Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:37 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
There's actually a map to see who's compliant with Social Distancing. The data is tracked with phone GPSes so the sample size is almost everyone.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/soci...ing-scoreboard (scroll down for the interactive maps)

Nationally travel has lowered the most in Nevada (-55%), Vermont (-51%), and MA (-50%). CT is down 46% with Fairfield county being down 55% and Windham county being down 32% (all other counties are in between).
That map data is from Sunday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 03:44 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
To be honest I feel the State should have three levels of quarantine based off percentage of those with COVID-19.

.0015% or less is green, .0025% is yellow, and .005% is red.

Partial shut down of States and/or Counties in CT in the yellow. Travel outside of CT only for work, provide medical support, family emergency, military reasons, or to provide supplies.

Red shut downs public transportation. No one allowed to leave the State for work unless it's for military reasons, to provide supplies, or provide medical support.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:26 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
No shut downs will be needed soon. Some researchers are reporting what I’ve been saying all along. More widespread, less deadly.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:32 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
No shut downs will be needed soon. Some researchers are reporting what I’ve been saying all along. More widespread, less deadly.
Yep - and it’s been like that since day one. I was incredibly sick with flulike symptoms not long ago. It wasn’t the flu. I suspect many of us had it before it was even a thing in the US.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:43 AM

1,241 posts, read 902,829 times
That is correct Kid. Not saying I want to get Covid but pointing out that a doctor (supposedly) saying they are more afraid of getting Covid over Ebola is ridiculous as there is no comparison. You get Ebola and it is basically flip a coin on your odds of living. As a healthy 46 year old, I'm highly unlikely to get anything other than mild or bad flu symptoms from Covid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don’t think that poster is wishing to get Covid. They are stating they’d rather take their chances with Covid than Ebola, which has 40x the mortality rate than Covid.

I mean, it pretty much goes without saying.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:58 AM

6,909 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
I don’t think that poster is wishing to get Covid. They are stating they’d rather take their chances with Covid than Ebola, which has 40x the mortality rate than Covid.

I mean, it pretty much goes without saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
That is correct Kid. Not saying I want to get Covid but pointing out that a doctor (supposedly) saying they are more afraid of getting Covid over Ebola is ridiculous as there is no comparison. You get Ebola and it is basically flip a coin on your odds of living. As a healthy 46 year old, I'm highly unlikely to get anything other than mild or bad flu symptoms from Covid.
Don't count your chicks before they hatch.
We may only be in the 3rd or 4th inning of this thing. I don't know if we have the final tallies yet for comparisons. I don't have a doctorate in infectuous diseases so what do I know.

If I had to take chances I would choose option C - "None"
I mean it pretty much goes without saying

Old 03-27-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Don't count your chicks before they hatch.
We may only be in the 3rd or 4th inning of this thing. I don't know if we have the final tallies yet for comparisons. I don't have a doctorate in infectuous diseases so what do I know.

If I had to take chances I would choose option C - "None"
I mean it pretty much goes without saying
I think you missed the point of the discussion.

To recap, a doctor said they’d rather have Ebola than Covid. The numbers show that to be an asinine statement. Completely irresponsible.

Even if we’re in the second inning, we have plenty of numbers to go by confirming this thing isn’t a 25-50% mortality. I’m not sure how clearer it can be put.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM

6,909 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
I think you missed the point of the discussion.

To recap, a doctor said they’d rather have Ebola than Covid. The numbers show that to be an asinine statement. Completely irresponsible.

Even if we’re in the second inning, we have plenty of numbers to go by confirming this thing isn’t a 25-50% mortality. I’m not sure how clearer it can be put.
Yes, clear as mud

and I'm saying I'd rather have none. Maybe a Dr. or someone here wants choose, go ahead. Both are asinine in my book.
I also don't know if we have plenty of numbers. I'll wait till the big lady starts singing.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Yes, clear as mud

and I'm saying I'd rather have none. Maybe a Dr. or someone here wants choose, go ahead. Both are asinine in my book.
I also don't know if we have plenty of numbers. I'll wait till the big lady starts singing.
I’d say half a million cases is a good bet. Let’s not overdramatize this.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:26 AM

468 posts, read 523,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
There is no actual evidence that this is the case. None. There is one modeling study from Oxford university that includes as one scenario that up to 50% of the population of Britain has already been infected.

There is currently no way to know this, as it would require an antibody test that as yet is not available.

As for those of you who think you already had the corona virus, again, there is now way for you to know without an antibody test.

Hopefully, that test will be available soon, and we can get the data we need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut