Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 10:51 AM

7 posts, read 5,985 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, thank you so much in advance for your time. I am deciding to sign a lease for a new apartment at Ten Trumble in Trumble CT, instead of other areas in CT for example Ridgefield. I am single in my 30's from Westchester County, NY. I would like to be close to Westport although it's a little above my price range at the moment. I know nothing about the Trumbull area although for the most part was pleased in my experience driving around. But.... I am very concerned that it borders Bridgeport given the information I came across last night falling down the rabbit hole googling until 5am. I am also not familiar with Bridgeport although I see there has been some pretty bad activity 4 minutes from the complex in Bridgeport. Should I be concerned for my saftey in the area. It shows my commute would be to get off the Merritt and drive down Old Town Road and up to the complex in "Trumble" which is the border of Bridgeport and Reservior Street?! Frenchtown area? Please advise, I love the complex but do not want to live looking over my shoulder or with one eye open. Thank you again for your advice or opinions. Bless you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 11:36 AM

334 posts, read 263,612 times
Hi Sandy2124:
I’m a single woman looking to move back to CT and my search also takes into account safety issues.
Before I was in Pittsburgh, I lived in Westchester county also for 10 years, in Mamaroneck and downtown White Plains. Both areas had safety challenges but the properties I lived in helped mitigate those issues with security features such as doormen, secure buildings, gated access, etc. I was still cautious in parking garages and didn’t walk neighborhoods at night. I think wherever you are, you need to take precautions.

I looked at the Trumbull apartment website and they are gorgeous. And brand new!! The rental prices are excellent also which mirrors the location. Those same apartments in Ridgefield or Fairfield Or New Canaan would be significantly more. I’ve looked.

I see it’s a gated community which is great. Have you asked what other security features they will have? I also notice they’re pre-leasing and not open yet. I’d want to move in when the buildings are more inhabited, not just there but anywhere.
Have you contacted the local police dept.? I would do that to ask about the neighborhood but if you’re primarily driving in and out of the property, the surrounding area won’t be a huge issue.
I think they”ll be fine but I understand your trepidation.
Let us know what you find out and good luck.
Patty

Old 09-20-2020, 12:20 PM

7 posts, read 5,985 times
Hi pittsburgpatty! Thank you so much, yes exactly! I am in those areas of Westchester and CT everyday. And your right, even Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury is way higher for 600 sq ft its insane. Whole point of getting a nicer apartment and not spend 3-5k a month is so I can save and eventuallyby in a year or so. Back to Ten Trumbull, they advised they have on foot patrol and patrol driving around. Assigned parking will be close to the designated building. The walk throughs were good, they basically give you a map and allow u to see the show room apartments on your own. Some floor plans are already sol out and the community is pretty full already. For example they are finishing building 3 and its already 50% occupied and their tentative move in dates are Oct, nov latest. I am waiting for Building #4 which they advised will be the last of the contruction come Dec/Jan so I applied to the unit I would prefer this week. Good thing is we wont have to deal with another year of construction noise, bad thing is, bldg 3 and 4 are next to the parway so you can hear it. They also have some available units in the finished buildings! I called the local police and explained my concerns and they advised it's still a pretty safe area with the normal car break theft here and there. I think I may make the jump and make the move. The floor plans are very open, not the typical cookie cutter plans and I am inlove. Thank you very much for your advice and experience, it's greatly appreciated!!! Good luck on your hunt as well.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 PM

4,448 posts, read 3,341,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy2124 View Post
Hi everyone, thank you so much in advance for your time. I am deciding to sign a lease for a new apartment at Ten Trumble in Trumble CT, instead of other areas in CT for example Ridgefield. I am single in my 30's from Westchester County, NY. I would like to be close to Westport although it's a little above my price range at the moment. I know nothing about the Trumbull area although for the most part was pleased in my experience driving around. But.... I am very concerned that it borders Bridgeport given the information I came across last night falling down the rabbit hole googling until 5am. I am also not familiar with Bridgeport although I see there has been some pretty bad activity 4 minutes from the complex in Bridgeport. Should I be concerned for my saftey in the area. It shows my commute would be to get off the Merritt and drive down Old Town Road and up to the complex in "Trumble" which is the border of Bridgeport and Reservior Street?! Frenchtown area? Please advise, I love the complex but do not want to live looking over my shoulder or with one eye open. Thank you again for your advice or opinions. Bless you all
I live in Trumbull.

If you do not go south of Old Town Road you will be OK. I am a Music Therapist and one of the places I play for is the Kennedy Center which is right near Ten Trumbull. I have never felt unsafe at the Kennedy Center location. I also used to go to the Planet Fitness gym and always felt safe too. I live in the northern part of Trumbull so when the Fitness Edge opened up near me I switched to there but only because it was closer and it nudged me to the gym more often.

I am not sure where you work. There are also apartments in Shelton which are about 10/15 minutes from Ten Trumbull which you might like too on Bridgeport Ave.

The northern part of Bridgeport is the safest part of the city although there is a housing project ironically called Trumbull Gardens near there. Whenever I am trying to figure out how safe an area is I go to Trulia and find a house in the area. Let's take a look and see how correct I am about the safety near Ten Trumbull apartments.

So if you look at this crime map from Trulia you can see that Ten Trumbull is in the safest color. The darker color on the left is where the Trumbull Mall is and you can see shop lifting. There is another dark area on the right which at first glance doesn't make sense because it is near the Merritt Parkway where there are no houses. It makes sense to me because there are certain areas where the police park their cars to catch the people shoplifting at the mall and I am sure that is one of them. I bet the police pull the cars over on that section of the Merritt Parkway.
Please help - moving to Trumbull (border Bridgeport) Ten Trumbull new developement-trummbullcrime.jpg

Old 09-20-2020, 01:26 PM

34,913 posts, read 56,885,111 times
Ten Trumbull is located on Oakview Drive in one of Trumbull’s office/industrial parks on the site of a demolished office building. It is located near the Bridgeport city line and is near a public housing complex, Trumbull Gardens. There has been some issues over the years at Trumbull Gardens including shootings, robber and drug trafficking. The link below will bring you to a previous thread on crime there.

Bridgeport is our state’s largest city. Like any large city it has its good areas and it’s bad. Generally it is safe if you stay away from problem areas like the East End and East Side. The North Main Street shopping district is great with a lot of good stores and restaurants you will like. You are also close to the Trumbull mall with all its stores.

I can’t say how much crime from Trumbull Gardens spills over into Trumbull. I wouldn’t say it is unsafe but you should be aware of it. Like anywhere you need to be careful at night. Only you can decide if it is too close or not. Jay

//www.city-data.com/forum/conne...dens-area.html

Old 09-20-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I live in Trumbull.

If you do not go south of Old Town Road you will be OK. I am a Music Therapist and one of the places I play for is the Kennedy Center which is right near Ten Trumbull. I have never felt unsafe at the Kennedy Center location. I also used to go to the Planet Fitness gym and always felt safe too. I live in the northern part of Trumbull so when the Fitness Edge opened up near me I switched to there but only because it was closer and it nudged me to the gym more often.

I am not sure where you work. There are also apartments in Shelton which are about 10/15 minutes from Ten Trumbull which you might like too on Bridgeport Ave.

The northern part of Bridgeport is the safest part of the city although there is a housing project ironically called Trumbull Gardens near there. Whenever I am trying to figure out how safe an area is I go to Trulia and find a house in the area. Let's take a look and see how correct I am about the safety near Ten Trumbull apartments.

So if you look at this crime map from Trulia you can see that Ten Trumbull is in the safest color. The darker color on the left is where the Trumbull Mall is and you can see shop lifting. There is another dark area on the right which at first glance doesn't make sense because it is near the Merritt Parkway where there are no houses. It makes sense to me because there are certain areas where the police park their cars to catch the people shoplifting at the mall and I am sure that is one of them. I bet the police pull the cars over on that section of the Merritt Parkway.
Attachment 223911
You don’t go south of Old Town Road? Really?

North Main Street in Bridgeport is a wonderful shopping district with MANY great stores and restaurants. It’s VERY safe. I’d say it’s as safe as going to the mall. A lot of Trumbull residents shop there. I would suggest you and the OP check it out. Jay

Old 09-20-2020, 01:44 PM

21,717 posts, read 28,042,339 times
You should be fine there. The suggestion to also consider Shelton is smart, as it’s a good value if you’re looking to save as much money as possible.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:57 PM

4,448 posts, read 3,341,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You don’t go south of Old Town Road? Really?

North Main Street in Bridgeport is a wonderful shopping district with MANY great stores and restaurants. It’s VERY safe. I’d say it’s as safe as going to the mall. A lot of Trumbull residents shop there. I would suggest you and the OP check it out. Jay
Sorry.....I should have said "Don't go below Old Town Road on that side of Main Street where Trumbull Gardens is. Here is the area I am referring to.
Please help - moving to Trumbull (border Bridgeport) Ten Trumbull new developement-trumbullcrime2.jpg

Old 09-20-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Sorry.....I should have said "Don't go below Old Town Road on that side of Main Street where Trumbull Gardens is. Here is the area I am referring to.
Attachment 223912
That makes more sense. I know a lot of Trumbull residents shop on north Main Street in Bridgeport because there is so many great shops and restaurants. I wouldn’t have a problem walking or driving on Old Town Road in the area but I wouldn’t go south of that. The location of those apartments is fine. The OP just shouldn’t go to far south of there. Jay

Old 09-21-2020, 10:01 AM

50 posts, read 87,073 times
The question that I have is : Where are you commuting to OR are you working from home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut