah, less severe.

Re: new variants. The last 2 of concern came from India and Africa. Good luck getting that part of the world to do anything. I’ve yet to hear of a notable variant come from the US.
Exactly. Some of the posters here seem to be deliberately playing word games for whatever purpose.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:18 PM

464 posts, read 312,077 times
Quote:
Re: seatbelts: yawn. I’m still waiting for your source that you have yet to provide.

Again, even if you don’t like it, fact: Vaccinated are catching and spreading COVID at the same rate.

We can obsess over the severity and death rates all we want, but that doesn’t change the facts of infection and transmission.

Perhaps we can recognize the original comment that vaccinated people catch and spread COVID at the same rate, and stop segueing and gaslighting because of our political leanings. If we can do that, here, that’d be beneficial to everyone.
I never said I was going to post a source. Where’s your source that vaccinated get and spread covid as easily as non-vaccinated. I told you a simple google search will lead to plenty of credible sources.

Seat belt yawn? vaccine was developed to limit severe illness and it does what it set out to do.

[url]https://theconversation.com/amp/no-vaccinated-people-are-not-just-as-infectious-as-unvaccinated-people-if-they-get-covid-171302[/url]

There are literally pages of studies, articles and results like this one. Go ahead and tell me it’s fake news or not validated. You’re the expert anyways, right?

Old 12-01-2021, 09:56 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,910,251 times
Quote:
I’ll wait for the statistics that say “unvaxxed are more likely to get and spread COVID” as opposed to the political rhetoric just quoted. Get seriously ill? Sure.

But know the difference.
You haven’t been paying attention then. There is a ton of research statistics that shows the unvaccinated are more likely to get and spread Covid-19. Just google it. Below are just a couple of the links you’d find. Jay

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...get-vaccinated

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...die-from-covid

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...rotection.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...f-covid-19-cdc

https://www.kut.org/covid-19/2021-11...xas-data-shows

Old 12-02-2021, 05:52 AM

25,704 posts, read 12,786,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I believe it's due to having a high vaccination rate. We're #1 in the country for states over 1M population. CT is tops in a lot of things in case you haven't noticed. Vaccinated CT residents feel protected from serious illness and death due to COVID, leaving them more inclined to enjoying a carefree life.

As to the why, I already answered in the last sentence of that post. CT loves a party. Nutmeggars are social butterflies. They love to gather, dine, drink, socialize and be merry, atleast around here in the most dense and congested part of the state they do. Tack on high vax rates and it's a free for all.
What - a - State!!
So, you are saying that residents of CT are ignoring science because they love to party & socialize so much?

There's all kinds of evidence that vaccinated people can still get covid, and spread it too. Some level of precaustion is still required, even for vaccinated people.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:16 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,809,353 times
Let's just put it this way. Tells us all exactly how a pandemic ends without vaccination? Allowing people to be unvaxxed means it mutates further as hosts and then THAT spreads. Penn and Teller has a pretty good video of this on youtube. Some conditions do pop up after the fact like chicken pox and shingles but if you are vaccinated or already had it then it isn't a problem.

Of course the unvaxed are more likely to spread it and have it. If you are vaccinated against anything you are less likely to get it or be as harmed. I know people that had it both with and without the vaccine. Those that had it without the vaccine are MUCH worse off. I'm not getting into specifics but it's bad, it's really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut