Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 10:01 PM

1,895 posts, read 1,545,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
BGM is GONE.
Sorry Bud. I am very disappointed and bummed as well Here is the thing though: Milford and New Haven just have way too much to offer these days and are both towns that have so much going for them at this rate. New developments and growth keeps going on in those towns and people are starting to really appreciate them more and more as time goes on.

Guilford and Madison both have very special places in my heart, especially Madison. Madison as one of the most stunning coastlines and beaches in the whole state, however with that said, I believe for a lot of people the coastline was really the only thing that Madison had over Milford. Better schools as well, but technically that's it. Milford has A LOT more to offer. If you compare the amenities in Madison vs Milford, Milford wins 100%. Madison barely has much to do outside of beach activities, and I just think that it drew many people towards Milford in that fixture. To be fair, you have to drive a little ways to get to big shopping centers and amenities from Madison. While Madison's coastline is superior, Milford still has some really nice beaches though which is why I believe Madison's coastline couldn't attract enough people over Milford.

Regarding Guilford, it has a little more stuff than Madison, but nothing compared to New Haven. We've already had this discussion many times, but so many people on here have stated that there is just so much to LOVE about New Haven and all that the city has to offer, and while Guilford is more scenic and has much better beaches, it still lacks a lot of amenities especially compared to New Haven.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Here are Mine:

Round 5:

Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield: A little tough. Westport is very beautiful and has some really good beaches. Love the sherwood and saugatuck shores. However, Fairfield really is a more complete down with more diversity. So much going for it, and of course I love my hometown!!! Overall, I'd say I somewhat prefer the beaches in Westport, but Jennings and Southport beaches are also very nice and almost as good. Very nice restaurants as well, and what I really admire about Fairfield is the town is very spread out, so you never find it overly crowded in one specific place, like some of the other towns.

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford: WOW, probably the toughest fixture for me. LOL, I've literally been talking about both of these towns almost all day today on here, and now I have to vote for one of them. I appreciate both towns so much for different reasons. The Connecticut Post Mall in Milford is honestly the best mall I have ever shopped at in the whole country, seriously. Appreciate that Mall so much and it has almost everything. Usually in the summers my family spends much of it in Fairfield, and while the Mall in Trumbull is quite a bit closer, I always go to the Milford Mall because it is a lot bigger and just has so much more to offer. Also, a couple of my cousins live in Milford, and for the last 6 years it's a tradition on the 4th of July that we all spend the day at the beach in Milford as a huge family and have our biggest BBQ on the grill. OMG the memories I always make grilling chicken and burgers with my 3 brothers right on the Milford beach. However, I'm going to give a slight edge to New Haven, just because I LOVE walking around the city and there is so much to see and do. Milford's beaches win no question, but the East Shore Beach around the Lighthouse Park is nice, and the views you get from city life on that beach are somewhat special. Also as I said before, a lot of very special restaurants and good food in New Haven.

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury: Prettier!

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme: Like both towns, but East Lyme just has a very special place in my heart with the Niantic area and a lot of good seafood restaurants with the town feeling very coastal. Love the Nehantic State Forest as well!

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury

Old 05-02-2020, 07:15 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,948,415 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury

Old 05-02-2020, 07:55 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,387,061 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury

Old 05-02-2020, 09:07 AM

21,495 posts, read 27,731,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Sorry Bud. I am very disappointed and bummed as well Here is the thing though: Milford and New Haven just have way too much to offer these days and are both towns that have so much going for them at this rate. New developments and growth keeps going on in those towns and people are starting to really appreciate them more and more as time goes on.

Guilford and Madison both have very special places in my heart, especially Madison. Madison as one of the most stunning coastlines and beaches in the whole state, however with that said, I believe for a lot of people the coastline was really the only thing that Madison had over Milford. Better schools as well, but technically that's it. Milford has A LOT more to offer. If you compare the amenities in Madison vs Milford, Milford wins 100%. Madison barely has much to do outside of beach activities, and I just think that it drew many people towards Milford in that fixture. To be fair, you have to drive a little ways to get to big shopping centers and amenities from Madison. While Madison's coastline is superior, Milford still has some really nice beaches though which is why I believe Madison's coastline couldn't attract enough people over Milford.

Regarding Guilford, it has a little more stuff than Madison, but nothing compared to New Haven. We've already had this discussion many times, but so many people on here have stated that there is just so much to LOVE about New Haven and all that the city has to offer, and while Guilford is more scenic and has much better beaches, it still lacks a lot of amenities especially compared to New Haven.
Milford coast is no slouch

Gallery - Milford, CT Photography

Old 05-02-2020, 09:21 AM

1,294 posts, read 2,600,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
There is really just not any basis on which to compare New Haven vs Guilford... They are totally different. Where are you going to buy a home and raise a family? That's Guilford. Where are you going on a Saturday night? Probably New Haven.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:49 AM

953 posts, read 581,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Milford coast is no slouch

Gallery - Milford, CT Photography
I'm shocked you haven't mentioned this yet but Milford actually has the longest coast in the state.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:45 AM

34,636 posts, read 56,391,795 times
Fairfield County

Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven

Hartford County

West Hartford

New London County

Stonington

Litchfield County

Litchfield

Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM

1,294 posts, read 2,600,262 times
Quote:
I'm shocked you haven't mentioned this yet but Milford actually has the longest coast in the state.

I wonder if that counts the Housatonic and Milford Harbor and Gulf Pond. When I look at Stonington, that seems like the most LI Sound frontage. But I am not going to fight about it .

Old 05-02-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Really? Even more than Stonington? Milford and Stonington appear about the same coastal size to me. Greenwich seems up there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut