Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Ct Brand in a supermarket/store?
Bigelow Tea 3 21.43%
Foxon Park soda 5 35.71%
Other 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 03:53 PM

34,285 posts, read 17,372,575 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me which Ice Cream started in the Bronx? (Bonus points)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 04:01 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,188,030 times
UConn dairy bar ice cream.

(Speaking of non-southern CT bias).

Old 06-14-2021, 04:06 PM

34,285 posts, read 17,372,575 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A4agen-Dazs

Old 06-14-2021, 04:07 PM

21,778 posts, read 31,477,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
UConn dairy bar ice cream.

(Speaking of non-southern CT bias).
It’s not bias. It’s the location where most of the posters here reside or are more familiar with.

Old 06-14-2021, 04:17 PM

21,976 posts, read 28,452,901 times
Buck’s ice cream is great. Arethusa is good too. My favorite you can get in a pint as takeout is Walnut Beach but they don’t sell in stores. The owner does have a brand that’s in stores though, sugar free. I haven’t tried it though.

https://iskream.com/

I’m not a soda person but would make an exception for Foxon White Birch.

Too many CT beers to list, we are spoiled. Some favorites are Tribus, Counterweight, Fox Farm, Kent Falls.

Just found a great local candle brand, Legrify Inspired.

Sure there’s tons I’m forgetting.

Last edited by Stylo; 06-15-2021 at 03:09 AM..

Old 06-14-2021, 11:32 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,715,840 times
Foxon Park makes a very good cherry soda - a flavor that is not common among other makers.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:41 AM

513 posts, read 360,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It’s not bias. It’s the location where most of the posters here reside or are more familiar with.
I was the first to bring up the southern CT bias as a joke. Most people in Fairfield County/Lower New Haven County (i.e. Milford) don't venture anywhere north or east of New Haven. I grew up in that area and was also part of that group until my horizons were expanded

I'd also like to throw Daybreak Coffee Roasters in Glastonbury into the ring. They roast a fine bean in many varieties. I think you can only buy their beans from their Glastonbury store, or at least I have never seen it elsewhere.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:40 AM

7,320 posts, read 3,993,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownedbits View Post
I was the first to bring up the southern CT bias as a joke. Most people in Fairfield County/Lower New Haven County (i.e. Milford) don't venture anywhere north or east of New Haven. I grew up in that area and was also part of that group until my horizons were expanded

I'd also like to throw Daybreak Coffee Roasters in Glastonbury into the ring. They roast a fine bean in many varieties. I think you can only buy their beans from their Glastonbury store, or at least I have never seen it elsewhere.
Who has the time?
Most people in New London and Hartford Countys don't venture that far south or west of New Haven.
Most people in any county or region in any state won't venture that far with any regularity.

Foxon

Old 06-15-2021, 08:49 AM

513 posts, read 360,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Who has the time?
Most people in New London and Hartford Countys don't venture that far south or west of New Haven.
Most people in any county or region in any state won't venture that far with any regularity.

Foxon
Having lived in both areas, there is more of an insular bubble in Fairfield/lower New Haven counties. People in Hartford or New London counties are at least semi-familiar with which towns exist in Fairfield County. The reverse is not true from what I have experienced. Just one person's experience

Old 06-15-2021, 10:41 AM

21,976 posts, read 28,452,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownedbits View Post
Having lived in both areas, there is more of an insular bubble in Fairfield/lower New Haven counties. People in Hartford or New London counties are at least semi-familiar with which towns exist in Fairfield County. The reverse is not true from what I have experienced. Just one person's experience
I think you may be slightly clouded by the group you grew up with. That’s true of many areas, especially those that never leave their hometown.

My friends and I that have moved to the area (Fairfield, Milford, Shelton, etc) do a ton of exploring. The people I’ve met are usually not life long residents and they are not insular.

My friend group I grew up with around Danbury that’s still around there barely ever leave that area. They have almost a purposeful ignorance about what else is in CT. A drive to Norwalk or New Haven would be a true adventure.

When I lived up there in my 20’s I was always going to Litchfield area, West Hartford, CT coast, New Haven, NYC, Boston, etc. That’s just how I am and continue to be.

I will say upscale lower FFC is one place that has an insular vibe to me. Friends in Darien, Greenwich, Westport don’t venture far. Busy lifestyles? NYC-centric? Traffic trapped? Superiority complex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut