Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 01:29 PM

34,962 posts, read 57,016,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
So I noticed driving by on Rt 1 in Darien an old bank is being converted to a place called Birdcode, they put new signage up. I never heard of it so I Siri'd it. Lo and behold another fast food chicken joint, and not far down the road from the Chick-Fil A.

Fast Food Chicken is blazing a path through the state with fury and reckless abandonment.
Birdcode is a very popular West Hartford fast food chicken restaurant. It’s very good. They have 4 new locations in the works: Vernon, Canton, New Britain and Darien. The Darien location should be opening soon, maybe this weekend. A family friend’s son was an Assistance Manager in West Hartford and is the manager of Darien.

https://eatbirdcode.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 03:26 PM

6,939 posts, read 3,771,152 times
Yes, where the HSBC was. The diner nearby is now Quattro Pazzi, very popular italian (what else?), the Fairfield location has been there forever.
Rory's is very popular and always packed, among others in town now. The Goose is a personal favorite.
Darien has a burdgening dining scene, it's really taking off, no doubt about it.

I thought that Hot Haven was Westport, or literally right on the line.

have you guys seen the latest doc on Netflix? - "You are what you eat". Might make you think twice about ever having chicken again. I always knew it was a dirty bird, but man.

Old 01-12-2024, 03:31 PM

8,521 posts, read 4,759,184 times
*sigh* another CFA?

If you like cardboard waffle fries and chicken which plays similarly, go ahead and celebrate.

Foodservice crinkle fries taste better and I could put some cheese and a burger bun around some Dino nuggets and get the same flavour.

Old 01-12-2024, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
*sigh* another CFA?

If you like cardboard waffle fries and chicken which plays similarly, go ahead and celebrate.

Foodservice crinkle fries taste better and I could put some cheese and a burger bun around some Dino nuggets and get the same flavour.
It's not CFA. It's a new place called Birdcore

Old 01-14-2024, 07:09 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,152,559 times
I'm shocked there are this many pages to discuss the opening of a Chick Fil A.

Old 01-15-2024, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
I'm shocked there are this many pages to discuss the opening of a Chick Fil A.
Any thread with Forum flagship "Fairfield" in the header is going to outperform here Ry. It's a given. Take it to the bank. You know this.

Forget about pizza, dry aged beef, the January 13 Snow Squall and live updates on the latest 830g developments in Tunxis Hill and Trumbull for a minute, the fried chicken sandwich has taken CT by storm and nowhere is that more evidenced than here on City Data.

What's next? a Zaxby's in Madison

Old 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM

That would be correct CT615, Rory's caters to local yocal Darien and Norwalk seniors.
The Goose is not as stuffy as others and it gets a well rounded later night live music crowd.
I just happened to be up that way by that Whole Foods yesterday and you're right, the town border sign out on the road literally splits Whole Foods in half between the 2 therefore placing Hot Haven in Norwalk by a smidge.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:24 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,152,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Any thread with Forum flagship "Fairfield" in the header is going to outperform here Ry. It's a given. Take it to the bank. You know this.

Forget about pizza, dry aged beef, the January 13 Snow Squall and live updates on the latest 830g developments in Tunxis Hill and Trumbull for a minute, the fried chicken sandwich has taken CT by storm and nowhere is that more evidenced than here on City Data.

What's next? a Zaxby's in Madison
So that's why my threads sink like a stone. East of the river? Might as well post about Mongolia!

Old 01-16-2024, 03:56 PM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Is Birdcode going into one of those new developments in downtown Darien?

My affection is still with Coromandel in Darien. Many a buffet lunch there.

Old 01-16-2024, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Is Birdcode going into one of those new developments in downtown Darien?
No, further up the road in a standalone next to the car wash across from the Mini Cooper dealer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut