Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:37 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren's Mom View Post
The Creamery Brook Bison Farm hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think. See the bison, have a wagon ride, help make butter and ice cream, take some bison meat home to try!

Creamery Brook Bison - Home Page

[/url]
Ooooo, good one. I forgot about that!

Here are a couple more:

Take the kids to Yankee Candle Factory in MA - about 45min -1 hour North in Deerfield. No admission fee, but I'm not responsible for spontaneous candle purchases.

Yankee Candle Village - South Deerfield, MA (http://www.yankeecandle.com/yc/images/retail/flagship/ycvDeerfieldEventsVideo.html - broken link)

You'll have more fun at a candle factory then you ever thought!

Up the road there is a Butterfly Garden (indoor) as well if you think that might be fun.

Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory & Gardens

2. Visit Old Sturbridge Village just over the MA border on I84

Old Sturbridge Village
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 07:49 AM

786 posts, read 3,924,814 times
We took a very short trip to the Goshen area yesterday, visited the wineries, had lunch, explored Mohawk State forest and the covered bridge in Sharon. Beautiful!!

Old 05-03-2010, 05:06 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,519,897 times
Most of my favorites are all listed but my top three very most favorite CT areas are, Dinosaur state park Rocky Hill, CT! Yes Yes Yes lottsa fun! Hammonasset Beach Madison, CT, a perfect beach in my opinion never too crowded. Mystic Aquarium Mystic, CT, one of my few precious childhood memories, I love it there, actually, see the entire city of Mystic. Depending on where you are in the state or how far you wanna travel, lottsa great places in MA already mentioned, Old Sturbridge Village, the Magic Wings Butterfly place, Yankee Candle, I can definitely recommend all those. Also I didn't see Plymouth Plantation with the Mayflower Replica too, or Pilgrim Monument in Province Town, or the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls MA listed anywhere. Not only is the bridge beautiful, the whole town is. And also don't forget, this is CT, Boston and NYC are always within reach. Not that CT isn't already filled with a million billion great things already.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 8,573 times
he Yankee Candle flagship store in South Deerfield, Massachusetts, is the Disney World of candles. You can literally lose yourself for hours in its winding, cavernous showrooms and among its tantalizing scents. Of course, the good folks at Yankee Candle hope your visit will cost you something. Consider yourself warned that it may be impossible to avoid purchasing a votive or two at minimum: Yankee candles come in wonderful, scents and they make ideal gifts. If you have tremendous willpower, however, you'll find this retail complex a visually enthralling and very entertaining free place to browse.

Last edited by JayCT; 05-18-2010 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Removed attachments

Old 10-04-2010, 02:37 AM

11 posts, read 29,154 times
Hi,
There are many things to see near CT,
Boothe Memorial Park & Museum sits on an idyllic,in the north end of Stratford by the Housatonic River.The park is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are many architecturally unique buildings and attractions on the grounds as well as a new, handicapped accessible playground. Other then Museum Philip Johnson Glass house in New Canaan features exterior walls of clear glass.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 AM

267 posts, read 448,071 times
Default Pro Football in CT

The Hartford Colonials of the UFL. This new football league is actually pretty legitimate with many former NFL players and college stand-outs(Andre Dixon of UCONN plays for them btw). They play their games at Rentschler Field in East Hartford(same place as UCONN). They have a game on Saturday against the Florida Tuskers at 3 p.m., tickets start at like ten bucks so it's well worth the price of admission.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:13 AM

34 posts, read 92,172 times
well in simple words... CT rocks.....

Trolly Museum in East Windsor
The dinosaur place Montville
Mystic Aquarium Mystic
Beardsley Zoo Bridgeport
Maritime Aquarium Bridgeport
Stepping Stones Children Museum Norwalk
Hammonasset State Park/ Beach Madison
Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam
The Noah Webster House, West Hartford
The Bushnell, Hartford

Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 PM

28 posts, read 91,000 times
hi everyone,
there are many places in CT, where people can hang out with family... well my favorites are... Beardsley Zoo,Maritime Aquarium....

Old 11-05-2010, 11:05 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Lake Compounce In Bristol. That's a whole days worth right there.
Greenwich ferry to an island (exit 3 I-95)
Mt. Bear-hiking for anyone..clean trails,

Old 11-21-2010, 02:28 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,757,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLees View Post
The Hartford Colonials of the UFL. This new football league is actually pretty legitimate with many former NFL players and college stand-outs(Andre Dixon of UCONN plays for them btw). They play their games at Rentschler Field in East Hartford(same place as UCONN). They have a game on Saturday against the Florida Tuskers at 3 p.m., tickets start at like ten bucks so it's well worth the price of admission.
The season ended yesterday with a win against the Las Vegas Locomotives, 27-14, and a 3-5 record (4th place tied with the Omaha Nighthawks). The game almost didn't happen due to a $150,000 fee that's been imposed on the NFL if UFL members with certain qualifications are signed.

Here's the UFL season summary:
5-3 Las Vegas Locomotives
5-3 Florida Tuskers
4-4 Sacramento Mountain Lions
3-5 Hartford Colonials
3-5 Omaha Nighthawks

Here's the Colonial's record against individual teams:
1-1 Las Vegas Locomotives
0-2 Florida Tuskers
2-0 Sacramento Mountain Lions
0-2 Omaha Nighthawks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut