Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 11:41 AM

284 posts, read 516,643 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are considering relocating to Fairfield, Easton, Weston or Trumbull in the summer. We have two kids, one will be in 2nd grade and the other starting kindergarten. We both will be working full time jobs.\\

I was wondering what kind of after school programs the public schools offer, what times they usually go until and the cost we can expect to pay.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 01:47 PM

201 posts, read 380,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby23 View Post
Hello,

We are considering relocating to Fairfield, Easton, Weston or Trumbull in the summer. We have two kids, one will be in 2nd grade and the other starting kindergarten. We both will be working full time jobs.\\

I was wondering what kind of after school programs the public schools offer, what times they usually go until and the cost we can expect to pay.

Thank you.

We use the ECC program for early drop off and after school. I'm not 100% sure what time they open (maybe 7am?) and they are open until 6pm.

Old 02-14-2020, 05:54 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,496,538 times
Check with your local YMCA, Wallingford has a SAGE program that they host at each school for before and after and it's an amazing setup for the kids.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:26 AM

Are there no programs offered by each elementary schools? What do working parents do with their children?

Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM

201 posts, read 380,960 times
Quote:
Are there no programs offered by each elementary schools? What do working parents do with their children?
The ECC program we use in Fairfield is at the school. Not sure if that's the case everywhere though.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:25 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Trumbull has an arts magnate high school that is part of the school system. Kids from all over the area can apply to go. It might not be exactly what you are asking for in your first post but thought you might like to know about it.
https://www.ces.k12.ct.us/rca

Here is an after school program in Trumbull. There are others but you would have to look them up.
Homepage - Trumbull Loves Children

Maybe you can call the different school systems to get more information. I live in Trumbull BTW.

Old 02-15-2020, 02:26 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,975,595 times
Quote:

You'd probably have to contact each individual school to see. Most schools don't have any kind of regular after school program, but some schools do.

Working parents have their children go to an after school program at a day care, YMCA, or Boys & Girls Club.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:42 PM

1,929 posts, read 2,039,711 times
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you.
Check with each school district because it's likely they all handle it differently, and you may be able to choose what works best for you. My town, which is not one of the ones listed above, offers 4 options for before/after school care. 3 are operated privately and one is through a YMCA-like organization. Some are off-site and some are not - if they are off site, the schools bus to and from the programs.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 3,931 times
We are looking in Fairfield and it appears the Y runs programs out of each elementary school.

This is also a big concern for us as both my husband and I work.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:08 AM

Anyone know what Weston offers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut