U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 02:37 PM

5,828 posts, read 5,150,807 times

Advertisements

The restrictions on vaccine eligibility are a detriment to public health, if the long-awaited vaccines are now just going to expire in freezers, as we debate who should be first in line. We've already made it available to all workers who are working in Covid wards. The vaccine is sitting, as we debate who should get it first.

We should do what Florida has done. Get the vaccines out to all primary care offices, and pharmacies if they have the staff to administer the vaccine, and open it up to all over 65, and even younger, as the supplies permit. Just get it into people's arms, even if it means that a low-risk person got it ahead of a high-risk person. Any person's getting it, helps get us closer to the herd immunity that will protect us all.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 02:40 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,100,854 times
Where is the bottleneck?

Old 12-31-2020, 02:41 PM

18,932 posts, read 25,652,387 times
I agree. Just get it out there.

I’m not sure how FL is distributing it, but since it’s FL, and people up north have been brainwashed by the media to think everything FL does is bad, I doubt they’ll follow suit.

That’s what happened with the regional approach to lockdowns - when FL did it, CNN and the left were condemning it with force. Now that CA has adopted the same approach, they’re getting a round of applause.

So much hypocrisy.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:15 PM

23,332 posts, read 22,476,793 times
Just get it out there! I read that pharmacy techs were told in October that they would get the training, they must be ready by now. And my sister in Virginia said her local CVS went right out and bought a freezer early on. So what's the hold up?

Lamont said we'd be following the CDC guidelines so nursing homes, assisted living, front line medical workers but how about other at risk people? How about anyone over age 65 NOW. Over 65 are supposed to wait until when? April? They've already been cooped up since March.

People over 65 need to get medical check ups, maybe surgery, need to get out of their prisons, they want to eat out and go shopping and to travel. They will help the economy once they are set free.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:40 PM

873 posts, read 519,052 times
Yep, you know someone is going to say their cousin’s, brother’s uncle has family in Florida and that they do vaccines the wrong way there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

I’m not sure how FL is distributing it, but since it’s FL, and people up north have been brainwashed by the media to think everything FL does is bad, I doubt they’ll follow suit.

So much hypocrisy.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:00 PM

256 posts, read 100,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
The restrictions on vaccine eligibility are a detriment to public health, if the long-awaited vaccines are now just going to expire in freezers, as we debate who should be first in line. We've already made it available to all workers who are working in Covid wards. The vaccine is sitting, as we debate who should get it first.

We should do what Florida has done. Get the vaccines out to all primary care offices, and pharmacies if they have the staff to administer the vaccine, and open it up to all over 65, and even younger, as the supplies permit. Just get it into people's arms, even if it means that a low-risk person got it ahead of a high-risk person. Any person's getting it, helps get us closer to the herd immunity that will protect us all.
Are you just speculating or is there an actual bottleneck in Connecticut? AFAIK, people I know in healthcare have received or are scheduled to receive their first dose. This includes OTs, a NICU nurse, and two doctors I know...none of which work in Covid wards, all in CT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

That’s what happened with the regional approach to lockdowns - when FL did it, CNN and the left were condemning it with force. Now that CA has adopted the same approach, they’re getting a round of applause.

So much hypocrisy.
LMAO I was just perusing the news and saw "CHAOS IN LEE COUNTY" Florida, as the elderly camp out overnight because they have made it first come first serve. Of course, any blip of disorganization is going to make the news. Also, a "first come first serve" rule is just begging for a chaotic nightmare. I am not sure if every county in FL gets to choose how they roll it out or not. But I will stop talking about FL now since this is a CT forum

Old 12-31-2020, 08:15 PM

3,094 posts, read 3,034,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBigGreen View Post
Yep, you know someone is going to say their cousin’s, brother’s uncle has family in Florida and that they do vaccines the wrong way there.
Yeah, setting up a Darwinian competition among seniors is the way to go

https://apnews.com/article/public-he...e554dac055bff6

Old 12-31-2020, 09:22 PM

29,764 posts, read 46,850,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post

Connecticut has one of the highest rates (1.5%) of vaccine distribution in the country. I’m not sure why you think that there is a problem. In fact the rate is nearly twice that of Florida (0.8%) which is the US average. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...e-15836424.php

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...irus-vaccines/

Old 12-31-2020, 09:34 PM

5,828 posts, read 5,150,807 times
I remember all the restrictions on who was eligible for the H1N1 vaccine. The vaccine wound up going to waste, spoiling in doctors' offices' refrigerators, because there were so many restrictions on who was eligible to receive it, that hardly anyone got it, and a lot of it just got thrown out.

Every single dose of the vaccine should be going into people's arms the day it arrives. Sure, get the people working with Covid patients done first (which shouldn't be hard - they're all in the hospitals), and then throw it open to everyone over 65, then over 55, then 45, and so on. It should not even spend one night in the offices, pharmacies, hospitals.

It does NO GOOD sitting in freezers. Getting it into anyone in the population helps everyone, by stopping transmission.

Look at Israel. They've already immunized 10% of their population, and they have to have the vaccine flown over there from the US. Certainly, they were behind us in line for distribution, but they're not letting it sit. As soon as it arrives in the country, it gets administered.

We already have the infrastructure to administer the vaccine. We have medical offices, hospitals, pharmacies. Set up drive-thru vaccine administration in the parking lots of the hospitals, for administering the Pfizer vaccine. Send the Moderna vaccine out to every medical office and pharmacy in the country. Doctors' offices and pharmacies and hospitals can bill insurances for a vaccine administration fee, or not, just as the vaccines for children program does.

Every day over three thousand people are dying of Covid, and about a quarter of a million people are getting sick with it every day. There is no time to waste, waiting. We cannot wait for a new president to lead us! Our state governments should be screaming for the vaccine to be shipped out immediately, and then just distribute it to be administered to all comers, instead of at this orderly snail's pace that will take a YEAR.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:40 PM

7,442 posts, read 8,021,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Just get it out there! I read that pharmacy techs were told in October that they would get the training, they must be ready by now. And my sister in Virginia said her local CVS went right out and bought a freezer early on. So what's the hold up?

Lamont said we'd be following the CDC guidelines so nursing homes, assisted living, front line medical workers but how about other at risk people? How about anyone over age 65 NOW. Over 65 are supposed to wait until when? April? They've already been cooped up since March.

People over 65 need to get medical check ups, maybe surgery, need to get out of their prisons, they want to eat out and go shopping and to travel. They will help the economy once they are set free.
Yes yes yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut