Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2020, 12:53 PM

710 posts, read 402,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Who knows what he has in store for next years tourny but you can bet it's going to be a masterpiece.
I'm hoping for a bizarre upset. Like somehow Plymouth or Vernon wins and everyone's scratching their heads lol.

Old 09-30-2020, 01:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,643,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTableKnight View Post
I'm hoping for a bizarre upset. Like somehow Plymouth or Vernon wins and everyone's scratching their heads lol.
Ugh, that would be really hard to see one of those teams win. I'd say as for an upset, Litchfield or Glastonbury probably has the best chance. Maybe West Hartford or Essex? However, I'd be very shocked of Plymouth or Vernon wins it, LOL.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:23 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Nico7, of course!!! Very passionate about these tournaments!!!

I do believe this might feel a little strange during the times now to some of you, but I hope covid-19 doesn't ruin the fun and passion for this that everyone enjoys. I understand wanting to avoid a competitive mentality, but try not to look at that way. In other words, it's kind of like saying I don't want to play board games because of the times we are in, because board games are usually competitive. Same idea. Try and look at it as a fun game competition and a way to learn a lot of new stuff when analyzing all the pairings and what different people think about each town and remember there are so many reasons for why people choose certain towns over other. You really get to learn what people look for and the priorities of many people when looking at the different towns.
I went through Chester in the past week specifically because of this thread - - as beautiful as I had hoped. I will be referring to this thread frequently & visiting many of these towns; thank you to everyone who contributed!

Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I went through Chester in the past week specifically because of this thread - - as beautiful as I had hoped. I will be referring to this thread frequently & visiting many of these towns; thank you to everyone who contributed!
Oh yeah. Storybook center.

Old 10-21-2020, 12:57 PM

6,908 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I'm always late to the best parties! But reading it after the fact is pretty close!
That's like watching reruns. Its just not the same.
Make sure you're around for next years Tourny. Who knows what Danny K has up his sleeve. It's sure to be another epic masterpiece. He's got more than the Baroque era.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:33 AM

34,936 posts, read 56,945,109 times
This article reminded me of the Town Tournament we did last year. I remember the minor controversy we had over West Hartford coming out No. 15 rather than higher in our outcome. In Niche’s rating it is No. 1 followed by the Weatogue section of Simsbury. Niche ranks sections of towns separately which is odd. The Southport section of our No. 1 town, Fairfield, is ranked No. 6. Seems low to me. Fairfield overall ranks No. 12. Other of out top towns like Greenwich, Simsbury, Ridgefield, Farmington, Westport, Woodbridge and Avon are also in the top 15. What do you think? Jay

https://patch.com/connecticut/westha...wn-connecticut

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...s/connecticut/

Old 03-17-2021, 09:57 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,630,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
This article reminded me of the Town Tournament we did last year. I remember the minor controversy we had over West Hartford coming out No. 15 rather than higher in our outcome. In Niche’s rating it is No. 1 followed by the Weatogue section of Simsbury. Niche ranks sections of towns separately which is odd. The Southport section of our No. 1 town, Fairfield, is ranked No. 6. Seems low to me. Fairfield overall ranks No. 12. Other of out top towns like Greenwich, Simsbury, Ridgefield, Farmington, Westport, Woodbridge and Avon are also in the top 15. What do you think? Jay

I don't have anything against West Hartford or Simsbury, they are nice towns, but I think the methods here are bunk. Simsbury twice in the top 5 -- that says all you need to know. Madison is next to Rocky Hill in their rankings, which I think are not comparable towns in their desirability.

Formulating my own ranking would take me untold hours and I would probably create an "index score" rather than be totally subjective about it. Branford, Guilford, Madison would be higher. Factoring in cost of living and the nearness to NYC, some of the FFC towns would lose a few points in my version.

Litchfield, Middlesex, New London, Tolland, Windham counties would have better representation in the top 25.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:24 AM

6,908 posts, read 3,746,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post

Looks great to me. There's no wrong or right answers.
My personal top 10 any order, this is just geographic - Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport, Fairfield, Milford, Guilford, Madison, Mytic-Stonington. Long Island Sound is my only score index. Simple.

When does the 2021 Tournamant start. Where is DannyK?

Old 03-17-2021, 11:35 AM

982 posts, read 599,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Looks great to me. There's no wrong or right answers.
My personal top 10 any order, this is just geographic - Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport, Fairfield, Milford, Guilford, Madison, Mytic-Stonington. Long Island Sound is my only score index. Simple.

When does the 2021 Tournamant start. Where is DannyK?
The tournaments are only in the spring of even numbered years. We're halfway to Faifield's next W!

Old 03-17-2021, 02:40 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
I don't have anything against West Hartford or Simsbury, they are nice towns, but I think the methods here are bunk. Simsbury twice in the top 5 -- that says all you need to know. Madison is next to Rocky Hill in their rankings, which I think are not comparable towns in their desirability.

Formulating my own ranking would take me untold hours and I would probably create an "index score" rather than be totally subjective about it. Branford, Guilford, Madison would be higher. Factoring in cost of living and the nearness to NYC, some of the FFC towns would lose a few points in my version.

Litchfield, Middlesex, New London, Tolland, Windham counties would have better representation in the top 25.
Usually these lists correlate with the most wealthy towns in a given area. Not many surprises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut