Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 11:37 AM

9 posts, read 6,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Are you going to be working at Yale? When I moved there for a position at the College, they gave me the name of a relocation service/agent who would provide rental and real estate services at no cost. Not sure if they still offer this but, if you’ll be working for Yale, you could ask.
I'd be relocating as a graduate student. My husband is a professor, but not at Yale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 11:39 AM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
You will generally find more rentals in Branford and Milford. They are both popular spots for students/Yale workers looking for coastal rentals. The housing stock is more varied than Guilford/Madison. If you see a rental you like in Guilford/Madison, you'll have to move quickly as they're more rare.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 6,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
You will generally find more rentals in Branford and Milford. They are both popular spots for students/Yale workers looking for coastal rentals. The housing stock is more varied than Guilford/Madison. If you see a rental you like in Guilford/Madison, you'll have to move quickly as they're more rare.
Thanks!

Old 03-15-2020, 09:26 PM

241 posts, read 543,178 times
We rented in that price range in Guilford fairly recently (and then decided to buy in the same town). It should be feasible, though it is true that there is low stock and things move quickly. Guilford is an awesome town for families with young kids-we have only been here for a few years but I really love it.

I think it is much wiser to rent than to buy if you don't have a long time horizon-don't let someone push you into buying unless you are sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut