Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 06:46 AM

6,902 posts, read 3,742,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
LOL. That reminds me of the time I saw a Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward and their daughters in Barkers in Westport which was a discount store similar to Walmart. I was a kid and couldn’t believe they were there. He was buying motor oil and Joanne was in the shampoo aisle. Think the daughters were looking at makeup. Weird. Jay
You pre-date me on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleEight View Post
Yes, it's right off Godfrey Road West right next to Devil's Den. I'm not giving away any secrets here - "everyone" knows where he lives...
What about Plummer and Walken? are they still in town?
Plummers a great guy. Walken is one weird dude IRL.
The late great Donna Summer was a former resident. A class act, wonderful person.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:39 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,944,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
The late great Donna Summer was a former resident. A class act, wonderful person.
Walken lives in Wilton.

Frankly this is sort of a bizarre choice of towns. Other than having good schools and being fairly wealthy, these towns are really different (and the commutes to NYC are quite different). If OP can afford Darien but wants to look at some place more rural, I would point them to New Canaan. Not that New Canaan is as rual as Weston, but its more rural than Darien with a similar vibe. And if they like the rural vibe of Weston, they should look at Redding and Easton too. I also agree that Westport should be in the mix, as should Wilton, as people in Weston spend a lot of time in those towns for shopping, dining etc.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:00 AM

21,751 posts, read 28,077,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 75 View Post
Walken lives in Wilton.

Frankly this is sort of a bizarre choice of towns. Other than having good schools and being fairly wealthy, these towns are really different (and the commutes to NYC are quite different). If OP can afford Darien but wants to look at some place more rural, I would point them to New Canaan. Not that New Canaan is as rual as Weston, but its more rural than Darien with a similar vibe. And if they like the rural vibe of Weston, they should look at Redding and Easton too. I also agree that Westport should be in the mix, as should Wilton, as people in Weston spend a lot of time in those towns for shopping, dining etc.
Walken is actually in Westport now, on the Saugatuck adjacent to the train station.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Walken is actually in Westport now, on the Saugatuck adjacent to the train station.
Man, nothing gets by you guys on CT.
Never knew he even left Weston.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:42 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
OP there is a grocery store in Norwalk near the Westport border called Stew Leonards. Christopher Walken went there with Richard Blelzer and they are in the clip below. There is a reason I want you to see this clip. I am an artist and musician and most of my friends who are artist and musician live in Norwalk, Weston, Westport and Fairfield. The people in this are have more character and are not just you typical Wall Streeter types like in Darien and New Canaan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mWtlkRqhU

Old 04-27-2020, 03:46 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
OP there is a grocery store in Norwalk near the Westport border called Stew Leonards. Christopher Walken went there with Richard Blelzer and they are in the clip below. There is a reason I want you to see this clip. I am an artist and musician and most of my friends who are artist and musician live in Norwalk, Weston, Westport and Fairfield. The people in this are have more character and are not just you typical Wall Streeter types like in Darien and New Canaan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_mWtlkRqhU
It looks like the house is on the Saugatuck River. I could see one of the bridges over the river in the far background but it’s hard to identify. Interesting. Jay

Old 04-27-2020, 05:27 PM

73 posts, read 94,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Christopher Plummer still lives here. I agree, Donna Summer was a great singer...her work with Giorgio Moroder sounds dated now but she had amazing talent.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:09 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It looks like the house is on the Saugatuck River. I could see one of the bridges over the river in the far background but it’s hard to identify. Interesting. Jay

Needs more cowbell!

Old 04-28-2020, 05:59 AM

12 posts, read 23,206 times
I am glad to see this has turned into a "where does Walken and Richards live?" convo lolol

So if I have decided to open search to: Westport, New Canaan, Weston, Wilton, and Darien..top rated schools, easy NYC commute, and ppl with similar wealth...what we are looking for...

Thanks, All!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut