Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 10:33 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfToo View Post
Sam,

Deer Hill Ave has some beautiful homes. It reminds me of the street from that movie "Home Alone" gorgeous mini mansions. My husbands favorite is up for sale....
Is the former Meeker home the one up for sale? It's the brown home, second one in on the left coming from Tarrywile Park. I lived there for 2 years with five roommates who all went to WCSU. The owner rented it out because he wasn't ready to sell, and we all really enjoyed living there. It's a beautiful home, but the utilities weren't so beautiful each month!

Deer Hill is one of my favorite Connecticut neighborhoods. It's sophisticated with a middle-class flavor. The residents are friendly and very dedicated to Danbury and making it a great place to live. On Halloween, there are hundreds of kids who trick-or-treat on the avenue because the Deer Hill residents put on quite a show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:44 AM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Is the former Meeker home the one up for sale? It's the brown home, second one in on the left coming from Tarrywile Park. I lived there for 2 years with five roommates who all went to WCSU. The owner rented it out because he wasn't ready to sell, and we all really enjoyed living there. It's a beautiful home, but the utilities weren't so beautiful each month!

Deer Hill is one of my favorite Connecticut neighborhoods. It's sophisticated with a middle-class flavor. The residents are friendly and very dedicated to Danbury and making it a great place to live. On Halloween, there are hundreds of kids who trick-or-treat on the avenue because the Deer Hill residents put on quite a show.
It is the big brick home at the corner of Wooster St and West Wooster Street. They currently have contracts signed at the current list price of $949,000.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:33 AM

184 posts, read 842,330 times
The brown house was for sale last year, but the owner took it off the market after awhile. It looks like there are about 6 people living there! Beautiful front yard, needs some TLC. Last time I drove by there was a sign in front that said Land for Sale, but I couldn't find a listing. I think it's 20 Deer Hill.

There's a small farmhouse on Deer Hill up for sale now. Hope the OP is reading this!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSam View Post
The brown house was for sale last year, but the owner took it off the market after awhile. It looks like there are about 6 people living there! Beautiful front yard, needs some TLC. Last time I drove by there was a sign in front that said Land for Sale, but I couldn't find a listing. I think it's 20 Deer Hill.

There's a small farmhouse on Deer Hill up for sale now. Hope the OP is reading this!
They tried selling 20 Deer Hill last year and it didn't see so I think they are renting it, since according to the tax card the owner lives in Washington,CT.

The small farmhouse is offered at $349,900. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and 1132 square feet.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:33 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSam View Post
It looks like there are about 6 people living there! Beautiful front yard, needs some TLC. Last time I drove by there was a sign in front that said Land for Sale, but I couldn't find a listing. I think it's 20 Deer Hill.
Yes there are still six WCSU students living there - it's now frat guys and it's very well known now. It's dubbed the "Deer Hill Mansion" at the university.

The home does need some TLC. The finished basement needs new carpeting, walls need painting, kitchen needs updating and there are some problems with plumbing. The property is beautiful (like most on Deer Hill). There's even a bomb shelter in the basement. Kinda cool.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 AM

371 posts, read 1,566,593 times
Its the brick one that the pp posted. Its selling for under a mil? I know it started way over a mil. The houses there have so much charm and they are huge! i love the old victorians. They don't make houses like that anymore. I know they need alot of money to renovate, but if I had the money-one of them would be mine!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfToo View Post
Its the brick one that the pp posted. Its selling for under a mil? I know it started way over a mil. The houses there have so much charm and they are huge! i love the old victorians. They don't make houses like that anymore. I know they need alot of money to renovate, but if I had the money-one of them would be mine!
Yup, the brick one is under a mil (pending at $949,000. It started at $1.1 million. I've been in the other huge one on Deer Hill that is for sale (#49) in October when the listing agent had a huge realtor lunch party there. It is absolutely gorgeous as huge. It's only offered at $1,150,000...

Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 PM

8 posts, read 29,659 times
Eric, I know a great Realtor in that area. Message me if you want to get the realtors info.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM

4 posts, read 12,946 times
Thanks for all the great information! We really appreciate all the help. Your suggestions will make our visit so much for productive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut