Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 12:17 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,633,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Milford coast is no slouch

Gallery - Milford, CT Photography
Very true. Never meant to say that. Milford has a really nice coast and I do love some of the beaches. I was just trying to say that in general Madison's coastline is more stunning and definitely has the edge, especially with the Surf Club area.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:21 PM

537 posts, read 330,690 times
Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury

Middlesex County

Winners: Old Saybrook
Runners Up: Essex

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury

Old 05-02-2020, 03:40 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Deadline: Friday May 8th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury

Middlesex County

Winners: Old Saybrook
Runners Up: Essex

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury

Tolland County

Winners: Mansfield
Runners Up: Hebron

Windham County

Winners: Woodstock
Runners Up: Pomfret

Old 05-02-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
I wonder if that counts the Housatonic and Milford Harbor and Gulf Pond. When I look at Stonington, that seems like the most LI Sound frontage. But I am not going to fight about it .
Nico7, and Stylo, just wanted to remind you, be sure you don't forget to vote in this round!

Old 05-02-2020, 05:39 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,627,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Nico7, and Stylo, just wanted to remind you, be sure you don't forget to vote in this round!

I will, but I have to do some research on the towns first. I just have general impressions of some of these towns, maybe visited once or twice.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:28 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Deadline: Friday May 8th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Fairfield County

Westport vs Fairfield - fairly easy. Better beaches, more down to earth, the beauty of Southport and Greenfield Hill, and for the most part better/more varied food. About a tie for culture, Westport has the gallery, playhouse, pavilion but Fairfield has the excellent FTC.

New Haven County

New Haven vs Milford - hardest vote yet. Love both. 2 of my favorite cities in CT. But New Haven gets the slightttt edge for me. Keep in mind I’m voting as a place to enjoy (and tangibles like charm), not to live in - because I think in the last too many votes were done that way and you always get the same Mayberry places on top, some of which aren’t very interesting. New Haven has the best food, music scene, cultural amenities, and architecture in the state. It’s chock full of character. Milford wins on shoreline, traditional New England charm, and natural beauty overall (though East and West Rock, and Lighthouse Point are super nice).

Hartford County

West Hartford vs Simsbury - close. Simsbury is more quaint and less pretentious, but WH has a great downtown and Elizabeth Park.

New London County

Stonington vs East Lyme - easier one for me. East Lyme has arguably the prettiest beach in the state (Rocky Neck), but Stonington has the Borough. A stunning place oozing with charm, like a little historical Newport in CT. One of the most underrated gems in the state, and far superior to touristy and somewhat manufactured downtown Mystic IMO.

Litchfield County

Litchfield vs Woodbury - very close but Litchfield wins on a charming center and standout homes.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:30 PM

21,722 posts, read 28,048,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
I wonder if that counts the Housatonic and Milford Harbor and Gulf Pond. When I look at Stonington, that seems like the most LI Sound frontage. But I am not going to fight about it .
Yes most counts include those. This is something that’s hotly contested. Milford certainly has the longest if you draw a straight line across and up the river, but a town like Greenwich may have more coast simply because there’s so many inlets and bends.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Keep in mind I’m voting as a place to enjoy (and tangibles like charm), not to live in - because I think in the last too many votes were done that way and you always get the same Mayberry places on top, some of which aren’t very interesting.
I vote that way as well, regarding the town I enjoy spending time in. Honestly when it comes to which town I'd rather live in, that could really vary depending on who is living with me.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Lyme vs East Lyme - No Lyme
Steve, this was a few rounds ago, but I must say this still makes me laugh really hard!!! Thanks so much for making me laugh by saying it this way!!! This was really the ultimate, funniest part of the whole tournament so far!!!

Old 05-03-2020, 05:49 AM

6,873 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Steve, this was a few rounds ago, but I must say this still makes me laugh really hard!!! Thanks so much for making me laugh by saying it this way!!! This was really the ultimate, funniest part of the whole tournament so far!!!
No prob Dan, thats what I'm here for, though sometimes the laughs get me in trouble with your boss.
Now on to the votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut