Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 08:52 PM

35,159 posts, read 57,317,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJT View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. For those suggesting Wilton/Weston or Easton, we have thought about those as options, but we really do not wanna be in a rural setting and we would like to have amenities near by. We also do not want to have a ton of land to take care of, and of course we would rather not have a longer commute than necessary. After Talking to my husband more, we have decided to up our budget to 1.8m hoping that this would allow us to find something we want. I didn't really want to go that high as is going to be our first home, but we are planning to raise our kids there so I think is worth it.
That budget will certainly get you more house so Westport is feasible. Good luck, Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 05:44 AM

7,173 posts, read 3,904,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
As I used to work in both the Stamford and Norwalk schools systems (but haven't worked in Stamford since 2018), Stamford has charter schools (I hope you're not thinking of Trailblazers Academy, which is by design a school for "troubled kids" but it is a good school for that)? The only charter I know of in Norwalk is Side by Side school (I think they are also K-8) which is not in the best part of town.

Except for Rogers in Stamford (which is a K-8) and AITE High School in Stamford I didn't find the magnets in Stamford or Norwalk to be too good. I didn't realize either city had Montesorri schools either.
TMI that I'm not privy to. Details and addresses are best researched outside of City Data. There's a wide array of options available, especially for the 1M personnel.
Education is CT's middle name. It's our bread and butter. We're Top 5. THe Op can take solace in knowing that. Every single student in the state can get a great one, all throughout, in all 169. You just have to WANT it!

Old 04-18-2021, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJT View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. For those suggesting Wilton/Weston or Easton, we have thought about those as options, but we really do not wanna be in a rural setting and we would like to have amenities near by. We also do not want to have a ton of land to take care of, and of course we would rather not have a longer commute than necessary. After Talking to my husband more, we have decided to up our budget to 1.8m hoping that this would allow us to find something we want. I didn't really want to go that high as is going to be our first home, but we are planning to raise our kids there so I think is worth it.
Same. I rented 4K and 2 acres in the forest. Beautiful as heck, but after a few months I knew I didn't ever want to own that. Now the Sound is my backyard, maintenance free.

At 1.8 you just put Greenwich on the map. Easiest commute and in CT. Best of both worlds. Could you inch up just a little teeny tiny bit more?

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M42400-74563
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M34369-36212

Old 04-18-2021, 08:07 AM

35,159 posts, read 57,317,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Same. I rented 4K and 2 acres in the forest. Beautiful as heck, but after a few months I knew I didn't ever want to own that. Now the Sound is my backyard, maintenance free.

At 1.8 you just put Greenwich on the map. Easiest commute and in CT. Best of both worlds. Could you inch up just a little teeny tiny bit more?

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M42400-74563
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M34369-36212
These Greenwich homes are smaller than the OP wants though. The OP wants 3,500 square feet. That’s likely going to be higher than their budget. Personally I don’t necessarily see the need for that large of a home but that’s their decision. Jay

Old 04-18-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
These Greenwich homes are smaller than the OP wants though. The OP wants 3,500 square feet. That’s likely going to be higher than their budget. Personally I don’t necessarily see the need for that large of a home but that’s their decision. Jay
Small sacrifice but there's larger ones, it was just two examples. There's a 3.5 for $1.4

Old 04-18-2021, 09:16 AM

11,356 posts, read 18,998,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
TMI that I'm not privy to. Details and addresses are best researched outside of City Data. There's a wide array of options available, especially for the 1M personnel.
Education is CT's middle name. It's our bread and butter. We're Top 5. THe Op can take solace in knowing that. Every single student in the state can get a great one, all throughout, in all 169. You just have to WANT it!

On that I completely agree. I often say both here and in the Westchester forum that many districts frowned on here would still be among the best local districts if placed in metro areas in other parts of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut