Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 07:58 AM

1,929 posts, read 2,037,963 times

Advertisements

Traditions in Southbury is another HOA community with pool/community center. Not super expensive but definitely more than 300k... Probably high 300s to mid 400s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 08:00 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
Yes Lakeridge it is.......
Prices start under 100k, HOA is about $625. High but you get so much. Taxes seem low. Will you build equity....no but what a place!......
Yes, the pricing is weird. For a 1600 SF townhouse condo, the prices are about $60,000, which is about $59 per square foot. The taxes may be low because of the low assessment on the unit. I assume the HOA fee covers the taxes on all the common properties. There is even an indoor pool, which is rare to find in a Connecticut community. Listings are grouped at the LakeridgeCT website.

I know Lakeridge was not what the OP asked for. Perhaps they could search real estate sites looking for a community pool which would require an HOA to manage. One example coming close to the requirements is a Fannie Mae attached unit in Avon. It is a ranch condo, with a community pool in the Hunters Run complex. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-09946?view=qv

Old 04-10-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
Traditions in Southbury is another HOA community with pool/community center. Not super expensive but definitely more than 300k... Probably high 300s to mid 400s
A couple of current listings are $387K and $403K. They are detached house condominiums. Does that mean you would not own the land? .

Old 04-10-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Great Oak Farm is an HOA community but it is not gated.
Also, the prices start at $328K. Homes are detached condominiums. That form of ownership is not common in North Carolina where I live, but seems more frequent in Connecticut. Is there a tax incentive for the builder to retain control of the community facilities?

Old 04-10-2020, 08:46 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Yes, the pricing is weird. For a 1600 SF townhouse condo, the prices are about $60,000, which is about $59 per square foot. The taxes may be low because of the low assessment on the unit. I assume the HOA fee covers the taxes on all the common properties. There is even an indoor pool, which is rare to find in a Connecticut community. Listings are grouped at the LakeridgeCT website.

I know Lakeridge was not what the OP asked for. Perhaps they could search real estate sites looking for a community pool which would require an HOA to manage. One example coming close to the requirements is a Fannie Mae attached unit in Avon. It is a ranch condo, with a community pool in the Hunters Run complex. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-09946?view=qv
Lakeridge is like living in a country club. It really seems amazing.
Very cheap buy in. Low taxes, High HOA......but then you get so many amenities for the dollar.

It could be the Stepford of Litchfield hills!

Old 04-10-2020, 09:55 AM

34,917 posts, read 56,893,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I've never heard of such an outlandish claim as that in my entire life. I lived in an area near and just outside gated roads and communities. The homes were just as well kept as the ones inside the gates.
I’ve seen it. The area some of my family lives is down south is a bit trashy but the nearby gated community is very nice and well kept. It’s not uncommon to see run down homes with over grown grass and old cars in their neighborhood. Sure the amenities are great too but most HOA’s don’t tolerate that and that is a common reason to go to those types of communities. Jay

Old 04-10-2020, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 4,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObedientSir View Post
Anybody know of any gated HOA communities in CT in good towns? CT doesn't seem to have many gated HOA communities compared to other states. My budget is $300k. Thanks!
Farmington Woods in Avon https://www.farmingtonwoods.com

Old 04-10-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanGayle View Post
Farmington Woods in Avon https://www.farmingtonwoods.com
That's a possible. However, the current listings are under 2500 SF, and they are townhouses. The OP's later posting said he wanted a single family house over 2500 SF. I think they are looking for a unicorn, however, the group has given them some options if they can compromise on size or price. Great Oak Farms and Traditions at Southbury are good options.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:52 AM

8 posts, read 4,549 times
Oh, oops, I missed the second post with specifics. Correct, no single family homes at Farmington Woods. I see only two listings with the square footage and they're townhomes over $350 https://farmingtonwoodsrealty.com/listing?listingId=22

Old 04-10-2020, 11:17 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I’ve seen it. The area some of my family lives is down south is a bit trashy but the nearby gated community is very nice and well kept. It’s not uncommon to see run down homes with over grown grass and old cars in their neighborhood. Sure the amenities are great too but most HOA’s don’t tolerate that and that is a common reason to go to those types of communities. Jay
That’s not the rule, however. Gated communities are everywhere, both in affluent and non affluent areas. To suggest communities are gated, like the poster did above, because they’re in trashy areas is a statement that couldn’t be further from the truth. It is to protect the amenities homeowners pay so much to maintain.

If you drive around places like Boca Raton, FL or Newport Beach, CA you will see gated communities everywhere. Both of these towns are uber wealthy and are far from trashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut