Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:22 PM

21,616 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Exit 19 is Wakelee Avenue in Ansonia. It turns into Seymour at the bottom of the hill from the gas station, and Great Hill Road adjacent to the gas station is along the town line. The corporate park where the OP's husband will work (on Birmingham Blvd) is still Ansonia, but next to the Seymour line.
Actually I'll correct myself, exit 19 northbound puts you off in Ansonia on Wakelee Ave., southbound puts you off in Seymour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 PM

42 posts, read 136,682 times
It's 2 Nod Hill. Over 4000 sq.ft. Only about 2 or 3 yrs. old. Listed by Coldwell Banker

Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourct View Post
The town has way outpaced the old 2000 census data. The most current data we saw was from CERC.com; which is a quasi govt. economic data organization from the state, but again it is old data. The education levels achieved for the population seem way underquoted. There are 7 banks, not 5.The number of citizens commuting to Fairfield county for professional jobs seems way underquoted too; just about everyone on our street commutes, and are professionals. They've yet to update the name of the cable provider, again old data. The town has a reputation as being a mill town, but that is no longer true.
I would have to agree (wow, we agree on something!) Seymour has been transformed from a quiet, middle-class suburban town to an upper middle class bedroom community of Fairfield County. I know many people who have moved from Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield to Seymour and love it. The schools are good, the town really has a lot going for it. I hear that where Seymour Lumber currently is they're putting in luxury condos that will have 2 beds each starting at $750k. And, due to Seymour's location, I'm sure they won't have a problem selling.

seymourct - have you lived in Seymour a long time?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:21 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,686,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I would have to agree (wow, we agree on something!) Seymour has been transformed from a quiet, middle-class suburban town to an upper middle class bedroom community of Fairfield County. I know many people who have moved from Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield to Seymour and love it. The schools are good, the town really has a lot going for it. I hear that where Seymour Lumber currently is they're putting in luxury condos that will have 2 beds each starting at $750k. And, due to Seymour's location, I'm sure they won't have a problem selling.

seymourct - have you lived in Seymour a long time?
We've been here for about 3 years; moved most recently from Stratford; originally from Trumbull. Our Seymour neighborhood is fantastic. At the recent Economic Development forum in Seymour a couple months ago it was announced by the developer's representative that the Luxury Condo Tower is NOT going to happen, his rep said he is taking his monies to another state. He cited difficulties with working with the DOT as the main reason, not just for himself but he's watched the negotiations with the DOT and 2 local pharmacies. So far they've not gotten their driveways approved in a timely way at the new building sites. We all want the roads safe, but really there should be a way to work this out.

The most recent minutes from the Seymour EcDev Committee meeting has a note in it that says the owner of the recently closed Seymour Lumber location has potential plans for a medical offices facility.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 PM

34,915 posts, read 56,893,272 times
I must say that the thought of a luxury tower in Seymour makes me quiver. It would really look out of place IMHO and not be good for the town. As for working with DOT, I can tell you that they try to be reasonable and do work as best they can. Unofrtunately they do not have enough staff to do everything that is given them (thank you Mr. Rowland) and with the current budget situation it doe snot look like it will get better. Rell is already talking about ways to cut spending and personnel is one of them. Jay

Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I must say that the thought of a luxury tower in Seymour makes me quiver. It would really look out of place IMHO and not be good for the town. As for working with DOT, I can tell you that they try to be reasonable and do work as best they can. Unofrtunately they do not have enough staff to do everything that is given them (thank you Mr. Rowland) and with the current budget situation it doe snot look like it will get better. Rell is already talking about ways to cut spending and personnel is one of them. Jay
I agree with you for the most part. The 23-stories they were proposing would look very out of place, but I do think luxury condos or apartments on a smaller scale would suit Seymour well. The area downtown is walkable with banks, post offices, the train station, restaurants, shops, etc. They have already given part of downtown a face lift and IMO condos or apartments would be a nice addition - just not 23 stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut