Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 12:20 PM

6,895 posts, read 3,738,611 times

Advertisements

Sorry, missed the note Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Round 3:
Fairfield County

Westport vs Trumbull - Westport, sorry CTArtist, you're in over your head here.

Brookfield vs Greenwich - Greenwich

Fairfield vs Stamford - Fairfield, Sorry Stamford, better location and FFld's corrupt politicians weren't enough

Weston vs Ridgefield - Ridgfield heads and shoulders

New Haven County

New Haven vs Middlebury - New Haven

Branford vs Guilford - Guilford

Madison vs North Haven - ok then, Madison. Is anything ever going to change dramatically in CT to have different towns in the final four?

Wallingford vs Milford - Milford wins the battle of the chain dining meccas

Hartford County

What happened to Manchester Dan ?? the home of the late great Ian Curtis

Glastonbury vs Rocky Hill - The Rock!

West Hartford vs Wethersfield - another NoHa for Weha. Wethersfield

Avon vs Simsbury - Simsbury

Newington vs Farmington - Newington

Middlesex County

Old Saybrook vs Middletown - Middletown

Essex vs Cromwell - Cromwell, for Sammy Davis Jr

New London County

Montville vs Stonington - Stony

North Stonington vs Groton - North Stony

Preston vs Waterford - Waterford

Lyme vs East Lyme - No Lyme

Litchfield County

Kent vs New Hartford - Kent

Litchfield vs Washington - Litchfield

New Milford vs Woodbury - Woodbury

Bridgewater vs Roxbury - Roxbury

Tolland County

Tolland vs Mansfield - Tolland

Hebron vs Ellington - Hebron

Windham County

Woodstock vs Thompson - come on, Woodstock

Ashford vs Pomfret - Pomfret

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 3!!!!

Old 04-18-2020, 12:32 PM

21,740 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Ha, we actually don’t have that main chain sit down restaurants, especially because the mall ones never seem to stay in business.

We are down to Chili’s, Red Robin, Hooters, Cracker Barrel... actually I can’t think of any others? We have tons of independent restaurants though (look at that takeout list! http://www.discovermilfordct.com/restaurants A few local “chains”, Plan B, Colony, Flipside, Guacamole’s, Eli’s, Archie’s.

I would say Danbury is much more of a sit down chain mecca. Many other towns have more at this point.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:09 PM

2,175 posts, read 1,639,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Ha, we actually don’t have that main chain sit down restaurants, especially because the mall ones never seem to stay in business.

We are down to Chili’s, Red Robin, Hooters, Cracker Barrel... actually I can’t think of any others? We have tons of independent restaurants though (look at that takeout list! Milford, CT Restaurant Take-Out and Delivery (COVID-19, Coronavirus) - Discover Milford, CT A few local “chains”, Plan B, Colony, Flipside, Guacamole’s, Eli’s, Archie’s.

I would say Danbury is much more of a sit down chain mecca. Many other towns have more at this point.
Honestly though, Orange has most of the chain sit down restaurants you can think of though, which is right next to Milford. When I am there shopping and looking for something to eat, I always forget that Milford and Orange are even two separate towns. I guess many people forget that as well. They just drive down Route 1, see all those restaurants and often forget that they are in Orange not Milford.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Sorry, missed the note Dan

Madison vs North Haven - ok then, Madison. Is anything ever going to change dramatically in CT to have different towns in the final four?

What happened to Manchester Dan ?? the home of the late great Ian Curtis

Lyme vs East Lyme - No Lyme
You're good Steve!

Regarding the final four towns, I honestly am not sure. No I wouldn't say anything in CT will drastically change, but keep in mind voters on here do change here and there, and we always have new people vote every year we do the tournament. Many of those towns wins are by extremely close margins by 1-2 votes, and that can easily be shifted with voters coming and going.

Sorry Steve, I'm afraid Simsbury was too tough for Manchester. I like Manchester as well, but Simsbury does have some really pretty areas especially around the mountains.

Lyme vs East Lyme (What is your vote for that? No Lyme, meaning you vote for Lyme, or against Lyme? Or do you mean no vote at all? Sorry, just confused a bit here. Left that blank until you let me know).

Old 04-18-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
Thompson is really only more convenient to I-395, which means... convenient if you're trying to leave. The town has some good things going for it -- extensive, well-maintained stone walls line most of the "center of town," where Marianapolis School is, which gives it a prim and proper New England feel. Thompson Motor Speedway, if you're into that (comes with some noise, unfortunately). On the other hand, it has the "old mill town" section that has seen better years, and has a considerable amount of mediocre connected tract housing. That section is like Putnam, except without Putnam's attractions.

Woodstock has much more natural beauty, many farms (=fresh produce and the best dairy products I've had), better schools (Woodstock Academy), 2-acre lot sizes, no light pollution or sound pollution. If you want to get to 395, you can take your pick between the entrances in Webster, MA, Thompson, or Putnam.

I agree that Pomfret or Woodstock is best in Windham County.
Thompson is my favorite town in Windham, followed by Pomfret. I like the convenience of Thompson. Not only convenient to I-395, but also has some amenities and pretty close to the amenities in Putnam which are right on the line. I also LOVE the Quaddick State Forest Area and the Form Hill Farms & Gardens are really nice too. Pomfret just has some very pretty areas.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You're good Steve!

Regarding the final four towns, I honestly am not sure. No I wouldn't say anything in CT will drastically change, but keep in mind voters on here do change here and there, and we always have new people vote every year we do the tournament. Many of those towns wins are by extremely close margins by 1-2 votes, and that can easily be shifted with voters coming and going.

Sorry Steve, I'm afraid Simsbury was too tough for Manchester. I like Manchester as well, but Simsbury does have some really pretty areas especially around the mountains.

Lyme vs East Lyme (What is your vote for that? No Lyme, meaning you vote for Lyme, or against Lyme? Or do you mean no vote at all? Sorry, just confused a bit here. Left that blank until you let me know).
no Lyme, so East Lyme it is

Old 04-18-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Slight spoiler alert for my sales pitch here, but I'd make the same claim about Fairfield

I actually think the towns most similar to Fairfield in the state are probably Milford, West Hartford, and Branford.
Glastonbury and Waterford as well.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
no Lyme, so East Lyme it is
Ahh ok! Great Thanks! Just recorded that!

Old 04-18-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Glastonbury and Waterford as well.
Other than a couple of town centers I don't see many similarities with any of them. None of them have Southports and Greenhill Fields.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Other than a couple of town centers I don't see many similarities with any of them. None of them have Southports and Greenhill Fields.
Very true! That is really what is unique about Connecticut! No towns are really that similar to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut