Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:22 PM

11 posts, read 56,576 times

Advertisements

I am going to purchase a condo at bay pointe village of milford (melba street), ct. There are few issues I am considering:

1) Whether is this a good location in Milford?

2) Does this property have ever something bad reputation?

3) Common charge is way higher than other properties. It is located close to beach, so the flooding insurance might be higher, which is covered within the common charge though. If I would purchase home insurance, whether some insurance companies would avoid this location or charge a higher rate.

4) Whether houses closer to beach are hard to resell in general speaking?

5) Is there flooding danger often during hurriance or flooding seasons in this area?

Any input related to this complex will be highly appreicated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 03:46 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,415,846 times
A friend of mine had a condo there. The commons fees are ridiculous there, that being one of the main reasons he sold his condo...they just kept jacking up the fees. He sold in 2005 (I think) and his was the first condo in the complex to go for $250K (not sure what the prices are now). He never had flooding issues, most people in Milford don't unless you are on the immediate shoreline. The only pain in the rear I saw was the way the garages were laid out in his area. He had to navigate a weird curb line in order to get in and out.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:14 PM

11 posts, read 56,576 times
Thanks, Mels,

Sure. High common charge is also one of my considerations. And I heard there would have a roofing and siding maintenance within next 10 years for this complex. Approximately extra 100 dollar would be charged onto units each month. It is really ridiculous.

Mels, could you let me know when your friend sold his condo at $250k in 2005, It this the highest price within the complex? Are all other condo sold not worthy that much?

Are you familiar foxwood complex in the milford? Do you think this is a good location and orginazied-well community?

Thank you so much!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,415,846 times
Honestly, I have no idea what prices are now. He sold his during the housing boom, I am not sure if Milford condos have fallen in price since then. I can’t really say what it would be worth, since that is relative.

Foxwoods is a great complex, a friend of mine lives there (I grew up in Milford, hence my knowing people all over the place there). The commons fees are low, they have a pool…she has lived there for 7 or 8 years and is happy with no plans on moving.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 9,653 times
I have been to both complexes, and I think you would really get more for your money at Bay Pointe. Being just a block from the Sound is a huge pro. That area of Morningside and the Point is really nice. Foxwoods is right near the mall, and route 1, which is nice, but it also is close to busy roads. It is too close to 95 in my oppinion. Bay Pointe also had central air and many units with fire places. The prices of the condos there overall go for slightly more than Foxwoods. However, there are some really nice condos in Foxwoods too, and the people there are very nice. I think they both have a good reputation. I would love to hear some other oppinions.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,337 times
foxwoods is also very old & tired if you ask me..I too grew up in Milford...the traffic around the area would be a concern to me.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,625 times
Default Dude

Lived at Baypoint Village for over 18 years 2nd floor unit 1300 sqft. was one of the 1st. to move in when they were new loved my unit and being at baypoint was nice, nice group of people living there meet my best friend there and his mom still lives there. Nice and breezy during the summer no problem with flooding ever. The school building had cement floors between the 1st. and 2nd floor which was a good sound proofing facter that most condos don't have like Foxwood. Common charges are high because it is a small complex compared to most insurance is high as well do to wind insurance because it is close to the water. Good complex good size units nice people just needs some good TLC on the grounds and outside of buildings that's were money is needed. Over all GREAT place to live!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
I'd pay the extra common fees for the superior location. That area has all the charm of Milford, whereas Foxwood is near 1, 95, and the mall. Blah. That's just me.

Have you considered just getting a home? Even with maintenance it can be a better proposition and there are a decent amount of small homes at condo prices. But it depends on your budget.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,093 times
Love the location and love the complex! I lived there for 11 years and I was very happy. The complex is well maintained and the building was just sided. The complex was also just repaved, so everything is pristine condition. It's safe, walking distance to the beach, and the community itself is just lovely. I would recommend Bay Pointe to anyone!

Also the common charges are on the high side, but there are only 60 units and the cost to maintain the property, structure, master insurance policy, landscaping...etc. is going up so you need to ensure we can cover our expenses.

Each unit in the schoolhouse building is unique...there are high ceilings, great storage space and each unit has their own garage which is a rare find in Milford

Old 07-01-2014, 08:33 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,177,632 times
Usually Home and Flood insurance are covered in the common charges, you would just be responsible for inside the studs. But if you are concerned about high costs, common charges, flood insurance, flooding, etc, make it easy and just avoid waterfront condos altogether. Just go with one inland.
Anything waterfront will always resell faster, people have very short memories when it comes to things like Sandy- the lure of waterfront property is always alluring. I had two condos right on the water and they both sold very quickly, the second one had multiple offers within 10 days in a down market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut