Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 10:35 AM

6,870 posts, read 3,722,617 times

Advertisements

Is everyone getting ready for the BA.2 variant of a variant? here it comes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 12:53 PM

514 posts, read 441,971 times
This is great news for businesses and potential employees. I’m sure many individuals will will return to work as a result. All around good for CT’s economy and individual freedom!

OSHA scraps its vaccine mandate for large employers after the Supreme Court dealt the requirement a mortal blow
https://www.businessinsider.com/osha...-ruling-2022-1

Old 01-25-2022, 05:23 PM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
True but Dr. Fauci still talks about continuing masks and measures to "keep cases down" after case numbers decline. So from that at least I don't see any end to the restrictions.
I don’t understand the point of keeping cases down anymore. Mass testing also needs to stop. We need to stop taking asymptomatic people out of the workforce. Got symptoms? Stay home.

Bill Maher was EXCELLENT this week talking sense about all this.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:25 PM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Is everyone getting ready for the BA.2 variant of a variant? here it comes
Media is desperate for headlines at this point. They’re running out of panic clicks.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:54 PM

11,291 posts, read 18,870,511 times
I really debated "reopening" this thread, but this is interesting. I guess someone has to make the first move and this may be the "beginning of the end" as they are focusing more on whether it affects hospitals than stopping infections per se:

https://www.newser.com/story/316387/...ss_world_img_b

Old 02-01-2022, 06:42 PM

514 posts, read 441,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I really debated "reopening" this thread, but this is interesting. I guess someone has to make the first move and this may be the "beginning of the end" as they are focusing more on whether it affects hospitals than stopping infections per se:

Denmark wasn’t the first, it was England, then Ireland and few more countries, which Denmark followed. Nevertheless, great news indeed. Boris Johnson in England was about to get thrown out of office over party gate; as he was pushing strict lockdowns, him and his crew were partying like it was 1999. So all of the sudden, COVID is no longer a threat in England. There has been significant change in tone in the mainstream media and things will be “reopening” as we have elections coming up in November. Majority will not want to vote for politicians who will keep them locked up. In CT, the Governor has been fairly reasonable with COVID, although I strongly disagree with him forcing the injections on state and healthcare workers.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:08 PM

6,870 posts, read 3,722,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiSky View Post
Denmark wasn’t the first, it was England, then Ireland and few more countries, which Denmark followed. Nevertheless, great news indeed. Boris Johnson in England was about to get thrown out of office over party gate; as he was pushing strict lockdowns, him and his crew were partying like it was 1999. So all of the sudden, COVID is no longer a threat in England. There has been significant change in tone in the mainstream media and things will be “reopening” as we have elections coming up in November. Majority will not want to vote for politicians who will keep them locked up. In CT, the Governor has been fairly reasonable with COVID, although I strongly disagree with him forcing the injections on state and healthcare workers.
Great post from one of the rising stars of the CT Forum.
I believe Australia as well. CT residents are starting to see the light - again, it's like deja vu all over again. Some were unmasked Monday afternoon at a grocery store in Darien, another place in Norwalk. Mohawk Mountain's lodge was largely unmasked Sunday, even a place where ski masks are prevalent. In LA of all places, the shiny new football stadium was packed 80,000 unmasked this past Sunday and will be again in two weeks. Gov Lamont knows all along all too well it's all for show now, a big spectacle, he watched the game and saw the CA Gov unmasked rubbing elbows with Magic and the hoighty toightys in the sky boxes. If they can do it we can. All's it takes is a Hollywood celebrity like Padma Lakma terrified on Instagram and were back to square one.

Old 02-01-2022, 07:23 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,176,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post

I actually think we’re past the beginning of the end. When we realized Omicron wasn’t nearly as deadly as the rest about 7 weeks ago, that was the beginning of the end IMO. The CDC reducing quarantine time about 4 weeks ago was the middle of the end. Now we’re in the home stretch.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:08 AM

11,291 posts, read 18,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I actually think we’re past the beginning of the end. When we realized Omicron wasn’t nearly as deadly as the rest about 7 weeks ago, that was the beginning of the end IMO. The CDC reducing quarantine time about 4 weeks ago was the middle of the end. Now we’re in the home stretch.
True, but I think the real kicker that is bringing it on is that 'subvariant BA.2' really isn't any different from Omicron to the point that even the WHO is saying it. As long as we don't get a really serious variant it looks like we truly are in the home stretch. One thing I think this will do is stave off pushes for a 4th shot for awhile or totally.

It's clear it's going down at least for now. First 2-3 weeks of January we had a good 20% of kids out with COVID every day and this week we only have a couple of kids (out of 200). I don't hear much about friends being sick either anymore.

Old 02-02-2022, 06:49 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,225,831 times
This is still all about the hospitals. The hospitalization rate in Hartford and New Haven is still around 65 per 100,000 and the ICUs remain pretty full. It remains a problem caused by the unvaccinated. I wouldn’t want to have a heart attack, a stroke, or get into a serious car crash anywhere near Hartford or New Haven. The level of care is severely degraded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut