Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZZ View Post
Because Stephen Hawking grew up poor and on section 8 as well.
Your right, a guy who can't even blink or speak isn't challenged...someone like him could never tell his professors or the doctors they don't have the final word and turn the field of quantum gravity on it's ear. Oh wait...

Maybe your also right about people like yourself, perhaps you can't do anything on your own. Maybe I assumed too much and put to high of an expectation on you. Sorry.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
OK most of us joined the board because we wanted to relocate.
Me: I've always wanted to move to Malibu, now my dream can come true....thank you Section 8.
Tell us your success story and don't forget to end it with...thank you Section 8. Just kidding.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:53 PM

77 posts, read 325,466 times
lol your a ____ JViello. i still respect you as an intellectual though.

Last edited by JayCT; 05-06-2008 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: Removed inappropriate language

Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZZ View Post
lol your a dick JViello. i still respect you as an intellectual though.
Made you stop and think though! (And that was really my only intention - not be rude. )

You'll do just fine Tizz - you got some fire in ya, I can tell. Just don't be so quick to let "rich uncle" Sam do it for you - you got the skills, just apply them with direction and purpose.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:30 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so-cal so-confused View Post
Oh my goodness, I apologize for the uproar I have obviously started. Here in Sunny San Diego people are extremely friendly and understanding. I have four children and my husband is making us move to not so friendly Connecticut due to the fact that this country is not doing so well and he was offered a job there. It is unfortunate that there are so few people in Connecticut that seem to have a heart at all. My family and I DO NOT plan on being on section 8 for long, just until we can get back on our feet. I have a disabled 1 1/2 year old which has forced me to stop working in my regular, accounting, field for a while, until he gets a bit older. I never look down on people who are recieving help because that's what it is there for. I also never pictured my self on one of these programs, but I refuse to allow any of you small minded people to make me think twice about getting the help I need because believe it or not I have been working since I was 15 and I have paid a lot of unnecessary taxes to this oh so wonderful country of ours, who has in return put us in this mess that we are all in. So for all you people out there in Snobby Ville Connecticut who are making SOOOO much money, good for you, and I will be enjoy some of the taxes YOU pay.
You didn't start an uproar. It exists without you.
I'm real sorry about your child but I'm sure theres things you can do even at home. Why not try careing for other folks children while they work.
Your sadly mistaken if you think everyone here is wealthy. My wife & I working together cant afford the housing you want our state to pay for.
I'm all for helping out the needy. We have a homeless shelter. If you want a $1500 a month 3 bedroom home you should be able to afford it. If you want municipal aid you should be happy with whatever you get, if anything.

I have 2 kids & live in a 2 bedroom home. Why should I sit quietly while someone is expecting a better home at my expense for free?
Get over yourself.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Section 8 is a separate issue from your child's disability. For your child you'd collect SSD and medical. I'm wondering who is paying for your cross country move?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:28 AM

7 posts, read 21,265 times
I'm sorry I ever found this web site. You are all a bunch of ____ For miss Zonababe, you don't sound like much of a babe at all, more like a Zona_____!!!!!

Last edited by JayCT; 05-06-2008 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
This thread has really turned out badly. I am asshamed of the things being said here and the name calling on both sides. I think it is time to end this discussion once and for all. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut